South Pittsburg vs Moore County (Moore man against that Smith man)

Geno

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A Back Finalist

Kyle Akin, Trinity Christian
Chris Hale, Eagleville
Jajuan Lankford, South Pittsburg

--------------------------

Akin has thrown for more than 2,000 yards this season in leading the Lions to their most successful regular season in school history and the District 15-A championship.

“It feels amazing,†said Hale of receiving the honor following a regular season that included a school-record 1,826 yards. He now has a school-record 4,256 rushing yards for his career. “I’m honored to be that first person from here to do it. I’m glad my team has helped me too.â€

Lankford has rushed for 1,548 yards and 23 TDs this year, averaging more than 12 yards per carry against a schedule that included seven playoff opponents and five teams that were either district champions or state-ranked. He is also the Pirates’ career rushing leader with more than 5,200 yards.

Lankford is the only finalist for back of the year that plays in 1A and will be facing some tough competition from the other 2. 

I find it odd that we have 8 classes for state championship games (way too many) but only 5 classes for Mr. Football. 

Class A Back Finalist

Kyle Akin, Trinity Christian

Chris Hale, Eagleville

Jajuan Lankford, South Pittsburg

Akin has thrown for more than 2,000 yards this season in leading the Lions to their most successful regular season in school history and the District 15-A championship.

“It feels amazing,†said Hale of receiving the honor following a regular season that included a school-record 1,826 yards. He now has a school-record 4,256 rushing yards for his career. “I’m honored to be that first person from here to do it. I’m glad my team has helped me too.â€

Lankford has rushed for 1,548 yards and 23 TDs this year, averaging more than 12 yards per carry against a schedule that included seven playoff opponents and five teams that were either district champions or state-ranked. He is also the Pirates’ career rushing leader with more than 5,200 yards.

Lankford is the only finalist for back of the year that plays in 1A and will be facing some tough competition from the other 2. 

I find it odd that we have 8 classes for state championship games (way too many) but only 5 classes for Mr. Football. 

It's kinda crazy that Zeman is nominated for Lineman.  You don't really think of him as a lineman, even though he is a great tackler.  Imagine the scenario of Zeman getting Lineman on the Year, and Lankford getting Back of the Year, when at the present Zeman has out-rushed and out-scored Lankford this year.

It's kinda crazy that Zeman is nominated for Lineman.  You don't really think of him as a lineman, even though he is a great tackler.  Imagine the scenario of Zeman getting Lineman on the Year, and Lankford getting Back of the Year, when at the present Zeman has out-rushed and out-scored Lankford this year.

Yes, it's strange but don't forget that Robert Robinson was up for the award as a lineman in 2007.  It's the TSSAA so we can expect it to not make sense. 

That is where they pigeon hole linebackers.  I have never liked that.  It also sells short defensive ends and tackles.