Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Here is what I know today, Kijuan Ware has accepted the Head Coach position but is not ceritified to teach or coach in TN.  Similar situation the coach a few years back was in (Montgomery).  He is taking the test and then will be certified.  They have hired Strickland, Mallory, and Carter (which are already on staff at CHS) and Courtney Brasswell as assistant coaches.  There is one more assistant coach to be hired and may have already been.  It looks like Coach Cook will not be retained.   

JohnnyReb01, the local school board will only let the schools in their jurisdiction only have 3 paid assistants on their high school staff. They can also have 3 volunteers. Now this was last week and some things could have changed. Last year it was Coach Cook, Elder and Carter. Coach Dunn was a volunteer.

I really have second thoughts on Strickland. I would not turn my back on this man. Braswell was rumored to be involved in that mess at Soddy Daisy  and soon let go. Things may have changed. If these coaches work out then it will be great.

Edited by Pounder1

We got about 9 plus inches here. It's all good though. As far as the coach hires ... All I can say at this second is WOW!! After all this time and all these applicants we wind up with a head coach who is not qualified, an assistant who slammed and griped about Allen all last year all because Allen wouldn't make him an assistant, another assistant who has bounced all over since he went to Baylor and has a questionable past at Soddy, and an assistant wrestling coach we know very little about.

Ill tell you this Carter will most likely be done with football and just stick with his baseball team.

Your probably dead on there with Carter, unless he just wants the money.  I would say Dunn, and the 2 Morgan boys will come back and volunteer if needed.  Strickland has no reason to be on that staff as well as Mallory.  Other than the head coaching hire, seems to be another debacle at CHS!

well we will see what kind of coach Ware is right off the bat if he has to discipline his coaches.   I am going to reserve judgement on Strickland because honestly the product on the field was not a good one and i am sure he just thinks he could have done it better..... he should have kept his mouth shut if he was wanting to jump into the frying pan,,,now he gets his shot...he better have thick skin, if he run his mouth and can not back it up! 

I know nothing about Mallory, may be a great coach we shall see.  Braswell, sounds like a slime ball but again we shall see.

Edited by fishheadspin