Big Games in Memphis - Playoffs, Round 1

kwc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know where the Craigmont game is being played?   Please tell me it is not at Raleigh-Egypt.   My Kevlar vest is at the dry cleaners, my armored HumVee is in the shop, and I gave my bodyguards the weekend off.  All of this in preparation to take in a game at Da Haven soon.....

BTW BHS - thanks for not predicting MUS to win another "squeaker" this week....

OB you dont need all of that to enjoy a game at the Haven, but I would suggest you figure out where you left your pair b4 you leave your little bubble and reattach them. :roflol:

So am I. You know, it gets kind of hard to sit in the stands and listen to all of the griping and complaining about coaching. I know that Whitehaven has raised expectations amoung the fans and parents but every game isn't going to be a blow out. We haven't had to deal with this much attrition since I can remember. It's just gripe, gripe, gripe, gripe and complain, complian, complain, and more complaining.

It's a whole lot easier for folks to tear down. It's tremendously harder to build!

I think the fans have just become spoiled due to the execeptional run that last years class made, but I think coach is doing fine considering all that has happened this year. This cordova team is alot better than they look on paper but if we bring our A game I still feel there arent too many teams in the state that can beat us. The program is being built up, dont let the whiners get to you. Winning cures everything

I think the fans have just become spoiled due to the execeptional run that last years class made, but I think coach is doing fine considering all that has happened this year. This cordova team is alot better than they look on paper but if we bring our A game I still feel there arent too many teams in the state that can beat us. The program is being built up, dont let the whiners get to you. Winning cures everything

Havengrad04:

I hear you but it gets hard to stomach at times. Coach Saulsberry's teams have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs, or better, consistently since 2007. You can go through the archives and annules of coaches at Whitehaven and NEVER find that kind of CONSISTENT excellence with any coach preceeding him going back to even before coach Collins. I don't think we've had a coach to ever win a 2nd round game before coach Saulsberry did it. If they did ... they NEVER repeated the process. EVER!

We have one of the best coaches in high school football in the state of Tennessee. His record is undeniable. Yet ... it's gripe, gripe, gripe .... complain, complain, complain. Finger point, finger point, finger point.

I'm convinced that most of the fans that do this don't have a clue as to the gem in which we have in Coach Saulsberry. Even to so called "knowledgable" fan. I'm getting a little tired of having to estoll the virtues of our coach each and every Friday to folks who can't do nothing but focus on the negaitve, or what they percieve to be negative.

The coaches and the players need positive reinforcement ... not constant criticism.

I vow to never be one who is going to constantly criticize ... it's just way to easy to do. I'm going to build up and accentuate the positive. Our coaches and players need that. Encouragement ... not criticism is what I'm going to bring to the table. We have enough nay sayers to go around, somebody has to be a beacon of shining light.

Win or lose.

Havengrad04:

I hear you but it gets hard to stomach at times. Coach Saulsberry's teams have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs, or better, consistently since 2007. You can go through the archives and annules of coaches at Whitehaven and NEVER find that kind of CONSISTENT excellence with any coach preceeding him going back to even before coach Collins. I don't think we've had a coach to ever win a 2nd round game before coach Saulsberry did it. If they did ... they NEVER repeated the process. EVER!

We have one of the best coaches in high school football in the state of Tennessee. His record is undeniable. Yet ... it's gripe, gripe, gripe .... complain, complain, complain. Finger point, finger point, finger point.

I'm convinced that most of the fans that do this don't have a clue as to the gem in which we have in Coach Saulsberry. Even to so called "knowledgable" fan. I'm getting a little tired of having to estoll the virtues of our coach each and every Friday to folks who can't do nothing but focus on the negaitve, or what they percieve to be negative.

The coaches and the players need positive reinforcement ... not constant criticism.

I vow to never be one who is going to constantly criticize ... it's just way to easy to do. I'm going to build up and accentuate the positive. Our coaches and players need that. Encouragement ... not criticism is what I'm going to bring to the table. We have enough nay sayers to go around, somebody has to be a beacon of shining light.

Win or lose.

Dr. Hunter took the 2000-01 team to the Quarterfinals... My Junior year where we lost to guess who... CORDOVA... They had an NFL player on their team Michael Coe, but anyway we should of beat them but that's before We jumped the Mental Hurdle...

