Dobyns-Bennett football 2013

dbFAN91

I know this is a DB thread, but I opened the paper up this morning and saw Crockett had beaten Boone.  What's the deal with that?  Now I know Jamborees are Jamborees and you can't get anything out of them, but were Crockett and Boone really even, or was there something the paper didn't mention?  Like Boone not playing starters or something?

I know this is a DB thread, but I opened the paper up this morning and saw Crockett had beaten Boone. What's the deal with that? Now I know Jamborees are Jamborees and you can't get anything out of them, but were Crockett and Boone really even, or was there something the paper didn't mention? Like Boone not playing starters or something?

I'll get the full story later this weekend but my friends associated with the Blazers have been really low-key on this years prospects. I didn't realize it was that bad though. I'll update if I get any more info but will do it over on the Big 7 Conf Champs thread where the jamboree is being discussed. Crockett deserved the win last night.

Edited by RebRaider85

Someone mentioned that DB has switched from wing to spread formation??? I know you guys lost some speed to graduation, but that seems a bit drastic. Not sure if I'll make it next week due to it being on a Thursday night, but I think Farragut may put up a better showing than the embarrassment they showed last year.

Someone mentioned that DB has switched from wing to spread formation??? I know you guys lost some speed to graduation, but that seems a bit drastic. Not sure if I'll make it next week due to it being on a Thursday night, but I think Farragut may put up a better showing than the embarrassment they showed last year.

I talked to a fellow DB fan and we disagree on that we should run. I hope he is right and I am wrong with what offense we should run. I think we should have left things the same because Holt may not be fast enough, but in all honesty.. I thought Chris Cook was not fast enough either at one point and time. No one can compare to Malik Foreman or Sean Seabolt for that matter in that offense. Our line is supposed to be our strong suit, but in the spread it is not. I mean Maryville is Maryville, but they beat us. Greeneville wore us out. We have have no speed at Wide Receiver and I just don't see the spread working. If it does, I will gladly admit I am wrong. I mean, I trust our coaching staff to figure all of this out in little over a week. But in my opinion, we should have left things the same. And if we are in the Spread, East has a better arm than Holt. Honestly, I hope we have a decent year. But like I said, I will gladly admit I am wrong if the Spread works out.

Edited by tennesseestud2013

Farragut has a huge offensive line and their quarterback throws well and they have some experience. This will be a tough test for the Indians as they lost a lot of guys due to graduation.  You may have to outscore the Admirals to beat them, the odds are they will get some points. So the question here is will the DB Offense be able to move the ball and keep the big Admiral line on the bench?  Hope to be up there to watch this one.

Coach Clark has changed offenses more times than No Sho WaCo has changed his underwear in the last 20 years. So far, every one of the those offenses has produced a winning season.

And WaCo....change your drawers if you make it to a game this year.

Roll Tribe Roll

You've been hanging around those high school kids so long your starting to act like one. But I'll play along.

Not everybody can afford to wear those fancy silk drawers like you wear. And yours have each day of the week printed on the front so you know to change everyday. Well thats what db91 said anyway. (for all those that were getting ready to ask how I know)

You've been hanging around those high school kids so long your starting to act like one. But I'll play along.

Not everybody can afford to wear those fancy silk drawers like you wear. And yours have each day of the week printed on the front so you know to change everyday. Well thats what db91 said anyway. (for all those that were getting ready to ask how I know)

Well, I don't know how I got drug into this. Just wondering why you are fantasizing about Arts underwear. Really???? I think the gas fumes from the shop bay are getting to you. No really, sounds like you are a little touchy this year. It's hard to talk about high school football intelligently when you have not been to a game this decade. It's ok. Keep sitting in the basement on Friday nights watching spanktravision ( ouch) and leave the prognostication to the fans who are there. Have a good week and can't wait for the comeback. ROLL TRIBE

Well, I don't know how I got drug into this. Just wondering why you are fantasizing about Arts underwear. Really???? I think the gas fumes from the shop bay are getting to you. No really, sounds like you are a little touchy this year. It's hard to talk about high school football intelligently when you have not been to a game this decade. It's ok. Keep sitting in the basement on Friday nights watching spanktravision ( ouch) and leave the prognostication to the fans who are there. Have a good week and can't wait for the comeback. ROLL TRIBE

Your post explains how you got "drug" into this. You and artfandelay are joined at the hip. No really, sounds like you two are way to worried about what im doing on Friday nights. Art was so worried about me last year he spent the whole game looking around to find me and never knew what happened on the field. He had to wait until I posted on coachT to find out. Im going to wear a red and white shirt Thursday night and you and Art try and spot me. It will be like "where's Waldo" except we'll call it "where's WaCo". U-all check out CoachT after the game and I'll tell you what happened. Oh! and no drinking before the game.

after watching DB get smacked around by greeneville yesterday, and DB"s qb consistantly overthrow receivers by 5-10 yards i'd say yalls passing game needs s ome work. Definately wasnt the typical DB team we're used to getting hammered by every  year in a scrimmage, so it was fun to watch our 1's have their way with DB. that said, good luck to the tribe this year, it appears yall are gona need it.

So let me ask you,If Greeneville dont win the state title this yr are you sayin that this team was a BUST?..Cause the way you're typing it seems like that would be the case.And if they lost in the playoffs then i guess you can use the same talk that is used about DB and the playoffs right?A great season but nothing to show for it.JUST SAYIN SLICK!

So let me ask you,If Greeneville dont win the state title this yr are you sayin that this team was a BUST?..Cause the way you're typing it seems like that would be the case.And if they lost in the playoffs then i guess you can use the same talk that is used about DB and the playoffs right?A great season but nothing to show for it.JUST SAYIN SLICK!

Dude you need to get a life. Did coachT finally let you back on? Hey bigvoldaddy it's dukeman i do believe! Edited by DevilMan03