Gerry Bertier's First Look at the 2013 3A Playoffs

Gerry Bertier

Halfway done with the 2013 season so it is time to start looking at playoff scenarios. I quickly put the first one together, so there may be some errors and I apologize. Starting next week, I will put in a little more time, so please be patient. If you have a question post it and we will figure it out. The main thing with this playoff system is the TSSAA doesn't do a good enough job of educating everyone on what goes on. So remember seeding is based on district winners, runner-ups, and wild-cards. The first bracket is always shaky just because there are so many district games to be played so it will change from week to week. Enjoy :popcorneater:  and don't be to hard on me with this first one.

Quad 1

1 Sullivan North

8 Johnson Co.

4 Cumberland Gap

5 Chuckey Doak

3 West Greene

6 Pigeon Forge

2 Gatlinburg Pittman

7 Happy Valley

Quad 2

1 Notre Dame

8 Chattnooga Christian

4 Alcoa

5 Sequatchie Co.

3 Upperman

6 Sweetwater

2 Polk Co.

7 CAK

Quad 3

1 East Nashville

8 White House Heritage

4 Westmoreland 

5 Cascade

3 Fairview

6 Harpeth

2 CPA

7 Lipscomb

Quad 4

1 Lewis Co.

8 Manassas

4 South Gibson

5 JCM

3 Camden

6 Hickman Co.

2 Westview

7 Stewart Co.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halfway done with the 2013 season so it is time to start looking at playoff scenarios. I quickly put the first one together, so there may be some errors and I apologize. Starting next week, I will put in a little more time, so please be patient. If you have a question post it and we will figure it out. The main thing with this playoff system is the TSSAA doesn't do a good enough job of educating everyone on what goes on. So remember seeding is based on district winners, runner-ups, and wild-cards. The first bracket is always shaky just because there are so many district games to be played so it will change from week to week. Enjoy :popcorneater: and don't be to hard on me with this first one.

Quad 1

1 Sullivan North

8 Johnson Co.

4 Cumberland Gap

5 Chuckey Doak

3 West Greene

6 Pigeon Forge

2 Gatlinburg Pittman

7 Happy Valley

Quad 2

1 Notre Dame

8 Chattnooga Christian

4 Alcoa

5 Sequatchie Co.

3 Upperman

6 Sweetwater

2 Polk Co.

7 CAK

Quad 3

1 East Nashville

8 White House Heritage

4 Westmoreland

5 Cascade

3 Fairview

6 Harpeth

2 CPA

7 Lipscomb

Quad 4

1 Lewis Co.

8 Manassas

4 South Gibson

5 JCM

3 Camden

6 Hickman Co.

2 Westview

7 Stewart Co.

So...im assuming these are if the playoffs started this week. At the moment fairview leads over lewis in the district mainly because they have more district wins at the moment. That being said is due to location then that fairview would have to take a number 3 spot in quad three while lewis would get a number one seed in quad 4 even if they are second behind fairview in the district? Makes no sense. Same happened last year. Hickman finished behind fairview in district but due to placement they got home field advantage and fairview didnt. Bogus!