Single A Teams

Don't really understand the need to even bring the Jackson Co. Team into the discussion. EHSfor3 simply said UC will be better than ever and how they played even wothout Amber Fair then Tbob99 goes in the above stuff about rankings and other crap.Hopefully everyone stay healthy this year and makes it to the Boro so it can be handled on the court. Player rankings are for college scouts.

You don't see the need to bring JC into the discussion? Really? I do, because there is a good possibility that they may be facing off. I was merely stating a fact of the rankings. And for you to say that the rankings are only relevant to college coaches is absurd. The rankings are a reflection of their talent in respect to basketball, therefore, in order to contemplate match ups, we can view the rankings and make predictions. So it's not "crap" but, instead, useful.

Don't really understand the need to even bring the Jackson Co. Team into the discussion. EHSfor3 simply said UC will be better than ever and how they played even wothout Amber Fair then Tbob99 goes in the above stuff about rankings and other crap.Hopefully everyone stay healthy this year and makes it to the Boro so it can be handled on the court. Player rankings are for college scouts.

Seems like JC has handled it on the court every time they have faced Union City and if they end up facing each other again this year the outcome will be the same old song.....Jackson County by double digits over Union City. UC couldn't guard Coe last year, they couldn't guard the freshman point guard and they had no answer for Allen. All of whom are still there and until that changes UC will have to settle for playing for Silver. just saying....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No doubt JC will miss the presence of Hensley on inside. However, after watching them this summer there pace of play will be much faster. They now have five who can run the floor every possession. Also, will probably be able to press more on the defensive end. As for clarkrange the word is one of the better guards from crossvile has transferred to the range.

The guard from Crossville played jr. high ball at South Fentress. The other two freshmen are from Fentress County as well.

Edited by cr1

With the addition of Gibson Co. from 13AA to District 14A there are again two teams that can make a run at a State Tourney Bid. Middelton will be a team that will be heard from this year, very talented and athletic. They have good size and a great young scoring point guard.

From a Westview person's perspective, I've made these assessments so far. We will play several teams from district 14A and have played a couple of them so far. UC absolutely drilled us. We are very light on the top end (Jrs,Srs), but that's part of ball and we have several (Sophs/Fresh) playing. UC is an intimidating team and they are big/methodical/and quick. We had no answer in that game. They had their way with us and are talented. They have a beast inside game and a Jr that will kill you from the outside if you give her a foot of daylight.  We will play Gibson County sometime next month, but I heard they rely on 2 players to put up their points. They are coached extremely well and I predict will finish in the #2 spot in 14A. They are a system team and haven't seen their freshman PG yet, but I did hear she can score. We played Greenfield this past week, and I was "somewhat" surprised that we won at their house. I was expecting a tougher game and some improvement from last season for their team, especially on the offensive side. I believe they took up 3 Freshmen to the team and recognized a couple that drilled our programs last year in the Jr High ranks, but I never saw them except in warm ups. I watched one of them drain like 15 in a row, but I don't remember her touch the court in the game. They like to shoot 3s, that for sure and made a few against us. But besides that, they rely pretty much on 1 girl who is very good and tries to do it all for them. They couldn't score very fast on us, but they will probably get better as the season goes along.  LC will have a couple of athletes, but I don't see them having the team from years past. I believe the #2 scorer for them last year is back, but she doesn't have the tools the graduated SR had last year. LC will probably finish around the middle of the pack this year.  South Fulton lost 2 "really" good players from last year, but I think they are in a rebuilding stage this year. They are coached well and play pretty smart, and I think they will be a middle to the back bunch this year.  Don't know much about Humboldt, Bradford, Trenton, or Halls. Of those 4 - Bradford or Humboldt would be my next guess as to where they will finish- behind UC, Gibson County, & Greenfield.

I predict UC will be a team representing the West this year in Single A. I'm sure a lot of teams will be glad when some of those SRs graduate. I know that we will and we aren't even in the same classification. After this year, 14A should get a breather from UC.........you would think.

From a Westview person's perspective, I've made these assessments so far. We will play several teams from district 14A and have played a couple of them so far. UC absolutely drilled us. We are very light on the top end (Jrs,Srs), but that's part of ball and we have several (Sophs/Fresh) playing. UC is an intimidating team and they are big/methodical/and quick. We had no answer in that game. They had their way with us and are talented. They have a beast inside game and a Jr that will kill you from the outside if you give her a foot of daylight.  We will play Gibson County sometime next month, but I heard they rely on 2 players to put up their points. They are coached extremely well and I predict will finish in the #2 spot in 14A. They are a system team and haven't seen their freshman PG yet, but I did hear she can score. We played Greenfield this past week, and I was "somewhat" surprised that we won at their house. I was expecting a tougher game and some improvement from last season for their team, especially on the offensive side. I believe they took up 3 Freshmen to the team and recognized a couple that drilled our programs last year in the Jr High ranks, but I never saw them except in warm ups. I watched one of them drain like 15 in a row, but I don't remember her touch the court in the game. They like to shoot 3s, that for sure and made a few against us. But besides that, they rely pretty much on 1 girl who is very good and tries to do it all for them. They couldn't score very fast on us, but they will probably get better as the season goes along.  LC will have a couple of athletes, but I don't see them having the team from years past. I believe the #2 scorer for them last year is back, but she doesn't have the tools the graduated SR had last year. LC will probably finish around the middle of the pack this year.  South Fulton lost 2 "really" good players from last year, but I think they are in a rebuilding stage this year. They are coached well and play pretty smart, and I think they will be a middle to the back bunch this year.  Don't know much about Humboldt, Bradford, Trenton, or Halls. Of those 4 - Bradford or Humboldt would be my next guess as to where they will finish- behind UC, Gibson County, & Greenfield.

I predict UC will be a team representing the West this year in Single A. I'm sure a lot of teams will be glad when some of those SRs graduate. I know that we will and we aren't even in the same classification. After this year, 14A should get a breather from UC.........you would think.

I agree with your post.As for .Lake Co ,Tiana Gray a shooter that can light it up if she gets her shot off.She looks to have trimmed down and looks like she is moving better but still is going to get other teams best defender.Coach has to find ways to get her shots by screens hopefully.Wiggins,sophomore center looks better and is a blue collar worker.Yancy is very fast and looks better but Lake co needs 2 more starting players.It's like they are playing 3 on 5.Lake co has a couple girls on the middle school team that would probably start as 8th graders if we were on the same campus just for their speed and better defense than what they have at the other two positions.

Edited by mrbigster