Goodpasture vs Trousdale co.

Creekbank76

Excuse me I should have said Class A not 1A. There are only 3 Classes A, AA, and AAA for all sports except football playoffs then there are 6.

The schools are not AA regular season and 3A playoffs only because of the new policy of a multiplier only being able to move a team one playoff class. And since they remain Class A regular season in football they stay Class A in other sports.

All that crap that revcoach has posted is when Tennessee had a 5 class system...all of those numbers are wrong..

so all his testimony is stricken from the records!!

The whole problem is that TSSAA cannot read or interpret there own rules....There are 3 Football classes in TN , and the TSSAA acknowledges this,  A...AA...AAA, they are broken down into subclasses for playoffs ONLY and the TSSAA acknowledges this...

TSSAA rule DOES NOT state if multiplier moves a team 2 SUBCLASSES it must move down...it DOES however state if multiplier moves a team 2 CLASSES...

Read for Your self:  I highlighted and Italicized the key words...oh and rewrote the wrong.

How Classification Breakpoints will be set:

1. Separate schools into Division I and Division II
  2. Multiply Division I independent schools by 1.8
  1. Note: By TSSAA Board of Control Action, no school can be moved up more than one (1) class in any sport due to the multiplier.
  1. Remove any school that has no sports programs but only coops with other schools.
  2. Sort schools by enrollment and divide into Classes A, AA and AAA in Division I as well as Class A/AA in sports with only two classes. Each class will have the same number of schools.  For example, if there are 360 schools, then there will be 120 in each class.  
  3. Once Classes A, AA and AAA have been set the number of football playing schools in each class will be determined.  Once that is done, that number will be split so there will be the same number of football playing schools in each sub-class.  Example:  Suppose there were 80 football playing schools of the 120 (in example above) in Class A.  There would be 40 placed into Football Class 1A and 40 to Football Class 2A.  If there is an odd number of teams the higher number will be used in the lower class. (e.g. If there were 81 football schools in Class A, 41 would be in Football Class 1A and 40 in Football Class 2A).
  4. Note:  The enrollment breakpoint between Division I Class A and Class AA will be used to set the breakpoint between Division II A and Division II AA.
  5. All schools will have opportunity to move up in classification, however, this will not affect the breakpoints that were set earlier in the process.
  6. Division I and Division II Districts and Regions will be set as a recommendation to the Board of Control.

*June 2008 Board of Control Action created the current three class plan which places schools in the same districts for football, baseball, basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball.  June 2012 Board of Control action clarified that schools cannot move up more than one class in all sports.  There are four examples where the multiplier moves schools up 2 classes subclasses in football and 1 class in baseball, basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball.  This school may only be moved up 1 class subclass in football (Class 1A to Class 2A).  This also causes this school to be moved back to Class A in baseball, basketball, baseball, softball and volleyball so that they can remain in the same district for all sports per TSSAA Board of Control Action.

Wow! All Caps now. Sorry you are upset, but go to the link from the TSSAA web site is shows all the schools and there enrollment (with multiplier) and what class they are in beginning this year. If you are correct then why does the TSSAA site list these 3 schools as 1A?

Boyd Buchanan High School * 531 Class A Class 2A

Grace Christian Academy * 569 Class A Class 2A  

Goodpasture Christian School * 603 Class A Class 2A

This are not my rules they are the TSSAA rules. Please read the web page link information.

I love it when you nubes get on coacht and start speaking out of your behind and spouting out things that you believe to be facts when the rest of us on here know you have no clue what you are talking about.   :popcorneater:

All that crap that revcoach has posted is when Tennessee had a 5 class system...all of those numbers are wrong..

so all his testimony is stricken from the records!!

The whole problem is that TSSAA cannot read or interpret there own rules....There are 3 Football classes in TN , and the TSSAA acknowledges this,  A...AA...AAA, they are broken down into subclasses for playoffs ONLY and the TSSAA acknowledges this...

TSSAA rule DOES NOT state if multiplier moves a team 2 SUBCLASSES it must move down...it DOES however state if multiplier moves a team 2 CLASSES...

Read for Your self:  I highlighted and Italicized the key words...oh and rewrote the wrong.

How Classification Breakpoints will be set:

1. Separate schools into Division I and Division II
  2. Multiply Division I independent schools by 1.8
  1. Note: By TSSAA Board of Control Action, no school can be moved up more than one (1) class in any sport due to the multiplier.
  1. Remove any school that has no sports programs but only coops with other schools.
  2. Sort schools by enrollment and divide into Classes A, AA and AAA in Division I as well as Class A/AA in sports with only two classes. Each class will have the same number of schools.  For example, if there are 360 schools, then there will be 120 in each class.  
  3. Once Classes A, AA and AAA have been set the number of football playing schools in each class will be determined.  Once that is done, that number will be split so there will be the same number of football playing schools in each sub-class.  Example:  Suppose there were 80 football playing schools of the 120 (in example above) in Class A.  There would be 40 placed into Football Class 1A and 40 to Football Class 2A.  If there is an odd number of teams the higher number will be used in the lower class. (e.g. If there were 81 football schools in Class A, 41 would be in Football Class 1A and 40 in Football Class 2A).
  4. Note:  The enrollment breakpoint between Division I Class A and Class AA will be used to set the breakpoint between Division II A and Division II AA.
  5. All schools will have opportunity to move up in classification, however, this will not affect the breakpoints that were set earlier in the process.
  6. Division I and Division II Districts and Regions will be set as a recommendation to the Board of Control.

*June 2008 Board of Control Action created the current three class plan which places schools in the same districts for football, baseball, basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball.  June 2012 Board of Control action clarified that schools cannot move up more than one class in all sports.  There are four examples where the multiplier moves schools up 2 classes subclasses in football and 1 class in baseball, basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball.  This school may only be moved up 1 class subclass in football (Class 1A to Class 2A).  This also causes this school to be moved back to Class A in baseball, basketball, baseball, softball and volleyball so that they can remain in the same district for all sports per TSSAA Board of Control Action.

Sorry you feel all I have said is crap, but what you have in your post is the same thing I have been saying. It is not old information, it came directly from the TSSAA web site. Maybe I just did not state it clearly for everyone to understand.

I have over 15 years of TN HS coaching experience with both public and private schools. So I do not have a dog in the hunt, just wanted to ensure that everyone understood that all schools are in the classifications they are supposed to be in based on the current rules.

Edited by Revcoach

Come on fellows.....we'll just have to agree to disagree forever.  Everybody thinks they are right and they aren't likely to change their stance.  The mighty TSSAA has throw the system out there and correct or not it is what is in place.  TC wins this game.....I know just enough about these two to feel confident in my pick.  Good luck on game day!

Kazzy

Saw in the Tennessean that Trousdale is up to #2 in the state.  The Friendship beat-down didn't go unnoticed by the pollsters.  Looks like all of the score predictions in this thread are good predictions.  Wonder if Goodpasture should be scared and not play the game because they may lose?  Seems to work for another school.