New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

A/P Poll - 10/7/2013

http://columbiadailyherald.com/sections/sports/preps/ap-prep-football-polls-oct-7.html

Class 1A

Record Pts Prv

1. Humboldt (15) 6-0 184 1

2. South Pittsburg (2) 5-1 166 2

3. Cloudland (2) 6-0 132 4

4. Nashville Christian School 6-1 121 5

5. Columbia Academy 6-0 109 6

6. Union City 5-1 89 7

7. Greenback 4-2 76 3

8. Coalfield 4-2 69 8

9. Dresden 5-2 56 9 1

10. Midway 5-1 20 NR

Others receiving 12 or more points: None.

Edited by ArtVandelayTN

Yea. But you won't answer the question!!!!

Per the NCS web site, they do have a work study program for which athletes are eligible. The web site gives no details - merely says to call the financial office with any questions regarding this program.

I am no expert on TSSAA rules, but I believe that there is no problem with programs of this type as long as the wages paid represent market value for work performed.

Per the NCS web site, they do have a work study program for which athletes are eligible. The web site gives no details - merely says to call the financial office with any questions regarding this program.

I am no expert on TSSAA rules, but I believe that there is no problem with programs of this type as long as the wages paid represent market value for work performed.

See, if I just wait a few hours someone will do the heavy lifting :rolleyes: 

Exactly, but try telling that to these trolls (not you, but BlahBlah1) that come around every time we win a game.  

And, in case you haven't been following the other controversial topic on here.  We have at least three boys that are receiving interest from D1 and/or SEC programs.  That brings the trolls around too - just watch............

Edited by NCSdad1962

Exactly, but try telling that to these trolls (not you, but BlahBlah1) that come around every time we win a game. And, in case you haven't been following the other controversial topic on here. We have at least three boys that are receiving interest from SEC programs. That brings the trolls around too - just watch............

3 boys at a small 1A public school is pretty good. I can imagine how that little league and middle school program was.

So basically your saying their is no difference in D1 and D2? I guess if your looking at it thru orange and blue glasses. Then it must be legal. LOL!!!!

So basically your saying their is no difference in D1 and D2? I guess if your looking at it thru orange and blue glasses. Then it must be legal. LOL!!!!

I am not looking at it through any glasses. The following is directly from the TSSAA Handbook, Q&A Section:

Q. Can a school employ student-athletes to “work off†tuition?

A. No. Article II, Section 16 of the TSSAA Bylaws sets forth the only means for reduction of tuition. A school may employ student-athletes as long as the remuneration or consideration for work is not in excess of the amount regularly paid for such service.

If you don't like the rule, take it up with the TSSAA. btw; if the school is following the rules, at least these kids have to work and it is costing the taxpayers nothing. Have you no problem with "Open Zoned" schools, where a "public" school can allow "out of zone" athletes (including kids from a different county in some cases) to attend/play while paying a nominal fee for "out of zone tuition" while the taxpayers in the zone itself make up the difference?

I am not looking at it through any glasses. The following is directly from the TSSAA Handbook, Q&A Section:

Q. Can a school employ student-athletes to “work off†tuition?

A. No. Article II, Section 16 of the TSSAA Bylaws sets forth the only means for reduction of tuition. A school may employ student-athletes as long as the remuneration or consideration for work is not in excess of the amount regularly paid for such service.

If you don't like the rule, take it up with the TSSAA. btw; if the school is following the rules, at least these kids have to work and it is costing the taxpayers nothing. Have you no problem with "Open Zoned" schools, where a "public" school can allow "out of zone" athletes (including kids from a different county in some cases) to attend/play while paying a nominal fee for "out of zone tuition" while the taxpayers in the zone itself make up the difference?

County schools have nothing to offer and if a kid is a great athlete and is willing to move then he's going to go to a private