Whitehaven is doing what Coach Stan Collins laid the foundation for us to do... ALL the years that I've known about  Whitehaven Football it was either Whitehaven Underachieved OR We/They Got "Cheated" and Throw in a bit of "they need better coaching". INSANE but we weren't going where WE WANTED so maybe it was the case... The fan base, that I'm all the way a part of now, DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT PLACE!!! Losing to anyone WEST of the TENN RIVER in the Playoffs has to be looked at as failure... It is what it is. This is the Pressure and the Spot that we wanted All those years when it was Melrose this and Memphis East That (I won't mention the Suburb boys... ok yeah I will, CBHS, MUS, and Germantown <_< ). We Wanted to to be known as the Best in the City AND State. We did the following things to start getting that love an RESPECT" 

We Slayed the G-Town dragon (them creating Southwind didn't hurt either honestly lol)

We Slayed that Mental Hurdle of the "3rd Rd. Curse"

We are Back to consistently BEATING White Station and Melrose (like we should) 

I love Coach Saulsberry to death and Will Defend him until I can't talk OR Type anymore but the reason there's so much "complaining and griping" is because There are certain people in those stands that can remember all too well the Constant Playoff loses to G-Town or the One and Done playoff appearances for NO OTHER REASON but EGOS (players' and COACHES')... We weren't losing  because the other team was Better Coached and No other Team has ever HAD THAT MUCH MORE On field TALENT than us with maybe the exception being G-Town back when they won State in the Mid 2000s, but I'm not even sure about that. Regardless the pain from being"cheated" by the stripes and/or Underachieving on the Field cannot and will not be acceptable ever again!!! Put Pride and Ego to the side and Be What Whitehaven has always claimed to be in Memphis aka Da M aka Da Mecca... The BEST  (Throws soap box into the chalk board)  

I RESPECT DA HAVEN :hungry:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Dr. Hunter took the 2000-01 team to the Quarterfinals... My Junior year where we lost to guess who... CORDOVA... They had an NFL player on their team Michael Coe, but anyway we should of beat them but that's before We jumped the Mental Hurdle...

Whitehaven is doing what Coach Stan Collins laid the foundation for us to do... ALL the years that I've known about  Whitehaven Football it was either Whitehaven Underachieved OR We/They Got "Cheated" and Throw in a bit of "they need better coaching". INSANE but we weren't going where WE WANTED so maybe it was the case... The fan base, that I'm all the way a part of now, DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT PLACE!!! Losing to anyone WEST of the TENN RIVER in the Playoffs has to be looked at as failure... It is what it is. This is the Pressure and the Spot that we wanted All those years when it was Melrose this and Memphis East That (I won't mention the Suburb boys... ok yeah I will, CBHS, MUS, and Germantown <_< ). We Wanted to to be known as the Best in the City AND State. We did the following things to start getting that love an RESPECT" 

We Slayed the G-Town dragon (them creating Southwind didn't hurt either honestly lol)

We Slayed that Mental Hurdle of the "3rd Rd. Curse"

We are Back to consistently BEATING White Station and Melrose (like we should) 

I love Coach Saulsberry to death and Will Defend him until I can't talk OR Type anymore but the reason there's so much "complaining and griping" is because There are certain people in those stands that can remember all too well the Constant Playoff loses to G-Town or the One and Done playoff appearances for NO OTHER REASON but EGOS (players' and COACHES')... We weren't losing  because the other team was Better Coached and No other Team has ever HAD THAT MUCH MORE On field TALENT than us with maybe the exception being G-Town back when they won State in the Mid 2000s, but I'm not even sure about that. Regardless the pain from being"cheated" by the stripes and/or Underachieving on the Field cannot and will not be acceptable ever again!!! Put Pride and Ego to the side and Be What Whitehaven has always claimed to be in Memphis aka Da M aka Da Mecca... The BEST  (Throws soap box into the chalk board)  

I RESPECT DA HAVEN :hungry:

(Goes to pick up the soapbox after ducking it to allow it to hit the chalkboard)

I hear and feel you BHS. Thanks for the history lesson with my man Dr. Hunter. I'm in agreement that we don't want to go back to those days of under acheiving. That being said ... the best ways to get behind our guys is to build them up and not tear them down ... that's all I'm saying. I'm not advocating covering things up, blowing smoke up anything or lying or flattery. What I'm advocating is to be a positive reinforcement and to accentaute the positive. Negativity is infectious and it is the easiest thing to do. Positivity also has the ability to be infectious but it takes a concerted effort. I'm vowing to make the concerted effort and not take the easy route. I'm needed in that regard, so I'm going to do my part.

