Westview (9-3) at Lewis County (12-0)

WHSChargerFanatic

Here's a little back drop story about that Westview Charger....His name is Bo Guest and a few years back, his father died in a motorcycle accident. He has missed most of the regular season with a foot injury, and by us making the playoffs - it allowed him to finish his Senior season on the field. His father (Joey) used to be a sports writer in West Tennessee and he had also graduated from Westview back in the late 80's. His father would be proud of how he fought back from his adversity this year and helped the team get to where they were at. I was there---whether there were missed calls for both teams, but that happens every week. No excuses---you guys have a good team lead by a great coach and we wish you the best in your next matchup. This is the type of sportsmanship which should be exhibited every game. I saw several LC players consoling Westview and they were very complimentary to our guys about being by far the toughest opponent so far this season. Good luck from Martin and hope you guys make it to the championship.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. We hope to do it all again next year. Good luck to WV next year. Build your guys up. They deserve it.
  • Upvote 1

All I can say is don't let them get 3 scores ahead. They'll go into victory formation and grown men will start taunting your players. Calling them out by name I might add! Sickening.

While you are talking about calling out players by name, Any coach, faculty member, school board member, parent or student who would build white crosses and put the opposing team players name on each and arrange along the driveway coming to their parking lot should have heads examined to see if there is a brain in there. Do they not know that KIDs die on football fields every year, what if one of those 'KIDS' had gotten a broken neck or other injury that claimed their life that night. Talk all you want about SPORTSMANSHIP ,

All I can say is don't let them get 3 scores ahead. They'll go into victory formation and grown men will start taunting your players. Calling them out by name I might add! Sickening.

While you are talking about calling out players by name, Any coach, faculty member, school board member, parent or student who would build white crosses and put the opposing team players name on each and arrange along the driveway coming to their parking lot should have heads examined to see if there is a brain in there. Do they not know that KIDs die on football fields every year, what if one of those 'KIDS' had gotten a broken neck or other injury that claimed their life that night. Talk all you want about SPORTSMANSHIP ,

Was this at Lewis vs Westview?

Regardless. Nearly everyone makes the implication that so and so will "kill" so and so. I doubt anyone literally wants to take someone's life. I contend that any adult who will scream at a kid on the opposing team over and over and over needs more than a mental evaluation. He needs an arse kicking. :)

Yes at Lewis County. When some of those"Westview" kids were in 6th grade they had a player get hit in the chest and stopped his heart, had it not been for CPR and an AED to shock his heart he most likely would not have survived. Watch a kid getting chest compressions on a field and it changes you. Yelling out specific "KIDS" name and saying KILL is not cool and certainly not writing, actually "neatly painting individual name" on a cross....

Yes at Lewis County. When some of those"Westview" kids were in 6th grade they had a player get hit in the chest and stopped his heart, had it not been for CPR and an AED to shock his heart he most likely would not have survived. Watch a kid getting chest compressions on a field and it changes you. Yelling out specific "KIDS" name and saying KILL is not cool and certainly not writing, actually "neatly painting individual name" on a cross....

Great post. We had a 14 year old soccer player collapse and expire a couple of years ago at practice. It rocked our whole community. Pretty sure the good people of LC didn't mean anything of the sort with the crosses. Spirit just not well thought out, maybe.