Upperman host ND

Slow down there JohnnyRay! I've seen how much fun it is to tantilize these 3 Alcoa dudes, but let's not get carried away. Both teams still have to win Friday night! If they do both win, you are going to hear some really scary comparisons. Upperman needed a score in the last minute to beat LA and CAK beat LA by 35 I think. If Upperman has a game like the LA game, anyone left can beat them. If they play like they did against Tyner, heck they might beat anyone. Let's beat ND before we even think about the Alcoa--Upperman thread!

Slow down there JohnnyRay! I've seen how much fun it is to tantilize these 3 Alcoa dudes, but let's not get carried away. Both teams still have to win Friday night! If they do both win, you are going to hear some really scary comparisons. Upperman needed a score in the last minute to beat LA and CAK beat LA by 35 I think. If Upperman has a game like the LA game, anyone left can beat them. If they play like they did against Tyner, heck they might beat anyone. Let's beat ND before we even think about the Alcoa--Upperman thread!

The comparing of these two games doesn't amount to much. The only reason it was close was 5 turn overs by Upperman QB. He probably played his worst game that night. You can't be perfect every week. Good thing #24 ran that last pass in for a TD and the win.

If Alcoa starts gaining some enrollment will they have some stay home when students are counted so they can remain 3A playoffs? We heard for years how they could beat anyone in the state, Knoxville area teams ducked them, etc, but nothing stopped them from going to 4A or 5A when there were five classes.

If Alcoa starts gaining some enrollment will they have some stay home when students are counted so they can remain 3A playoffs? We heard for years how they could beat anyone in the state, Knoxville area teams ducked them, etc, but nothing stopped them from going to 4A or 5A when there were five classes.

They don't want to do that then they would have to play against schools that have as many athletes as they do and that doesn't work out for them real well as evidence by the many losses they have when playing Maryville. That F5 would be no more than a fart in the wind  :popcorneater:

Just ask Oregon, dominating a lesser opponent by 60 does not equate to having the best team out there. A win is a win. As far as the Coalfield victory vs. your victory against Gordonsville goes. Yes Gordonsville is a defending state champ but were 5-6 this year. Coalfield on the other hand is 8-3 and still going strong in the playoffs. NDs player have been going both ways all year and are used to it, I don't see this as an issue. I do think it is going to be an issue for you guys having to play the hardest hitting and fastest defense you have seen all year. There is no doubt your QB is a gamer, he will have a chance to prove it Friday. I predict 42-28 ND.

I think you missed my point. It is not about comparing Gordonsville to Coalfield or their record this season or last and for sure not talking Oregon and their weak NCAA D1 conference. This is about single A in general. I know for a fact that most of the guys on both of these teams (including teams like Greenback, Grace and Oneida) only have on average 30 to 35 players. Which means most starters have to play both sides of the ball and almost all lineman play both ways. If ND is that good and a 3A school they should have had enough players to wear down Coalfield by halftime or no later than mid 3rd quarter. The score should have been easily 42 to 14.

better comparison would be Dekalb verse Coalfield......DC much better even though Coalfield is a strong 1a. And looked how that turned out. ND can't just worry about the qb, has to worry how to get threw that big ol UH has. ND might might have best D UH has seen, but guessing the OL and qb UH has will be the best ND has seen also. That line handled Father Ryan and Cookeville in a scrimmage and guessing they are both as good or close to what ND has up front.

ND line is no where close to Father Ryan or Cookeville.

ND line is no where close to Father Ryan or Cookeville.

probably not, but I was trying to give them the benifit of the doubt. I have not seen anyone match up with the line size UH has yet. The Tyner faithfull played the old " were faster, more athletic" card and we see what that got them. Funny how people still think stopping one guy will ensure a victory. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

The finallized plan is to recuit the best football players til the the enrollment reach 727. Currently East Nashville is the largest 3A team at 728.

Next..........who's next.