New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Hey guys,

Serious question here...... We are off this week and I would like to go see a 1A West team that might have a tough match-up.  Watching UC maul Greenfield doesn't sound like too much fun (unless you're from UC).  Looks like a lot of teams are off this week.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I don't see any tough matchups this week. You'll want to know what UC, Dresden, & Humboldt have because that's who you'd face in the semi-finals. JB played Humboldt the past two years and they're pretty tough. If/when they get Mclilly back they'll probably be your biggest challenge if I had to guess. Mclilly is their RB and already has an offer from Vandy. 6'-1" 185lbs with speed to burn. Check out his highlight film (the first run is against JB last year).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Mr0uPsOdE

UC or humbolt will b there in the end to play for it all I'm thinking,,, but with a lil luck you guys jus might get there ( not to be funny either ) UC is coming on strong and they play a clock control physical style of ball... I'm sorta thinking the Devils may play you guys again in Nashville in nov...... But for now I'd lean toward keeping an eye on UC

If things play out like we think they will, will we both (NCS and JB) get byes in the first round?

I wish high speed internet would arrive in Waynesboro someday. Would be nice if they could broadcast the Buttercup Bowl on the internet this Friday so I didn't have to drive two hours to watch WC & Columbia Academy. That's about the only decent game around. Humboldt playing some girls prep school as usual.

Come on down to WC and watch these buttercups that's going to put your eagles out of the playoffs.

I wish high speed internet would arrive in Waynesboro someday. Would be nice if they could broadcast the Buttercup Bowl on the internet this Friday so I didn't have to drive two hours to watch WC & Columbia Academy. That's about the only decent game around. Humboldt playing some girls prep school as usual.

really you talking about Humboldt not having a tough schedule we played Jo Byrnes from NCS district and we beat the living crap out of them the last two years so don't talk about our schedule when all y'all play out blind deaf girl prep schools so really why don't you just mind your own squad and we will show you really what were all about come playoff time

really you talking about Humboldt not having a tough schedule we played Jo Byrnes from NCS district and we beat the living crap out of them the last two years so don't talk about our schedule when all y'all play out blind deaf girl prep schools so really why don't you just mind your own squad and we will show you really what were all about come playoff time

Gee, I failed to realize you're supposed to factor in games from PRIOR years when evaluating the CURRENT year's schedule difficulty. You and the Ambassador love citing past accomplishments as evidence of your current team's skill level. "That dog won't hunt". 

I didn't realize Humboldt moved down from 2A to 1A this year. That's fishy. Being so close to Jackson it's hard to believe your population decreased. Looks like either an act of omission or co-mission. Humboldt has a population of 8,452 and moves down to 1A and a comparable town Rockwood has 5,200 and remains in 2A? There needs to be an investigation. Somebody is cooking the registration books.

Gee, I failed to realize you're supposed to factor in games from PRIOR years when evaluating the CURRENT year's schedule difficulty. You and the Ambassador love citing past accomplishments as evidence of your current team's skill level. "That dog won't hunt". 

I didn't realize Humboldt moved down from 2A to 1A this year. That's fishy. Being so close to Jackson it's hard to believe your population decreased. Looks like either an act of omission or co-mission. Humboldt has a population of 8,452 and moves down to 1A and a comparable town Rockwood has 5,200 and remains in 2A? There needs to be an investigation. Somebody is cooking the registration books.

I am a Milan fan..... so naturally I despise Humboldt.  They are maybe our biggest rivals outside of Huntingdon.  They have a tough schedule.  No disrespect intended, but their district is tougher than yours as they play Peabody and Union City in the district.  They also go out of district to schedule tough games like Milan and Jo Byrnes in the past.  They have also scheduled Liberty and Henry Co. in the past.   And no there is nothing fishy about the enrollment.  Lots of kids going to other school systems over the last few years has drastically decreased their enrollment. 

You know I really have alot of respect for the NCS program as they have made great strides over the last few years and you have some great fans.  But you really shouldn't make all these assumptions.  We see how you faired against a strong West TN team last year in Huntingdon and I promise you Hunboldt is ranked #1 in !A for a reason

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I am a Milan fan..... so naturally I despise Humboldt. They are maybe our biggest rivals outside of Huntingdon. They have a tough schedule. No disrespect intended, but their district is tougher than yours as they play Peabody and Union City in the district. They also go out of district to schedule tough games like Milan and Jo Byrnes in the past. They have also scheduled Liberty and Henry Co. in the past. And no there is nothing fishy about the enrollment. Lots of kids going to other school systems over the last few years has drastically decreased their enrollment.

You know I really have alot of respect for the NCS program as they have made great strides over the last few years and you have some great fans. But you really shouldn't make all these assumptions. We see how you faired against a strong West TN team last year in Huntingdon and I promise you Hunboldt is ranked #1 in !A for a reason

I agree!

Also, my two cents....you can't say that and then be mad when someone doesn't like a private school.

Anyway, I'm ready for playoffs....lots of good smack talkin....makes the games that much better.

I agree!

Also, my two cents....you can't say that and then be mad when someone doesn't like a private school.

Anyway, I'm ready for playoffs....lots of good smack talkin....makes the games that much better.

I was just mocking SOME who have accused NCS of BS and stated we should be in a different division. But you have to admit Humboldt was licking their chops when they got moved down. I also didn't realize they beat up on Jo Byrns the last two years. I'm a little worried now! Seriously.

I didn't realize Humboldt moved down from 2A to 1A this year. That's fishy. Being so close to Jackson it's hard to believe your population decreased. Looks like either an act of omission or co-mission. Humboldt has a population of 8,452 and moves down to 1A and a comparable town Rockwood has 5,200 and remains in 2A? There needs to be an investigation. Somebody is cooking the registration books.[/quote

For one reason or another Humboldt has lost students to neighboring school systems. New schools have been built in the area and parents have moved thier children there. Once again for one reason or another. Humboldt simply lost the numbers and dropped. While you are doing your research go ahead and check out the population of Union City. See what surprises you get there.

I didn't realize Humboldt moved down from 2A to 1A this year. That's fishy. Being so close to Jackson it's hard to believe your population decreased. Looks like either an act of omission or co-mission. Humboldt has a population of 8,452 and moves down to 1A and a comparable town Rockwood has 5,200 and remains in 2A? There needs to be an investigation. Somebody is cooking the registration books.[/quote It's fishy? What is the population of Nashville?

I didn't realize Humboldt moved down from 2A to 1A this year. That's fishy. Being so close to Jackson it's hard to believe your population decreased. Looks like either an act of omission or co-mission. Humboldt has a population of 8,452 and moves down to 1A and a comparable town Rockwood has 5,200 and remains in 2A? There needs to be an investigation. Somebody is cooking the registration books.[/quote It's fishy? What is the population of Nashville?

I would guess about 300,000

I have been following this topic for some time. I don't want to get on the " pile on NCS band wagon". I met some really nice folks from NCS last year in Huntingdon. I also enjoyed the videos that you guys posted. I was happy to hear that this group of boys were having the success that they are having, but Art, you make it hard for anyone other that a NCS fan to pull for you. I understand that you are a strong supporter, but there were some pretty strong posts coming from your camp last year about the tough regular season competition you were playing, and how you were rolling. You remember how that turned out? Posting that everyone else is playing for second might come back to bite ya.