New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Please, please, please make a distinction between NCS and the "upity" schools you are referring to.  My son used to attend one of those schools before transferring to NCS.  That other school wouldn't even talk to him about playing football because he had never played before.  Now that he is a known commodity, we have coaches from the other school asking why he transferred and would he consider coming back - yeah, right.  NCS is nothing like those schools and hopefully never will be.  The school board, administration, and teaching staff are awesome.

I'm sorry but this post reads just like your son was being recruited by these schools....lol....but anyway....wildcat89 beat me to it. These private schools haven't had much luck against WC. I have no problem with them. Just like someone said, just line up and play, but doesn't mean I like them. Check out the video....time 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYUaMK_7Cwo&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by wildcatalumni

I'm sorry but this post reads just like your son was being recruited by these schools....lol....but anyway....wildcat89 beat me to it. These private schools haven't had much luck against WC. I have no problem with them. Just like someone said, just line up and play, but doesn't mean I like them. Check out the video....time 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYUaMK_7Cwo&feature=player_detailpage

Yes Wildcat, back in 2010, NCS's QB had the worst game of his career, threw 5 INT's, and we lost 49-28. But this is 2013 and I GUARANTEE you that should WC have the misfortune of traveling the 100 miles up to Nashville to take on the 2013 Eagles in a playoff game, NCS will roll WC out like wholesale carpet. Translation for the younger folks...NCS will whoop WC like

Chris Brown would beat Rihanna. Are we clear?

logo.jpg
Edited by ArtVandelayTN

Come on guys. Can we get back to what this thread is supposed to be about. It doesn't matter which side of this issue you are on, it's not gonna change any time soon. let's talk about the poll. UC moved up to 6 ythis week. Cool.

I doubt they moved them high enough, they look like at least a top 4. The west looks pretty strong to me.Several contenders in that neck of the woods. Playoffs are going to be tough.

I go out of town on business and miss all this...sorry to be late to the conversation but am curious about the "work study for less or no tuition thing" at NCS to entice athletes...Is it me or does that sound an awful lot like recruiting? If this isn't against the rules then the other privates in TN need to step up their game and start recruiting athletes to better compete in 1A.  

I think you missed Ambassador's post (#158).

I doubt they moved them high enough, they look like at least a top 4. The west looks pretty strong to me.Several contenders in that neck of the woods. Playoffs are going to be tough.

I must admitt i am pleasantly surprised at how well we are doing with this team that has only 3 seniors. I didn't expect to make this much noise. Just taking one game at a time. Hoping we continue to play sound smash mouth football.

Hey guys,

Serious question here...... We are off this week and I would like to go see a 1A West team that might have a tough match-up.  Watching UC maul Greenfield doesn't sound like too much fun (unless you're from UC).  Looks like a lot of teams are off this week.

Any thoughts?

I wish high speed internet would arrive in Waynesboro someday. Would be nice if they could broadcast the Buttercup Bowl on the internet this Friday so I didn't have to drive two hours to watch WC & Columbia Academy. That's about the only decent game around. Humboldt playing some girls prep school as usual.

Hey guys,

Serious question here...... We are off this week and I would like to go see a 1A West team that might have a tough match-up. Watching UC maul Greenfield doesn't sound like too much fun (unless you're from UC). Looks like a lot of teams are off this week.

Any thoughts?

UC or humbolt will b there in the end to play for it all I'm thinking,,, but with a lil luck you guys jus might get there ( not to be funny either ) UC is coming on strong and they play a clock control physical style of ball... I'm sorta thinking the Devils may play you guys again in Nashville in nov...... But for now I'd lean toward keeping an eye on UC