New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

You shouldn't jump to conclusions.  I grew up in farm country Ohio.  My dad's family farmed for years in Indiana (still do).  My degree is in Math/IT and I work for the largest healthcare company in the US.  If I could do my job in a small town in TN like Cedar Hill and my son attended Jo Byrns, I would be happy, happy, happy.

Are you saying that all small town public schools are farmers kids? Surely not!

I for the most part agree with this post, they are kids just like any other, but every once in a while you will have a team take advantage of the rules that these "LOWLY" public schools try to abide by and we just dislike that so much that we probaly take it out on all private schools! These  "UPITY" schools " if that is a word" just rubs  us  " LOWLY REDNECKS" the wrong way! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please make a distinction between NCS and the "upity" schools you are referring to.  My son used to attend one of those schools before transferring to NCS.  That other school wouldn't even talk to him about playing football because he had never played before.  Now that he is a known commodity, we have coaches from the other school asking why he transferred and would he consider coming back - yeah, right.  NCS is nothing like those schools and hopefully never will be.  The school board, administration, and teaching staff are awesome.

Please, please, please make a distinction between NCS and the "upity" schools you are referring to. My son used to attend one of those schools before transferring to NCS. That other school wouldn't even talk to him about playing football because he had never played before. Now that he is a known commodity, we have coaches from the other school asking why he transferred and would he consider coming back - yeah, right. NCS is nothing like those schools and hopefully never will be. The school board, administration, and teaching staff are awesome.

Me and a couple of my farm buddy's actually set with y'all last year at Cwood in the playoffs and everybody was really nice.

Please, please, please make a distinction between NCS and the "upity" schools you are referring to.  My son used to attend one of those schools before transferring to NCS.  That other school wouldn't even talk to him about playing football because he had never played before.  Now that he is a known commodity, we have coaches from the other school asking why he transferred and would he consider coming back - yeah, right.  NCS is nothing like those schools and hopefully never will be.  The school board, administration, and teaching staff are awesome.

I wasn't saying  NCS was a "UPITY" school at least not yet!  We "LOWLY" people try not to judge a book by the cover just look at all the angles and make our best judgement! As far as I know you all are good people, with good intentions!  Just didn't like nor appreciate the "LOWLY" comment, just as I think you didn't like the "UPITY" comment thats all!  We are just simple people in most of these small towns that just want our kids to be treated equal, with equal chances to compete!  No disrespect intended from me to anyone!

I for the most part agree with this post, they are kids just like any other, but every once in a while you will have a team take advantage of the rules that these "LOWLY" public schools try to abide by and we just dislike that so much that we probaly take it out on all private schools! These  "UPITY" schools " if that is a word" just rubs  us  " LOWLY REDNECKS" the wrong way! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too... when they do the wrong thing!!!  The best thing to do is just go out and beat them and this conversation becomes irrelevant. 

Are you saying that all small town public schools are farmers kids? Surely not!

No, just refuting someone's insinuation that I'm a city-boy.  The point I was trying to make was that the city (Nashville) public schools are awful.  And my experience with small town public school is that they are full of teachers that care, coaches that want to instill life-lessons, and parents that are involved.  You try finding that here in Nashville proper - good luck.  Guess I didn't make my point very well.

No, just refuting someone's insinuation that I'm a city-boy.  The point I was trying to make was that the city (Nashville) public schools are awful.  And my experience with small town public school is that they are full of teachers that care, coaches that want to instill life-lessons, and parents that are involved.  You try finding that here in Nashville proper - good luck.  Guess I didn't make my point very well.

"Understood"     I don't even like driving thru Nashville, much less stay there! I'M a country boy!

Edited by IMAWCFAN

I wasn't saying  NCS was a "UPITY" school at least not yet!  We "LOWLY" people try not to judge a book by the cover just look at all the angles and make our best judgement! As far as I know you all are good people, with good intentions!  Just didn't like nor appreciate the "LOWLY" comment, just as I think you didn't like the "UPITY" comment thats all!  We are just simple people in most of these small towns that just want our kids to be treated equal, with equal chances to compete!  No disrespect intended from me to anyone!

My bad on the "lowly" comment.  I was being sarcastic because the trolls that come on here to sling mud at the private schools assume that we think of them as "lowly".  I don't feel that way at all.  My parents raised me much better than that  ;) .