William Blount offseason thread

Governm

No, are you a woman? I'm just saying you can't bet against WB in that game until heritage actually manages to win it.

Everyone is saying this year is the year heritage has the ability to beat WB. The last two seasons the game has been very competitive. Now heritage seems to have things going their way. A proven winner as a head coach, bigger numbers, and more athletes. Heritage is on the rise, at a time when WB seems to be in a downfall. That's why most people would argue this year will be a good game. And why some of us think this is heritage's year.

Heritage and Seymour did not go to OT last season and they were in pretty good games with South Doyle, Bearden, and Lenoir City - oh, and William Blount. Using the logic of some, HHS could have been 4-6 or 5-5 instead of 1-9. I don't expect a playoff run or anything like that, but the Mountaineers will compete this year. They are taking steps toward being a solid program.

Heritage and Seymour did not go to OT last season and they were in pretty good games with South Doyle, Bearden, and Lenoir City - oh, and William Blount. Using the logic of some, HHS could have been 4-6 or 5-5 instead of 1-9. I don't expect a playoff run or anything like that, but the Mountaineers will compete this year. They are taking steps toward being a solid program.

That's great to hear. I would love to see Tim get that straightened out and being a good program again. I think things are headed back in the right direction and the number of kids were up this spring from what I've heard.

Everyone is saying this year is the year heritage has the ability to beat WB. The last two seasons the game has been very competitive. Now heritage seems to have things going their way. A proven winner as a head coach, bigger numbers, and more athletes. Heritage is on the rise, at a time when WB seems to be in a downfall. That's why most people would argue this year will be a good game. And why some of us think this is heritage's year.

So you can say heritage played WB really close the last two years thus they have an opportunity to beat WB but when I say WB will probably win more games this year because they played so many teams close last year i'm stupid, delusional,and using woman logic? Do you not see the similarities in what we are trying to say? Yes, Heritage has played WB really close the past two years.. I will give you that... But.... The past two years WB was in funks at the time they played heritage and they still won... Last year our offense went into a big funk starting with the Hardin Valley game that stretched throughout the middle part of the season and we only scored 7 points on heritage at their house and still won. I hate to break it to you but WB's offense is going to be better then it was last year. And last year our defense stunk it up and gave up big plays left and right and ya'll still couldn't score on us. Heritage had legitimate chances to beat us in 09,12,and 13 and couldn't get it done. So I don't see ya'll beating us this year... We have alot of guys coming back and some very good young players and we have a year with Ridge as HC under our belts... Based off of all of the facts I don't see heritage beating us this year or even keeping it close for that matter. But I could be wrong.

^ interesting. WB's middle school team will be very good in the coming years. The decision to combine carpenters and union grove is the best decision they could have made. Good talent at both schools already but now that they are united and playing under a great coach... All I can say is you better look out.. I expect them to compete for MS championships and hopefully in the next 5 to 10 years WBHS will be in the State Title discussion. I'm really excited about the future of WB football.

I fully expect Heritage to be better....the building process there will continue to move forward, Hammontree is doing it the right way.  That game should be a good one.

Sept 11th @ Oak Ridge Vs Robertsville. Get ready for a strong dose of Jordan Graham from Robertsville. Kid can FLY!!!

Carpenters had a good team two years ago and beat Robertsville like 35-6.....but I thought Robertsville had as many athletes as anybody we played, they just weren't very disciplined and didn't appear to very well coached.

The consolidation of the middle school teams is going to be huge on so many levels. First of all, it will be huge from a team chemistry standpoint. Up to this point the boys from carpenters and union grove (WB middle) were each others biggest rivals in middle school and had to forget all that and learn how to play as a team at the high school level. Now they will be used to playing as a team before they get to the high school and team chemistry will be greatly improved. Secondly... Combining the talent of both schools will surely lead to success on the field and the team will be confident and believe they can win. They will create a winning culture and will carry that with them to the high school. And when you add rick young into the mix you have a sure recipe for success. Those boys will be well coached and fundamentally sound when they get to the high school. They will know how to do the little things like proper tackling, blocking etc. there is alot to be excited about if you are a WB fan.