New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

I am not looking at it through any glasses. The following is directly from the TSSAA Handbook, Q&A Section:

Q. Can a school employ student-athletes to “work off†tuition?

A. No. Article II, Section 16 of the TSSAA Bylaws sets forth the only means for reduction of tuition. A school may employ student-athletes as long as the remuneration or consideration for work is not in excess of the amount regularly paid for such service.

If you don't like the rule, take it up with the TSSAA. btw; if the school is following the rules, at least these kids have to work and it is costing the taxpayers nothing. Have you no problem with "Open Zoned" schools, where a "public" school can allow "out of zone" athletes (including kids from a different county in some cases) to attend/play while paying a nominal fee for "out of zone tuition" while the taxpayers in the zone itself make up the difference?

I tried to warn you.  If you engage these guys they will drive you nuts.  There won't be a one of them tip their hats to NCS if we happen to win it all.  And if my son happens to play at an SEC school or heaven-forbid in the NFL, it will be because he had the advantage of going to a private HS and beating these lowly public schools - LOL.  You'll have to learn to ignore the trolls.  However, it takes some effort and reading posts to learn who is on here to yank chains and who is on here to talk football.

Edited by NCSdad1962

County schools have nothing to offer.

Not true at all.  The folks I grew up with (in Ohio) and the folks I've met going to these rural towns where we play are some of the nicest I've ever met.  When we went to Huntingdon and got our clocks cleaned last year the people I talked to around the stadium were awesome.  Your quote should have said, "City schools have nothing to offer."  That's exactly why my son is at NCS.  If he wasn't at NCS, he would be at one of the most crime-riddled schools in the heart of Nashville.  It's a no-brainer.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I tried to warn you. If you engage these guys they will drive you nuts. There won't be a one of them tip their hats to NCS if we happen to win it all. And if my son happens to play at an SEC school or heaven-forbid in the NFL, it will be because he had the advantage of going to a private HS and beating these lowly public schools - LOL. You'll have to learn to ignore the trolls. However, it takes some effort and reading posts to learn who is on here to yank chains and who is on here to talk football.

Yeah for lowly public schools. No silver spoons required.

Not true at all.  The folks I grew up with (in Ohio) and the folks I've met going to these rural towns where we play are some of the nicest I've ever met.  When we went to Huntingdon and got our clocks cleaned last year the people I talked to around the stadium were awesome.  Your quote should have said, "City schools have nothing to offer."  That's exactly why my son is at NCS.

You know..... I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I am going to give my two cents worth any way.  NCS has been on the come up for a few years now.  You guys have taken your lumps and are reaping the rewards now.  You mentioned Huntingdon.  When you guys played them last year..... no body from Huntingdon whined about how you guys are private schools and it was unfair to have to play them.  They just lined up and took care of business.  Thats have the top notch programs do things.  They don't mind playing public or private schools.... they just line up and bust heads with the guy in front of them!!!  Milan played CPA the last couple of years in the playoffs.  We didn't complain we just went and beat them.  We played CAK in the championship the last two year and got our clocks cleaned...... but we didn't complain.  You line up and do your talkin'.  If they other team is better... shake their hand and do what you got to do to get better!!!!

Not true at all.  The folks I grew up with (in Ohio) and the folks I've met going to these rural towns where we play are some of the nicest I've ever met.  When we went to Huntingdon and got our clocks cleaned last year the people I talked to around the stadium were awesome.  Your quote should have said, "City schools have nothing to offer."  That's exactly why my son is at NCS.

Move out of the city if you don't like the city schools! Come join us good o'l country folks! I didn't think so, I bet you like it in the city just fine!

Move out of the city if you don't like the city schools! Come join us good o'l country folks! I didn't think so, I bet you like it in the city just fine!

You shouldn't jump to conclusions.  I grew up in farm country Ohio.  My dad's family farmed for years in Indiana (still do).  My degree is in Math/IT and I work for the largest healthcare company in the US.  If I could do my job in a small town in TN like Cedar Hill and my son attended Jo Byrns, I would be happy, happy, happy.

You know..... I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I am going to give my two cents worth any way.  NCS has been on the come up for a few years now.  You guys have taken your lumps and are reaping the rewards now.  You mentioned Huntingdon.  When you guys played them last year..... no body from Huntingdon whined about how you guys are private schools and it was unfair to have to play them.  They just lined up and took care of business.  Thats have the top notch programs do things.  They don't mind playing public or private schools.... they just line up and bust heads with the guy in front of them!!!  Milan played CPA the last couple of years in the playoffs.  We didn't complain we just went and beat them.  We played CAK in the championship the last two year and got our clocks cleaned...... but we didn't complain.  You line up and do your talkin'.  If they other team is better... shake their hand and do what you got to do to get better!!!!

I for the most part agree with this post, they are kids just like any other, but every once in a while you will have a team take advantage of the rules that these "LOWLY" public schools try to abide by and we just dislike that so much that we probaly take it out on all private schools! These  "UPITY" schools " if that is a word" just rubs  us  " LOWLY REDNECKS" the wrong way! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate your two cents because you are one of the guys I respect on here.  I know darn well that if we go as deep in the playoffs as we did last year, we are going to see SP, Greenback, Dresden, UC, or Humboldt, etc. and will truly find out if we are top ten worthy or not.

Not true at all. The folks I grew up with (in Ohio) and the folks I've met going to these rural towns where we play are some of the nicest I've ever met. When we went to Huntingdon and got our clocks cleaned last year the people I talked to around the stadium were awesome. Your quote should have said, "City schools have nothing to offer." That's exactly why my son is at NCS. If he wasn't at NCS, he would be at one of the most crime-riddled schools in the heart of Nashville. It's a no-brainer.

Im not saying they ain't good people at these county school towns, they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I'm saying they don't have nothing to offer as far as private school tuition cuts or whatever it is they can offer. Don't get me wrong, I don't have nothing against private schools or the people associated with them, I just think they should all be in the playoffs by themselves although they ain't had much success at little ole WC the last ten years or so.