9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Having both of those guys running the ball next year will be incredible. I worried about Devault not getting the carries during the games like Mason did but I think he will get a prominent roll next year. Caleb Kingrey has to find a roll he is comfortable with and they need to find a solid fullback like Barr.

Having both of those guys running the ball next year will be incredible. I worried about Devault not getting the carries during the games like Mason did but I think he will get a prominent roll next year. Caleb Kingrey has to find a roll he is comfortable with and they need to find a solid fullback like Barr.

Kingrey should get some carries as well. He is smaller but seems to like contact. Replacing Barr may be difficult.

Looking forward to next year. MJ has a lot of doubters in MJ and in 9AAA. 2013 was very disappointing in many ways. Time to put 2013 in the past. I fully expect MJ to battle for the 9AAA title.

The upcoming Sr. class was undefeated as freshman, and JV has been undefeated the last 2 years.  Many juniors started or played a ton last year. With that being said; there are many questions to be answered. The talent is there. They need to spend a lot of time in the weight room getting bigger and stronger and focused.

I think the Bears will be back in the top 2 if the coaching/leadership improves. HHS would have to be the favorite. MJ's freshmen class was impressive this year. I also think Coach T knows if he doesn't finish towards the top that this could be his last year as HC at MJ. A lot of people want to use the Chowbay injury as an excuse for a disappointing year. It goes much deeper than that. Off season (weight room) is very critical for this year's freshmen team. They will be counted on to contribute immediately (especially in the trenches). 

Edited by MJpride

I think the Bears will be back in the top 2 if the coaching/leadership improves. HHS would have to be the favorite. MJ's freshmen class was impressive this year. I also think Coach T knows if he doesn't finish towards the top that this could be his last year as HC at MJ. A lot of people want to use the Chowbay injury as an excuse for a disappointing year. It goes much deeper than that. Off season (weight room) is very critical for this year's freshmen team. They will be counted on to contribute immediately (especially in the trenches).

I could be wrong, but I believe MJ will be in the bottom half again next year.

With a little bit of coaching and polishing, I believe this kid could be special. I made the comment earlier this year that if I were to pick a QB to run the offense I would want to, he would be it.

Hatfield has mentioned a few times that they are going to start throwing in a lot more Option type stuff into the playbook because of its recent success. They have the Wing-T which coach Hat runs very well, and then now they're gonna have Elston roll out with option. It gives them a more dynamic offense going into next year. I think they made some of those adjustments around midseason after they lost to Gallatin and Brentwood... and now they look like one of the best teams in the state right now. Seems to have worked out well I'd say.

With a little bit of coaching and polishing, I believe this kid could be special. I made the comment earlier this year that if I were to pick a QB to run the offense I would want to, he would be it.

The improvement he has made both physically and with the mental part of the game since game 1 last year have been astonishing. Best things about him are that he is a team first guy, very humble, great student, great leader. He made 2 throws last Friday night against future SEC DB's in the 4th QTR that a lot of guys would not have attempted. The weight room got him the 2 point conversion against SC because he got hit at the goal line by one tough DB for the Bison. Will have to make some plays with his arm and his legs against WS because they are really good on D.

I think the Bears will be back in the top 2 if the coaching/leadership improves. HHS would have to be the favorite. MJ's freshmen class was impressive this year. I also think Coach T knows if he doesn't finish towards the top that this could be his last year as HC at MJ. A lot of people want to use the Chowbay injury as an excuse for a disappointing year. It goes much deeper than that. Off season (weight room) is very critical for this year's freshmen team. They will be counted on to contribute immediately (especially in the trenches). 

Pride, You are so right; the season went much deeper than the QB injury. The upcoming sophomores will be counted on heavily. They need to grow into their bodies and mature a lot during the off season and get much stronger. Seniors don't have a lot of size; but they know how to play and how to lead. It will be interesting to see who they move around and in what positions. I think many changes will be made. I have already heard that there is more team unity now then there was all of last year.

GO BEARS !

9AAA keeps getting better and better. One of the toughest districts in the state.

I think the lack of defense played a huge part in everyone's thinking that 9-AAA was down. Lots of parity this past year. Once Hurd went down it opened up the whole district. This district is fun to watch with a lot of good coaches and impact players. I expect the same next year. Everyone will be chasing Hendersonville but they will not be unbeatable.