Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

ridgeway is 10x the team that melrose is...

i am surprised that HC won to a degree...i think ridgeways coach is their achilles heel...Counce was most likely the difference in this game..

ridgeways coach is too high on himself...its cost them before and it will cost them again

What will cost them is not punting the football..which may very well be a reflection of the issue you are concerned with. Although puzzled by your surprise of the outcome..we Henry Countians have always viewed Ridgeway as one the best coached/ disciplined teams!

ridgeway is 10x the team that melrose is...

i am surprised that HC won to a degree...i think ridgeways coach is their achilles heel...Counce was most likely the difference in this game..

ridgeways coach is too high on himself...its cost them before and it will cost them again

What will cost them is not punting the football..which may very well be a reflection of the issue you are concerned with. Although puzzled by your surprise of the outcome..we Henry Countians have always viewed Ridgeway as one the best coached/ disciplined teams!

liberty played ridgeway in memphis the week before the jamborees...they were the most impressive team i had seen offensively until we ran into Brentwood Academy

we could stop their run no problem...but their WR...#15 i believe torched us...

on a 10 play series...he scored 3 times and dropped a 4th TD in the endzone

we had no one that could cover him or keep their QB from putting the throw where it needed to be...we could drive the length of the field over 10 plays but i doubt we were getting 1st downs every 3rd play

once again...they could not run the ball on us...i definitely feel like they had the size and maybe even speed advantage over HC when i think about the 2 teams...

what i remember most was their coach walking off the field during the scrimmage and yelling at the melrose coaches while they were playing Kipp...dont know if it was just him razzing them or something more to heart...

he cost them the game against jackson NS last year in the playoffs...

yes...i am definitely surprised that HC pulled off the W...congrats...but if u saw what i saw in memphis u would understand...ridgeway was the most explosive team i had seen in a long long time...they threw it all over the place at will...and nothing hit the ground

and then there was Brentwood Academy...and then they go and lose 2 in a row...crazy lol

once again congrats on the win...keep it up...just gives us more confidence

liberty played ridgeway in memphis the week before the jamborees...they were the most impressive team i had seen offensively until we ran into Brentwood Academy

we could stop their run no problem...but their WR...#15 i believe torched us...

on a 10 play series...he scored 3 times and dropped a 4th TD in the endzone

we had no one that could cover him or keep their QB from putting the throw where it needed to be...we could drive the length of the field over 10 plays but i doubt we were getting 1st downs every 3rd play

once again...they could not run the ball on us...i definitely feel like they had the size and maybe even speed advantage over HC when i think about the 2 teams...

what i remember most was their coach walking off the field during the scrimmage and yelling at the melrose coaches while they were playing Kipp...dont know if it was just him razzing them or something more to heart...

he cost them the game against jackson NS last year in the playoffs...

yes...i am definitely surprised that HC pulled off the W...congrats...but if u saw what i saw in memphis u would understand...ridgeway was the most explosive team i had seen in a long long time...they threw it all over the place at will...and nothing hit the ground

and then there was Brentwood Academy...and then they go and lose 2 in a row...crazy lol

once again congrats on the win...keep it up...just gives us more confidence

Henry County won this game because they were the more complete and balanced team. They brought more to the table in terms of all 3 phases of the game doing their part and making plays. Ridgeway has good size and is extremely athletic, but they struggled running the ball and they really need to find a kicking game. Their passing attack is very good, but they were too one-dimensional last night. 

Surprises:

1 How big Ridgeway's offensive line was

2 That they threw it all over the field as advertised

3 How good their defense was

4 That they got tired in the second quarter rather than the third

Not surprised that:

1 Henry County adjusted and completely controlled all aspects of the game after the half

2 Henry County made the ground attack a wasted effort

3 The air attack was of limited benefit overall for Ridgeway

4 We scored another FG over 40 yards

Observations:

1 Best officiating so far this year

2 Ridgeway is dangerous might score 100 against an average secondary

3 Our boys ain't scared of nothing and don't quit

4 We looked as fresh with 3 minutes left as we did 3 minutes in

Final comments:

1 Our secondary grew up a lot last night

2 Godbott!

3 Not sure we were on everyone's radar yesterday, but we are today

4 Someone needs to tell Ridgeway about Coach T. I nominate our friends from Whitehaven

Surprises:

1 How big Ridgeway's offensive line was

2 That they threw it all over the field as advertised

3 How good their defense was

4 That they got tired in the second quarter rather than the third

Not surprised that:

1 Henry County adjusted and completely controlled all aspects of the game after the half

2 Henry County made the ground attack a wasted effort

3 The air attack was of limited benefit overall for Ridgeway

4 We scored another FG over 40 yards

Observations:

1 Best officiating so far this year

2 Ridgeway is dangerous might score 100 against an average secondary

3 Our boys ain't scared of nothing and don't quit

4 We looked as fresh with 3 minutes left as we did 3 minutes in

Final comments:

1 Our secondary grew up a lot last night

2 Godbott!

3 Not sure we were on everyone's radar yesterday, but we are today

4 Someone needs to tell Ridgeway about Coach T. I nominate our friends from Whitehaven

Godbott! x 2

Coach Counce knew what he was doing on that last scoring drive b/4 the half, running the ball so much. Some fans up next to me kept complaining that they were running so much on that drive. He knew that they were getting tired and they had not been in poisition to run the ball very much in the 1st half due to the flow of the game. Not to mention he was also setting other things up as well, that quick play-action pass to the TE was huge on that drive. In my mind that decision (to run the ball) was the turning point of the game.....

I was quite impressed w/ the passing scheme RW displayed, not quite at George Quarles level but good none the less. They had recievers running all over the field and the coaches were using their speed very well. That was very tough to defend I am sure. It started to break down when the big boys upfront started putting their hands on the hips and sucking wind. The protection just was not the same after that.....

HC, what can you say, depth, depth depth; that will give them an advantage over anyone they play. They are not quite as dominate as the HC that won it all in 2011, but I believe they could potentially be a better over-all team b/c of the QB and his ability to throw the ball. This makes them a little more balanced then the 2011 team. I am not saying the QB is a better player than Naji Rea (spelling?) but he is a better passer and his skillset gives them more balance. They have a very good chance to win state again this year, we will see.....

Coach Counce knew what he was doing on that last scoring drive b/4 the half, running the ball so much. Some fans up next to me kept complaining that they were running so much on that drive. He knew that they were getting tired and they had not been in poisition to run the ball very much in the 1st half due to the flow of the game. Not to mention he was also setting other things up as well, that quick play-action pass to the TE was huge on that drive. In my mind that decision (to run the ball) was the turning point of the game.....

I was quite impressed w/ the passing scheme RW displayed, not quite at George Quarles level but good none the less. They had recievers running all over the field and the coaches were using their speed very well. That was very tough to defend I am sure. It started to break down when the big boys upfront started putting their hands on the hips and sucking wind. The protection just was not the same after that.....

HC, what can you say, depth, depth depth; that will give them an advantage over anyone they play. They are not quite as dominate as the HC that won it all in 2011, but I believe they could potentially be a better over-all team b/c of the QB and his ability to throw the ball. This makes them a little more balanced then the 2011 team. I am not saying the QB is a better player than Naji Rea (spelling?) but he is a better passer and his skillset gives them more balance. They have a very good chance to win state again this year, we will see.....

Exactly. I love the balance on offense with our best quality being running for sure. The threat of pass plus a 6'3/6'4 Wr with hands and basketball skill set is dangerous at the high school level. Also I like the TE play. I think the biggest problem I could think for now was taken care of last night as well. Which was.... could HCs back end and linebackers hold up against a passing attack. They answered that call. I really like this team the rest of the way. And yes I think we clean up the rest of district 10AAA with no problem. Which we should... and should ever year finish 1st or 2nd in a sub par football district. Just my opinion. I think the coaching staff can fine tune some of the mistakes if any through out the rest of the season and with a start like this 2011s team could have some company. Let's finish. Great job everyone involved in the football program. 

Edited by Patriot4

Agreed with much of this. Offense has done a good job of mixing things up and keeping defenses honest. And my favorite thing about the depth is that it's a dual-positive. Not only is it keeping us fresh during games this year, it's also giving many underclassmen a lot of experience. That will pay off in the coming years.

I'll hold off on any state title predictions. Still a lot of football to be played, but from what I've seen after watching this team through the preseason and the first 4 games, this is one of the most well-rounded teams HC has ever fielded. Maybe not the most physically dominant, but it just brings so much to the table.