(Gets off the soapbox and puts it away)

Edited by kwc

6A:

Game 1: Hendersonville

Game 2: Whitehaven

Game 3: White Station

Game 4: Southwind

Game 5: Central

5A:

Game 6: East

Game 7: Melrose

Game 8: Ridgeway

4A:

Game 9: Trezevant

Game 10: Craigmont

Game 11: Covington

3A:

Game 12: Lewis County

Game 13: Manassas

2A:

Game 14: Peabody

Game 15: Mitchell

D2-AA:

Game 16: CBHS

D2-A:

Game 17: FACS

Game 18: Friendship Christian

Game 19: FRA

6A:

Game 5: Central

5A:

Game 7: Melrose

Game 8: Ridgeway

4A:

3A:

Game 13: Manassas

2A:

D2-AA:

Game 16: CBHS

D2-A:

Game 19: FRA

What did you think about the story about James Alexander from FACS in today's Commercial Appeal? It's a very good read. Kudos to John Varlas for making the young mans journey public. The things we Americans take for granted are cherised and fawned over worldwide. The Alexander family is truley an amazing one indeed.

FACS standout takes long road from Liberia to success.

Here are my picks:

6A:

Game 5: Brighton

5A:

Game 7: Hardin County

Game 8: Dyer County

4A:

3A:

Game 13: Camden

2A:

D2-AA:

Game 16: The Brothers

D2-A:

Game 19: Franklin Road Academy

Now, let's begin the post season version of the Big Games In Memphis. The selection process will involve all Memphis area teams involved in the playoffs, regardless of classification. I'm just going to list the brackets and we will select games accordingly. That being said, there are 19 games in the first round ... BWWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA !!!!

MEMPHIS AREA TEAMS’ FIRST-ROUND GAMES

Games will be played at 7 p.m. Friday; seedings are in parentheses.

CLASS 6A

Game 1: (6) Hendersonville (7-3) at (3) Arlington (8-2)

Game 2: (8) Cordova (6-4) at (1) Whitehaven (8-2)

Game 3: (5) Houston (8-2) vs. (4) White Station (6-4)

Game 4: (6) Colierville (7-3) at (3) Southwind (7-3)

Game 5: (7) Central (6-4) at (2) Brighton (8-2)

CLASS 5A

Game 6: (5) East (8-2) at (4) Millington (6-4)

Game 7: (6) Melrose (7-3) at (3) Hardin County (6-4)

Game 8: (7) Dyer County (6-4) vs. (2) Ridgeway (5-5)

CLASS 4A

Game 9: (8) Haywood County (6-4) vs. (1) Trezevant (9-1)

Game 10: (5) Liberty Magnet (6-4) vs. (4) Craigmont (7-3)

Game 11: (6) Jackson Northside (8-2) at (3) Covington (8-2)

CLASS 3A

Game 12: (8) Fairley (4-6) at (1) Lewis County (10-0)

Game 13: (5) Manassas (6-4) at (4) Camden (6-4)

CLASS 2A

Game 14: (5) Hillcrest (6-4) at (4) Peabody (8-2)

Game 15: (6) Halls (6-4) vs. (3) Mitchell (7-3)

DIVISION 2-AA

Game 16: (4 West) St. Benedict (1-9) at (3 West) CBHS (5-5)

DIVISION 2-A

Game 17: (3 East/Middle, District 1) Donelson Christian (8-2) at (2 West, District 1) FACS (9-1)

Game 18: (3 West, District 1) Harding (4-6) at (2 East/Middle, District 1) Friendship Christian (8-2)

Game 19: (3 West, District 2) Tipton-Rosemark Aca. (4-6) at (2 East/Middle, District 2) Franklin Road Aca. (5-5)   

i want in on this if i may

hendersonville

whitehaven

white station

southwind

brighton

east

melrose

ridgeway

trezevant

liberty

covington