Fayetteville @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Wildcat89, you're right. We started hot then had a disappointing loss to Moore Co. 8-7. We lost a couple of starters for three-four weeks at that game, which didn't help when we traveled to Wayne Co. and Page. We were taken to the woodshed against Eagleville and Friendship Christian, both excellent teams. We are very young, but I think Coach Palmer and staff will get them focused for Friday. I just hope to keep up with G'ville and steal a win. I don't think we'll get mercy ruled as Ambassador suggests, but we're talking about 16 and 17 year olds.

On the Forrest game, that was disappointing. We hung with them, and Forrest did not score offensively until the 4th quarter. We made too many mental errors, and gave Forrest the ball with great field position, but that's not to suggest Forrest couldn't score. They put it in the endzone. That being said, it was a tied game until halfway(?) through the fourth. Don't know if it was nerves or having some players back after a long absence that they weren't used to each other's play, or just plain bonehead mistakes (one of our boys caught a kickoff on the sidelines and went out of bounds, giving up about 20 yards in the process instead of getting a penalty on the kick). I selfishly thought we should have won, but that's why we're in the stands and the boys are on the field. It should be competitive b/w the two, but I'm not familiar with Gordonsville's play. I do expect good effort from our Fayetteville bunch, but they don't need to play in awe of G'ville and give them any breaks.

Spartacus fan?

One of the more athletic teams Forrest played all year. Not the best, but definitely the most athletic. I think they were without a few key players through the middle of their schedule.

This brings up another key factor for many playoff games, and could be a factor in this one. How healthy are these two teams? Anyone know?

This brings up another key factor for many playoff games, and could be a factor in this one. How healthy are these two teams? Anyone know?

Gordonsville has some people banged up and lost a starting LB against Trousdale and a backup WR/DB.

We had some injuries last week as well, hopefully they get healed before Friday.