Greenback travels to Oneida

orngnblk

crow has anyone ever came into Oneida and won from that far behind?If this Greenback team stays healthy and never,ever,ever,ever plays like they did in that first quarter this could be a special team.The leadership on this team is great,last week Anderson sprained ankle in first quarter didnt carry the ball after that and we still won that game,this wk he gets 200yrds rushing on the same hurt ankle but Greenbacks it out(i made that up)and we are fortunate to win again,says alot about his character and this teams character they just pick each other up.Ambassador ask if this team is better than last yr and i was kind of in reserve till after this game,i have to say yes they are!The coaching staff is better also.Way to WIN THE DAY cherokees.I love it when you can put a ballgame on the shoulders of your offensive line and play good ole SMASHMOUTH football and bring home the win.I LOVE THIS GAME!!!On a side note please reme,ber our center got a nasty concussion last night,didnt know where he was for a while.thx.

I don't recall anyone coming back from 21 down in my memory & I've been involved with virtually every game, home and away since 2005. Heck not many, if any, have came out of The Reservation with a win when we put up 38 points either. As far as your chances of having a very special year if you don't play like you did in the first quarter, I see it a little different. I think you have a very good chance of a special year, but I don't see how GB played in the 1st quarter as being your problem, I saw it as how Oneida played early as your problem. Only 1 turnover was unforced, the other fumble was jarred loose by a pretty significant hit and the pick was a thing of beauty. The WR was definitely open the safety just closed and made a great play. The 2 TD's to pull within 3 then the go ahead were complete breakdowns in the secondary. Those are the kind of ebb and flows a team must endure and overcome in a game like that and GB did that very well. They absorbed the ebbs and went with the flows. The key to the GB victory, as I stated earlier was definitely the line play. I'm not taking anything away from the skill guys, they are a very talented bunch. 15 should be checked for tack um, that kid has great hands, 1 is a quick and down hill kind of runner, 23 quick as a hiccup, 7 manages the offense and distributes the ball well, several others that their numbers escape my groggy mind at the moment. But with all that said, with the exception of the glaring breakdown in the secondary on a couple of plays I believe Oneida was very effective limiting the passing game. I believe GB had 165ish passing but near 120 of that was on 2 plays. Again, props to GB on making us pay on the breakdowns. The only real issue we couldn't really stop was the run game. Granted 1 had a lot to do with that but if not for that line winning the battle consistently all night he would have had no holes to hit. The match up was a very good one all over the field, GB's line as you said, told the team to hop on and ride. They set the outcome of this one. Very nice job indeed. Had it not been for their ability to sustain drives with the run and we get the ball back down by 4 who knows what woulda happened, again credit to the line for giving the ability to sustain with the run, keep the clock going, and get a very nice win. As I said earlier, I was pulling against y'all as hard as I could, but before this week and from here on out I'm a Cherokee fan. Go getcha some gold boys! :thumb:

Edited by crow

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall anyone coming back from 21 down in my memory & I've been involved with virtually every game, home and away since 2005. Heck not many, if any, have came out of The Reservation with a win when we put up 38 points either. As far as your chances of having a very special year if you don't play like you did in the first quarter, I see it a little different. I think you have a very good chance of a special year, but I don't see how GB played in the 1st quarter as being your problem, I saw it as how Oneida played early as your problem. Only 1 turnover was unforced, the other fumble was jarred loose by a pretty significant hit and the pick was a thing of beauty. The WR was definitely open the safety just closed and made a great play. The 2 TD's to pull within 3 then the go ahead were complete breakdowns in the secondary. Those are the kind of ebb and flows a team must endure and overcome in a game like that and GB did that very well. They absorbed the ebbs and went with the flows. The key to the GB victory, as I stated earlier was definitely the line play. I'm not taking anything away from the skill guys, they are a very talented bunch. 15 should be checked for tack um, that kid has great hands, 1 is a quick and down hill kind of runner, 23 quick as a hiccup, 7 manages the offense and distributes the ball well, several others that their numbers escape my groggy mind at the moment. But with all that said, with the exception of the glaring breakdown in the secondary on a couple of plays I believe Oneida was very effective limiting the passing game. I believe GB had 165ish passing but near 120 of that was on 2 plays. Again, props to GB on making us pay on the breakdowns. The only real issue we couldn't really stop was the run game. Granted 1 had a lot to do with that but if not for that line winning the battle consistently all night he would have had no holes to hit. The match up was a very good one all over the field, GB's line as you said, told the team to hop on and ride. They set the outcome of this one. Very nice job indeed. Had it not been for their ability to sustain drives with the run and we get the ball back down by 4 who knows what woulda happened, again credit to the line for giving the ability to sustain with the run, keep the clock going, and get a very nice win. As I said earlier, I was pulling against y'all as hard as I could, but before this week and from here on out I'm a Cherokee fan. Go getcha some gold boys! :thumb:

Very accurate description Crow. The biggest play of the night might have come right before halftime,when Greenback converted on a 3rd and 23 and then went on to score. A punt there and the game might have been over.

