South Pittsburg vs Moore County (Moore man against that Smith man)

Geno

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda crazy that Zeman is nominated for Lineman. You don't really think of him as a lineman, even though he is a great tackler. Imagine the scenario of Zeman getting Lineman on the Year, and Lankford getting Back of the Year, when at the present Zeman has out-rushed and out-scored Lankford this year.

well he really hasnt out rushed Lankford.. it the attemps were the same Lankford would be way head

well he really hasnt out rushed Lankford.. it the attemps were the same Lankford would be way head

Never gonna give Marion any credit for anything are you Geno...lol  Not only has he out rushed him but hes scored more TDs...Just be glad we have two great athletes representing the valley, one for running backs and one for linemen....by the way, SP wins by a lot tonight....

Edited by MCHSFAN2008

Never give Marion any credit for nothing are you Geno...lol Not only has he out rushed him but hes scored more TDs...Just be glad we have two great athletes representing the valley, one for running backs and one for linemen....by the way, SP wins by a lot tonight....

I wasnt putting Zeman down i was just stating a fact.. correct?? if the attemps were the same well you add it up.. at yards per attemp and see were they would stand. PS go BB Edited by Geno

Never gonna give Marion any credit for anything are you Geno...lol Not only has he out rushed him but hes scored more TDs...Just be glad we have two great athletes representing the valley, one for running backs and one for linemen....by the way, SP wins by a lot tonight....

Old Pirate was a thinking this is the 1st time two finalists the same year amongst Marion Cty kinfolkes! Both represent this valley well. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Class A Back Finalist

Kyle Akin, Trinity Christian

Chris Hale, Eagleville

Jajuan Lankford, South Pittsburg

--------------------------

Akin has thrown for more than 2,000 yards this season in leading the Lions to their most successful regular season in school history and the District 15-A championship.

“It feels amazing,†said Hale of receiving the honor following a regular season that included a school-record 1,826 yards. He now has a school-record 4,256 rushing yards for his career. “I’m honored to be that first person from here to do it. I’m glad my team has helped me too.â€

Lankford has rushed for 1,548 yards and 23 TDs this year, averaging more than 12 yards per carry against a schedule that included seven playoff opponents and five teams that were either district champions or state-ranked. He is also the Pirates’ career rushing leader with more than 5,200 yards.

--------------------------

Lankford is the only finalist for back of the year that plays in 1A and will be facing some tough competition from the other 2. 

I find it odd that we have 8 classes for state championship games (way too many) but only 5 classes for Mr. Football. 

Linemen and Backs....all other positions get hosed!!! Not fair !!!

You gonna make it off that rock tonight? If you do look me and Roy up.  We will be over by the bathroom.

I'm sure gonna try. Got some folks from the hill going up there to that Mountain Troll's stomping grounds tonight, but I'd rather go to South Pitt. I like watching that Lankford Boy Run. I hear he is getting some offers from some good schools.

BTW is Roy jumping out of a plane tonight? I'd sure like to see that!

Edited by MtnGoatBilly

PLAYOFF GAMEDAY. WIN OR START BASKETBALL. The Pirate ship is ready to set sail on that dangerous playoff water but you know WE AINT NEVER SCARED! Ok boys time for another stamp. Your stamp. So far you have endured getting 2 new coaches. One ran like a kiffen i mean coward. Endured infighting and a terrible game. Youve endured skeptics and doubters some still on this thread. You've endured scumbags that tried to blame you and even call you out by names for stupid vandalism crap and your still standing strong. I'm proud of you and I stand behind you and anybody who doesn't better get out of the way. GO PIRATES.

Edited by MrLegit