WEEK 0: Oneida @ Rockwood

crow

This one could be sloppy. I know Oneida lost some players from last year and I know Rockwood lost 4 lineman, their starting QB, 3 leading rushers, an all-state TE and no receiver on the squad caught a pass last year. That sounds like a team with no chance, but Coach Webb has done some of his best coaching in those type situations. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the East Ridge scrimmage go....?  I've heard they were not as strong as some of the teams they have fielded in years past?  Don't know if that is accurate or not.

Kazzy

East Ridge scrimmaged Boyd and they actually look pretty good. A lot better than the past few years. 

As far as this game goes, I think Oneida might roll in this one. 

Goose.....did you go to the Kingston Jam?  If you watched both "quarters"......a person would have left thinking Oneida will thrash the Tigers.  Fortunately, I wasn't born yesterday and I know Rockwood is well coached, so I'm throwing the blow out theory out the window.  I will say this, Oneida has played above expectations up to this point.  Some new blood has solidified their backfield with depth, they have two legitimate game changers, the line has played better than anticipated, and Lambert has the Defense playing fast and furious.  Rockwood looked good too but losing those two kids to GCA is a terrible blow.  I give you my score about mid week (like everyone is excited about that) :rolleyes: and this opener is big for both of them.

Kazzeetor

This should be a good game. Not too familiar with either team just know some of the best football seems to come out of small communities. Good luck to both teams this season. I will be very interested to see how this one shakes out. I will be checking in on this thread thru the week to see if Pugo ventures a prediction. Lots of respect to Coach Webb. I've seen him do some impressive things with some of the teams he has had in the past. Lambert will have his boys bought in also, he seems to know how to get the best out of his guys as well. I will go with Oneida based only on the chatter about Rockwood loosing some key players. A win by the Tigers would not shock me, I have seen stranger things happen.(especially at the tiger den). Again best of luck to both teams. Hope both come out as healthy as possible.

This should be a good game. Not too familiar with either team just know some of the best football seems to come out of small communities. Good luck to both teams this season. I will be very interested to see how this one shakes out. I will be checking in on this thread thru the week to see if Pugo ventures a prediction. Lots of respect to Coach Webb. I've seen him do some impressive things with some of the teams he has had in the past. Lambert will have his boys bought in also, he seems to know how to get the best out of his guys as well. I will go with Oneida based only on the chatter about Rockwood loosing some key players. A win by the Tigers would not shock me, I have seen stranger things happen.(especially at the tiger den). Again best of luck to both teams. Hope both come out as healthy as possible.

Thers no way I could give an educated prediction. Both teams lost alot ,but Oneida has the West kid back. I'd probably give the Injuns the edge for that 1 reason. Both coaches do a great job in my opinion.

Rock-Vegas is #7 in the Examiner Pre-Season Top Ten.  I've seen a little bit of each team....no big surprises in the eye test.  One thing that did catch my interest was the Scott Co. scrimmage...they say Scott won that one 5 tds to 1.....?  I heard Scott is much improved from a year ago...well, they should be as last year team was NOT very good.What I can't figure out is have the Highlanders just took a giant leap forward or did the Tigers drop a notch or two.  I'll say it again....the Indians have exceeded everyones expectations so far....not that we expected to be bad, just feel like they have done a little better than anticipated.

Kazzander

Idk much about rockwood a year ago but I do know that Scott has taken a huge leap forward from getting use to the spread again after Lamberts system left. They look at least... "AT LEAST" 7-3 and possibly quater finals. They look like a really good 4A team. I only see fulton or maybe Catholic in the way when it comes playoff time. We have a super fast team this year... still it is early but looks promising!

Idk much about rockwood a year ago but I do know that Scott has taken a huge leap forward from getting use to the spread again after Lamberts system left. They look at least... "AT LEAST" 7-3 and possibly quater finals. They look like a really good 4A team. I only see fulton or maybe Catholic in the way when it comes playoff time. We have a super fast team this year... still it is early but looks promising!