Very accurate description Crow. The biggest play of the night might have come right before halftime,when Greenback converted on a 3rd and 23 and then went on to score. A punt there and the game might have been over.

Yep, and them holding us to a FG late on their 12 to go up 10 instead of 14 if we coulda got in. Their 3rd down conversion before half and our failed 3rd down in the second were big. If those 2 plays go our way instead of theirs probably a different outcome. Again, props to Greenback, we didn't give 'em those 2, they took 'em.

Awesome game last night by both teams!! I had a few problems with the live stream cutting out but hitting the refresh button seemed to take care of it for a little while.

Here are my thoughts and observations from last night:

-Great 1st Half of football, even when Greenback was down 35-14 I still thought they had a shot of coming back.

-Great 2nd Half of football, pads were popping and it was even better to see both teams respecting each other.

- Greenbacks team showed true heart last night. Sticking to the gameplan and not waivering from that plan. Although I bet if you ask some of those boys they would have to say they might have had a little doubt that maybe it just wasnt their night.

- Oneidas youth showed last night. Nothing negative at all about that because that is what they are. They are playing above and beyond what everyones expectations were this year. If they can add a couple of more athletes to this class in the couple of years WOW they are going to be tough for everyone.

- I will say this about Oneidas HC, he is an intense coach. I LOVE it, I was ready to get the pads strapped back up and drive down and play! Might have to move me from LB to DL now coach put on a few pounds since the playing days!! HAHA

- Both teams should feel great after last night. Greenback is rolling right now after beating Coalfield and Oneida. Oneida played to the wire with a very talented Greenback team and nearly pulled it off. The same Greenback team who the week before took it to Oneidas biggest district rival.

- In my unbiased opinion and watching on the net, the Greenback receiver did push off of the Oneida defender on the game winning TD catch. But guess what? That is why you throw that ball to your sideline. After slipping the ref a couple of $20's you will get away with that push.....only kidding!

- Both teams get a week off to rest up, heal any injuries and then for the final push to the playoffs!! Does not get any better than this gentleman!!

Yep, and them holding us to a FG late on their 12 to go up 10 instead of 14 if we coulda got in. Their 3rd down conversion before half and our failed 3rd down in the second were big. If those 2 plays go our way instead of theirs probably a different outcome. Again, props to Greenback, we didn't give 'em those 2, they took 'em.

In a close game ,you can always look back on two or three plays . Thats what makes the close one's hurt more. I'm just glad I  got to watch half of it,  It worked out pretty good anyway, Got to watch My CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSSS

In a close game ,you can always look back on two or three plays . Thats what makes the close one's hurt more. I'm just glad I  got to watch half of it,  It worked out pretty good anyway, Got to watch My CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I was just talking to my boss a couple days ago and one Mr. Eric Berry came up. I said I'm glad he is finally having some success at the Chiefs. They seem to be rolling pretty good right now, never know Pujo, you may have to get some new KC gear if they keep this up!

I wish you could have saw the second half, there are a few plays I'd like to hear your opinion on, but it was a good one as well. After combining for 63 points in the 1st half both sides made some adjustments and combined for 17 in the second. That was more what I expected for the whole game. A couple scores here and there but not the shoot out we saw. I can't remember when the last time was The Reservation saw 80 points in a single game. Cloudland in '08 maybe, GB '08 saw 71. Most of the time points don't show up like that here, I blame Mark Packard and Austin Price :roflolk::roflol::roflolk:

I was just talking to my boss a couple days ago and one Mr. Eric Berry came up. I said I'm glad he is finally having some success at the Chiefs. They seem to be rolling pretty good right now, never know Pujo, you may have to get some new KC gear if they keep this up!

I wish you could have saw the second half, there are a few plays I'd like to hear your opinion on, but it was a good one as well. After combining for 63 points in the 1st half both sides made some adjustments and combined for 17 in the second. That was more what I expected for the whole game. A couple scores here and there but not the shoot out we saw. I can't remember when the last time was The Reservation saw 80 points in a single game. Cloudland in '08 maybe, GB '08 saw 71. Most of the time points don't show up like that here, I blame Mark Packard and Austin Price :roflolk::roflol::roflolk:

I've got plenty of the Chiefs gear Crow,Not expecting a Super Bowl, but at least they've improved.

Wish I could have saw the 2ond half also, I'm like you, thats more of what I expected. Ithink you fellers will rebound in a hurry. Still got alot of football to play.