South Pittsburg vs Moore County (Moore man against that Smith man)

Geno

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to blame at least some of our sloppy play on the refs. They completely disrupted any rhythm we had established. It got to the point that Moore Co. could do no wrong and we could do no right. Sure, some of the 21 penalties were correctly called.....but 21!? 21 penalties!!??? That's just unheard of. And I counted at least seven blatant fouls by Moore Co. that weren't called. Pathetic!

D60 what kind of mess is this? That Moore man did not train our boys good this week. I garuntee you need to quit making excuses and just say our boys did not wear their ankle weights or lift a lot of weights this week. When you hold the tackler you are holding because that boy is stronger. You think im joking but im not.

After the Game was over a Moore cnty player pulled his helment off and started cussing and giving the Finger to our Fans. the Refs started throwing flags and the Game hsd been over for 30 seconds

they had a defensive back taunting our fans, even motioning them to come onto the field to the point that he missed the snap twice. I had never seen that before. I won't use his number but If you were there you know.

The bye week hurt us in my opinion as we werea little sloppy. Not much I can say about the refs that has not already been said. Overall the team did not seem focused or motivated especially in the second half and if that does not change they could lose this coming week.

UD what kind of mess is this? Our boys had two weeks to train for this Smith man and get real strong and they didnt do it. If we lose this week our season will be over. You think im joking but im not.

The penalty calling was bad and out of control.  Then the refs couldn't decide what call to make when announcing it to the pressbox.  Their arms were going in different undecided directions.  The poor little short man syndrome ref uniform wearing athlete wannabe on the side called one attempt by Moore Co a touchdown so slow I thought maybe he couldn't raise his arms properly.  He started calling it good at 2 then finished it when the player went down before he crossed the goal line.  At that point, he couldn't overturn and look stupid, so he called it wrong and looked stupid.  SMH.  Refs lost control of the game therefore the kids lost control on both sides. 

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the "W"......The Pirates simply reverted back to the undeciplined team us fellers seen 1st home game this year! Throw the Rose Colored glasses away fellers, the Pirates were way out of sinc the whole night. Sure the officials made some questionable calls but the majority were num sculls causing the officials to have the workout they had. Course OP knows many SP folkes will defend them youngons from the speedway even when theys the blame. Now as for Moore County the youngons showed fight all night but it was obvious the coaches for Moore have discipline issues too with cheap shots and general conduct bad. That said, the Pirates were whipped the second half and frustration set in most likely due the the 1st half being severely one sided in favor of the Pirates. OP ain't got a clue how good the Fayetteville team is but they beat GV and will be a challenge for the Pirates next week at the Speedway. Go War Eagles

Edited by OLD PIRATE

First, Congrats Pirates! Second, that was the ugliest and most frustrating game I have ever seen at Beene Stadium. Third, Some of the flags SP deserved, but a lot were a bunch of mess as Roy would say. Fourth, Moore County was not any good and should not have scored as many points as they did. The Pirates need to regain their focus and get ready for the third round and one step closer to what they really want....Gold.....but that won't happen if they play like they did last night!