Greenback travels to Oneida

orngnblk

It sounds like Greenback is the odds on favorite to represent the east. Just how many turnovers did they have tonight. I've heard Oneida is young. I bet they will be really good in the next few years.

Like OnB said, 1 pick & 2 fumbles (1 forced 1 not). Oneida did throw a pick as well but I don't remember losing any fumbles but if I'm wrong someone can correct me. We are a young team but 5 games in you can't put as much on the inexperienced wagon. These boys are gaining experience rapidly. It was a great atmosphere & other than being on the wrong side of the scoreboard you couldn't really ask for any better high school football atmosphere. This one felt like a warm weather playoff game! As for the question about Oneida being young, we do start 4 or 5 seniors in the 22 spots, there are several juniors but probably as many freshman & sophomores as anything. This bunch plays with a ton of heart & tremendous effort. We just gotta shore up some mistakes. The effort is there, just gotta make sure it's going to the right spot every play. It's not the end of the world by any stretch losing to this GB team but that don't make me like it any better. If anyone had told me the first half would see a combined 63 points I would've called 'em crazy. I didn't think either would score on the other the way they both did. At least the folks that watched got a show! Best of luck to the 'Kees the rest of the way, I'm back to pullin' for y'all again since this one is in the books. I hope ya go get ya some gold.

Edited by crow

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched an unbelievable first half of football. One huge play right after another. It was like 2 heavy weight boxers trading punches. The pads were a poppin like a big bag of Orville Redenbacher....then the live video stream kept crashing...missed the entire 2nd half.

It was a playoff type game and atmosphere in mid September.

Congrats to both teams...wished I had been there...I missed a great one.

So here's a link for those of us that can only read about it...

http://www.thedailytimes.com/Sports_News/story/Greenback-Cherokees-survive-thriller-in-Oneida-id-040980

This was a great game. I hate somebody had to lose. It was an instant classic.

I'm glad they chose this one for the Rivalry Thursday game. I know a lot of folks were asking why they would pick these two little backwoods schools for a televised game. I'm very glad they got to see for themselves why we were picked. Imagine how many more folks got to witness what a true small town, rivalry game is all about that would probably never even considered watching a game like this before. Don't get me wrong, the big schools have some very good teams and some great rivalries of their own but it's hard to beat a match up that's 30+ years strong between schools of 250 - 300 kids total in a town of 3,500 and 2,500 of them are at the game. To me that's what high school football is really about! I'm glad I got to be a part of that one, like you said, instant classic.

By the way, OnB, I'm holding you directly responsible for our loss last night. This was the 1st game this season that I wasn't able to start the topic on (dang wifi on the bus back from Watertown wasn't working last week). I hope you're happy with yourself ;):D:thumb:

Not superstitious(or am i)Hmmm!!I knew you would get it so i had to hustle!High School rivalries called the best game ever..I still wanted a 21pt win,but i'll take a win at Oneida anytime.TL had some great things to say about GB before the game,he is a good one.

I watched an unbelievable first half of football. One huge play right after another. It was like 2 heavy weight boxers trading punches. The pads were a poppin like a big bag of Orville Redenbacher....then the live video stream kept crashing...missed the entire 2nd half.

It was a playoff type game and atmosphere in mid September.

Congrats to both teams...wished I had been there...I missed a great one.

So here's a link for those of us that can only read about it...

http://www.thedailytimes.com/Sports_News/story/Greenback-Cherokees-survive-thriller-in-Oneida-id-040980

Thx for linking that Southtowner.It was an exciting game.

crow has anyone ever came into Oneida and won from that far behind?If this Greenback team stays healthy and never,ever,ever,ever plays like they did in that first quarter this could be a special team.The leadership on this team is great,last week Anderson sprained ankle in first quarter didnt carry the ball after that and we still won that game,this wk he gets 200yrds rushing on the same hurt ankle but Greenbacks it out(i made that up)and we are fortunate to win again,says alot about his character and this teams character they just pick each other up.Ambassador ask if this team is better than last yr and i was kind of in reserve till after this game,i have to say yes they are!The coaching staff is better also.Way to WIN THE DAY cherokees.I love it when you can put a ballgame on the shoulders of your offensive line and play good ole SMASHMOUTH football and bring home the win.I LOVE THIS GAME!!!On a side note please reme,ber our center got a nasty concussion last night,didnt know where he was for a while.thx.

crow has anyone ever came into Oneida and won from that far behind?If this Greenback team stays healthy and never,ever,ever,ever plays like they did in that first quarter this could be a special team.The leadership on this team is great,last week Anderson sprained ankle in first quarter didnt carry the ball after that and we still won that game,this wk he gets 200yrds rushing on the same hurt ankle but Greenbacks it out(i made that up)and we are fortunate to win again,says alot about his character and this teams character they just pick each other up.Ambassador ask if this team is better than last yr and i was kind of in reserve till after this game,i have to say yes they are!The coaching staff is better also.Way to WIN THE DAY cherokees.I love it when you can put a ballgame on the shoulders of your offensive line and play good ole SMASHMOUTH football and bring home the win.I LOVE THIS GAME!!!On a side note please reme,ber our center got a nasty concussion last night,didnt know where he was for a while.thx.

Heck of a comeback ,but I saw it coming.You guys killed yourselves for a while but you were able to get a few stops.Oneida was no slouch but just didn't have the fire power. I'm like everyone else,missed the 2ond half, but it must have been just as exciting. I saw alot of good sportsmanship from both squads last night,two very CLASSEY teams and its a shame either had to lose. Its not a time to get big eyed but as you say WTD.

Heck of a comeback ,but I saw it coming.You guys killed yourselves for a while but you were able to get a few stops.Oneida was no slouch but just didn't have the fire power. I'm like everyone else,missed the 2ond half, but it must have been just as exciting. I saw alot of good sportsmanship from both squads last night,two very CLASSEY teams and its a shame either had to lose. Its not a time to get big eyed but as you say WTD.

Thanks pujo,good luck to you and yours!