Gallatin comes to the Creekbank..........

Grunt

As I am catching up on the post, it seems the majority stirring the pot are not from TC or Gallatin. You can compare scores, etc. It does not matter. It has being pushed as David vs. Goliath. Who wouldn't pull for the underdog, however, TC is not an underdog.

TC may not be elite as some say but are a very good football team with ability to compete for a title this year and have been elite most years. Truth is Gallatin has been above average for many years and elite prior to that. Gallatin had great talent to go the distance in 2009 and 2011 and fell short. Last year, of course, is not tolerated. 

This year, Gallatin was picked second to last in District 9AAA. Some say the team has overachieved thus far and the officials allow Gallatin to beat Hendersonville. Hendersonville made mistakes, Gallatin capitalized. Don't rely on officials to win or lose, rely on team. Gallatin is only a couple plays from being undefeated as well. The difference this year is attitude, perseverance, dedication and a lot of fight. Notice I did not mention talent.

This will be a tough game for both as both teams, schools, and communities respect one another.

PS. I would put Gallatin's best team ever against TCs.     

As I am catching up on the post, it seems the majority stirring the pot are not from TC or Gallatin. You can compare scores, etc. It does not matter. It has being pushed as David vs. Goliath. Who wouldn't pull for the underdog, however, TC is not an underdog.

TC may not be elite as some say but are a very good football team with ability to compete for a title this year and have been elite most years. Truth is Gallatin has been above average for many years and elite prior to that. Gallatin had great talent to go the distance in 2009 and 2011 and fell short. Last year, of course, is not tolerated. 

This year, Gallatin was picked second to last in District 9AAA. Some say the team has overachieved thus far and the officials allow Gallatin to beat Hendersonville. Hendersonville made mistakes, Gallatin capitalized. Don't rely on officials to win or lose, rely on team. Gallatin is only a couple plays from being undefeated as well. The difference this year is attitude, perseverance, dedication and a lot of fight. Notice I did not mention talent.

This will be a tough game for both as both teams, schools, and communities respect one another.

PS. I would put Gallatin's best team ever against TCs.     

I'd pay $10 for a ticket to see that... :popcorneater:

I think 15 on sonny Moore. Helping you guys fill your schedule doesn't help us any.

Well now Gallatin was 3-7 last year...I could definitely see why TC wanted to schedule them...and with the playoffs tiebreakers being wins by opponents, i could see why Gallatin would want to schedule TC...Gates will be good at both venues...games should be pretty competitive...its a win-win for both schools, .. :popcorneater:

Edited by MrFedex1

Well now Gallatin was 3-7 last year...I could definitely see why TC wanted to schedule them...and with the playoffs tiebreakers being wins by opponents, i could see why Gallatin would want to schedule TC...Gates will be good at both venues...games should be pretty competitive...its a win-win for both schools, .. :popcorneater:

Agree wholeheartedly!!

Interesting to see names like Harper, Burnley, and Claiborne as they are prominent in Gallatin as well. I am sure most are related. 

TCs lineup looks solid with much senior leadership and may juniors to boot. I think both teams match up well. 74 is a big boy and the rest of the line looks good. This game will be won at the line of scrimmage. Gallatin has a better passing attack with Carnes throwing 660 yards 45/72 in 4 games and will balance it well with the ground game, Debow 463 yards on 76 attempts and 13 TDs. TCs Claiborne can throw it and is very mobile. Harper has 510 yards on just 53 attempts and 11 TDs.   

Also, heard Don Porter will be in attendance. Former TC great at RB back in the day and long time Gallatin coach who recently retired. 

Just out of curiosity without me looking it up, what current 5A and 6A teams has TC beaten in the last 10 or so years. I can remember Signal Mt had a 4A enrollment but played in 2A.

TC has smoked a bunch of 5A and 6A teams in scrimmages and 7 on 7's throughout the last 20 years...but none of the in-state 5a-6a schools would even consider scheduling them for "real" ...They have played several big KY schools recently.

Kudos to Gallatin for accepting TC on their schedule.

Here we go just for conversation....TC schedule and enrollment #'s

TC

Macon      953.......391

Sycamore 767.......391

Watertown 397......391

Friedship  391.......391

Goodpast  603......391

Gallatin...1381......391

Dekalb    842.........391

Loretto   521........391

Gville.....322........391

RBS.......187.........391