Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Have their been any names thrown out for this job? I haven't been keeping up. Just saw on the other thread where there was a Coach Akins rumor floating around. Any others?

Akins and Fitzgerald would do well there. Doubt they are lucky enough to get either but they would win with either and get that program turned around. I'm just keeping it real

Lol you guys crack me up say this coach this or that coach that and the best one I've heard yet was Montgomery won with. Barbers players. Are you guys kidding me? This is high school they didn't go out and recruit each coach coached the kids that was willing to stay at center and not go to tyner or ooltewah. Barger is a good coach I do believe and he started to turn the corner when he left. Sam put a good staff together and had the best year Central has had since 2003, and did it with a heavy sophomore class, a couple good Juniors and 4 above average seniors. And had that staff stayed that sophomore class had a chance to play with the big boys last year as seniors cause most of those kids that were sophomores played with a pretty tight game with A Senior heavy Fulton team in the first round of 2010. Now as far as Norwood, great guy and has learned a lot about coaching since his time at Central but if you guys were to ask him he would tell you the one year he did have the title of DC he had a lot of help and didn't really know defense like a coordinator should, but he did love the kids and and probably would have stayed at Central as well as the rest of the staff until John Cleaned house because that group of coaches loved Central and a few of them I know for a fact would love to someday have the opportunity to return to Central in some capacity. And I have stated before and this fact and some of u may confirm this but Finley was warned several times not to hire john! He did it anyway so it don't matter who all is on the commity Finley makes the call, the other people is just there to divert blame when he screws up again and hires someone that is just using Central. as a stepping stone but has the gift of gab. You can win at Central and it's a great place to be I just hope for the kids sake that they really do there homework this go around.

Headhunter, I agree about the class Barger put together and the kids. The coaching class that he had a good staff and worked well together. Yes you are right about the sophomores that Montgomery had. Yes you are right about Allen coming in and letting Norwood go and all of the Sophomores of that class but eight were gone that would have been seniors this year. I hope some would come back. I agree that the final call will be Mr. kings as he is the principal. Certainly he has learned a lesson this time. maybe the 2 Alumni will have some influence. Thanks Headhunter about Barger and Montgomery.

Lol you guys crack me up say this coach this or that coach that and the best one I've heard yet was Montgomery won with. Barbers players. Are you guys kidding me? This is high school they didn't go out and recruit each coach coached the kids that was willing to stay at center and not go to tyner or ooltewah. Barger is a good coach I do believe and he started to turn the corner when he left. Sam put a good staff together and had the best year Central has had since 2003, and did it with a heavy sophomore class, a couple good Juniors and 4 above average seniors. And had that staff stayed that sophomore class had a chance to play with the big boys last year as seniors cause most of those kids that were sophomores played with a pretty tight game with A Senior heavy Fulton team in the first round of 2010. Now as far as Norwood, great guy and has learned a lot about coaching since his time at Central but if you guys were to ask him he would tell you the one year he did have the title of DC he had a lot of help and didn't really know defense like a coordinator should, but he did love the kids and and probably would have stayed at Central as well as the rest of the staff until John Cleaned house because that group of coaches loved Central and a few of them I know for a fact would love to someday have the opportunity to return to Central in some capacity. And I have stated before and this fact and some of u may confirm this but Finley was warned several times not to hire john! He did it anyway so it don't matter who all is on the commity Finley makes the call, the other people is just there to divert blame when he screws up again and hires someone that is just using Central. as a stepping stone but has the gift of gab. You can win at Central and it's a great place to be I just hope for the kids sake that they really do there homework this go around.

headhunter I appreciate the kind words. First off it was my second season at DC. Second yes I was still learning when montgomery was head coach but I had very little if any help on defense except for one other coach. We gave up an average of 12 points a game that year. Those kids trusted me and I trusted them. I loved those kids. They did everything I ask of them. The key to coaching the kids there is to let them enjoy their experience. You will game their trust and respect once you allow them to have fun. Forcing discipline on a kid isn't the answer, respecting them will lead to that. By the way, Allen did not let me go, Montgomery did.

How willing are they going to be to go with someone that they don't know, but has a good resume and references?

That is why they are waiting til January to make selection because of playoffs , holidays, and I think some schools semesters start again in January. As far being from out of state yes they would accept the proper app but would really be check. Hey they put the job out on football scoop.com which is a national publication in November. So yes they would take apps from out of state.

Someone close to Finley needs to get him on the horn with Vic Grider ASAP. Vic just announced he is not taking the job in Georgia. If the pounder faithful wants stability with a proven winner and has coached the same type kids that Central has then this would be the perfect fit. This hiring process would end today, if Central could pony up.