Week 1: 1A Coalfield (1-0) vs. 4A Knoxville Catholic (1-0)

Shocker0

Well it should sting a little QS89.....I mean they are 3 classes down.  The Irish have always been good....even back in the day when they routinely faced Coalfield/Oneida and some of the other little schools in District 4.  Then they moved out West to their new campus and jumped in with the bigger schools.  Most of us are still chasing small town football because there is no alternative.  Coalfield having a good group allows this one to be interesting.  The Oneida State Champion (92) was the same way.....good group of players coming through at just the right time.  Most years the Irish would wipe the floor with us....?  This year has the possibility of Coalfield having the goods to go toe to toe with ya.  Those are good years to remember....

Kazanity

:thumb:  :thumb:

I know that Catholic is bigger then Coalfield, but KCHS only has 600 kids.  Coalfield has a good program.  It's not like they are having a fluke season or something like that.  They have a strong competitive program.  I said in the spring that Coalfield must be good if they called to play.  I think KCHS is putting more into this game then the Notre Dame game.  I'm sure Coalfield will come out like gang busters.  It should be exciting.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Lord. What do you people not understand? Coalfield IS NOT supposed to win this game. If you're ranked in the top 10 in 4A and you lose to one of the smallest public schools in the state, then it's a huge blow regardless of what that 1A team is ranked.

Good grief if it makes your ego feel any better, if Coalfiled wins, I will make sure to get on coachT and cry about how this will destroy and break the Irish season and how Catholic won't bounce back, boo hoo.  Will that satisfy you then?  

listen Q, pretty sure catholic made the first call. only 600 kids... coalfields enrollment is 197. Any way you dice, t the irish are heavily favored in this one. it will take a perfect game from the jackets to even stay close. not to mention depth will come in to play at some point.  why would they put more in this match up than notre dame? they were ranked in the top 10 in class 3A? sound like you the inside scoup on this game. all BS aside,  how do you see it playing out for real? just hope you exopse coalfield in this one . we get our chance in a few weeks!

Good One......QS89.  No it won't be the end of the world for either program.  And regardless of the outcome, hardly anything to shed a tear over.  Their strong competative program comes and goes with the seasons though....they hit the payola on small town football this season and possibly next year too, but with rises there are ebbs too.  There are very big obstacles that prevent rural small schools from repetatively fielding strong teams year after year.  Good luck tomorrow...I hope both teams remain unscathed on the injury front.

Kazzazzini

Good One......QS89.  No it won't be the end of the world for either program.  And regardless of the outcome, hardly anything to shed a tear over.  Their strong competative program comes and goes with the seasons though....they hit the payola on small town football this season and possibly next year too, but with rises there are ebbs too.  There are very big obstacles that prevent rural small schools from repetatively fielding strong teams year after year.  Good luck tomorrow...I hope both teams remain unscathed on the injury front.

Kazzazzini

These last two posts are the best of this whole thread!Kudos you two.

Kazzazzini

--------------------------------------------------------

+1 pullin for Coalfield !!  

@kazam 37 and ttubobcat, the Irish have played up in classes but its due to the multilplier, Catholic was dominate in 3A under coach Pemberton and the last 5 years its been a struggle (mostly due to playing 5A and 6A teams). The Irish are trying to build what they had. Coalfield had maintained. Say what you feel but it will be a battle.

@kazam 37 and ttubobcat, the Irish have played up in classes but its due to the multilplier, Catholic was dominate in 3A under coach Pemberton and the last 5 years its been a struggle (mostly due to playing 5A and 6A teams). The Irish are trying to build what they had. Coalfield had maintained. Say what you feel but it will be a battle.

This one has me a little baffled as far as who wins or loses,I feel like KCHS will win by about 14.Then Coalfield has a really good ballclub with size and speed.I am pulling for the underdog but I think depth will win out.

@kazam 37 and ttubobcat, the Irish have played up in classes but its due to the multilplier, Catholic was dominate in 3A under coach Pemberton and the last 5 years its been a struggle (mostly due to playing 5A and 6A teams). The Irish are trying to build what they had. Coalfield had maintained. Say what you feel but it will be a battle

I haven't read anything saying it wont be a battle. if its a runaway game I would say it will be catholic doing the running. but, make no bones about it coalfield is the underdog in this game with nothing to lose. i really expect catholic to win by at least two scores. kudos to coalfield for even scheduling a 4A private school with a winning tradition. hope both teams are injury free! and  OH...go OZ!

Q....You guys are a heavy favorite. Act like it. Going from playing all those big schools with size and speed to playing a class A school should be walk in the park, even if they are ranked. No you cant over look them but come on, what chance should they really have? You act like everyone should feel sorry for the poor old Irish!