South Pittsburg vs Moore County (Moore man against that Smith man)

Geno

I hope we come out and take care of business Friday night. The team has been playing alot better and I can see they have been focused more the last half of the season. Just keep doing what we know this bunch can do and we'll be alright. With that said I believe we win by at least 28-35 points. Hope some of the injuries have had time to heal. Hope to have a good crowd. Does Moore Co. travel very well?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lankford has rushed for 1,548 yards and 23 TDs this year, averaging more than 12 yards per carry against a schedule that included seven playoff opponents and five teams that were either district champions or state-ranked. He is also the Pirates’ career rushing leader with more than 5,200 yards.

Career yards is big accomplishment

Lankford has rushed for 1,548 yards and 23 TDs this year, averaging more than 12 yards per carry against a schedule that included seven playoff opponents and five teams that were either district champions or state-ranked. He is also the Pirates’ career rushing leader with more than 5,200 yards.

Congrats to him and the whole team for making that happen for him this year. He'll be sorely missed..

Some of you guys tell us more about Moore County. What can we expect?

They have a strong defense, offense struggles a little and they will have trouble with SP's speed....they struggled with Eagleville's backs and this is a step up a little, so they will need the Pirates to help them out....but that is why we play the games because you just never know!!

They have a strong defense, offense struggles a little and they will have trouble with SP's speed....they struggled with Eagleville's backs and this is a step up a little, so they will need the Pirates to help them out....but that is why we play the games because you just never know!!

Help them out?  You mean like getting up 21 - 0 and laying an egg on the 10 yard line? :o

Eagleville's back (Chris Hale) with 1800 plus yards rushing is a step down from SP's back??  I don't think so.

I have been a Moore County follower for years.  I have had nephews that played there up through last year and have seen them twice this year.  Once against Eagleville and last week in their playoff game.  Moore county is weak and doesn't really have a legitimate chance in this game.