Grundy County Football

curtislowe

I will tell you how I feel. I think this has blown up way out of proportion. The kid was not hurt and it was not intentional. It was a heat of the moment thing. Period. Here is the deal. There are a few a very few that want the coaches head because they are not happy that their kid don't get enough playing time. That's the real heart of the matter. In my opinion this can just hit the wrong kid. Now the witch hunt has begun. We might even have another coach next year. If we do I hope and pray we can get the rules changed so we can play 22 on the field at once so that every kid gets to play. If not we will be going through this again. Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. Now what else do you want to ask?

I had dinner with a very famous and successful high school coach down in south Georgia a few years back. I asked him what was the main thing he had learned in all of his years of coaching and he said "give me a team full of orphans and I will give you a state championship every year".

Has anyone thought about the kid's feelings? Let me ask this, did a coach go to the player and ask if he was alright?  Did the head coach apologize to the player that night? Did the head coach talk to the parents to inform them what had happened?

Grundy Pride do you hear yourself, "it's about playing time", and you also say "the player played the second half". So please help me to understand "the real heart of the matter", I'm confused! The kid was not hurt and it was not intentional, so a person driving while intoxicated hits my car with me in it at the local grocery store parking lot.  So the police officer comes and since he did not hit me intentionally and I'm not hurt. Does the driver go to jail for driving while intoxicated or does he go free? Grundy Pride, if the head coach would have used your words "I do apologize for that" the player might have said that's OK COACH!

Now what else do you want to ask? I would like to ask everyone to stop and think for one moment, how is this affecting this player and the rest of the team? Remember that no one is BIGGER than the PROGRAM, not even the head coach! I ask that we think about all the players,parents, and coaches in this tough time.

Ol' Delmar's done been incarcerated again and while I wuz behind them bars I done gone and forgot my passyword for this her chattin' room. Praise be I finally found it. I's been hankering to leap into this convosation for a whiles now. I told Pearl Lee here while back that them Bryant boys was working them boys to dadgum hard. When I saw that Bryant boy had them boys hitched up behind them plows and plowing them fields this sprang I knowd they'd be troubles coming his way. Kids nowadays is way to soft for hard work like that. Them parents are to soft just like them boys and they can't handle tough coaching. Back in Delmar's day we had a real mean coach. I told cousin Cleatus that our coach would be loud to coach these soft fellers that play today. These here parents would be a suing ever one in the whole state. I's remember my junior year we wuz playing them boys down there in Winchester. Speaking of Winchester there jail is the worse I ever saw. They'd beds are not comfortable and the food ain't fit for feedin' horses. But I digress. At halftime we wuz get tin' our rears kicked clean up around our ears. Coach wuz spittin' mad. In the locker room they wuz one of them there portable blackbords that has them wheels on it. Only you old fellers will know what I'm talking about, anyhow's coach slung that bord out of his way and it fell over on three of our best players. Our starting quarterback got cut over his eye and it took 15 stitches to sow him up. One of the players dads wuz a vetrinarian and he came in the locker room after coach left to do the sowing. By the time we got the ball back in the third quarter our quarterback wuz already back on the field and finished the game. You know what his parents said? Nothing. Because he wasn't soft and neither wuz they. From what Cousin Cleatus tells me this kid that got hit didn't even get scratched. Should that Bryant boy have kicked that can? Most likely not but it probably seemed like a good idear at the time. Should he be fired cause if it? Nope. These Bryant boys is doin' good work with these here younguns and theys trying to make them not so soft. This here episode sounds like it wuz a accident that hurt the pride if some soft fellers. Like Miss Nunley always told us in grammar school, when things get hard, churn more butter. Don't rightly know how that applies here. Matter of fact. We's never figured out what the he k she meant by that. Anyhow. I'm done ventilating now. Come on in boys the waters fine.

Has anyone thought about the kid's feelings? Let me ask this, did a coach go to the player and ask if he was alright?  Did the head coach apologize to the player that night? Did the head coach talk to the parents to inform them what had happened?

Grundy Pride do you hear yourself, "it's about playing time", and you also say "the player played the second half". So please help me to understand "the real heart of the matter", I'm confused! The kid was not hurt and it was not intentional, so a person driving while intoxicated hits my car with me in it at the local grocery store parking lot.  So the police officer comes and since he did not hit me intentionally and I'm not hurt. Does the driver go to jail for driving while intoxicated or does he go free? Grundy Pride, if the head coach would have used your words "I do apologize for that" the player might have said that's OK COACH!

Now what else do you want to ask? I would like to ask everyone to stop and think for one moment, how is this affecting this player and the rest of the team? Remember that no one is BIGGER than the PROGRAM, not even the head coach! I ask that we think about all the players,parents, and coaches in this tough time.

I very much agree with you on this last statement you made. We all need to think about what this is doing to the players, the families, coaches, and everyone involved. That is why I have calmed down on posting the first thing that pops in my head during all this.