WHITE STATION @ HENDERSONVILLE

Bump11

I don't have an affinity towards it either, however, Hendersonville runs it very well. Who has the better OL/DL? May be the difference.

I'm in agreement with you. I'm not a fan of it either.

It's been my experience that the teams that make it this far in the playoffs in the larger classifications usually have pretty strong OL/DL's. Two contrasting offensive philosophies on display in this one. Two stout defenses. It will probably be more in line with T/O's and special teams.

Edited by kwc

There will be opportunities. Gallatin was 11-19 161 yards 1 TD 1 INT. Not sure how others faired.

Well, the reason I asked is because White Station's offense basically comes through the air. The following is from ths Commercial Appeal:

TSSAA CLASS 6A QUARTERFINAL

At Crump

WHITE STATION 31, CENTRAL 28

Central / 0 / 7 / 7 / 14—28

White Station / 0 / 3 / 14 / 14—31

WS — West Wiggins 23 FG

Cent — Eddie Lee 23 pass from Dedrick Thomas (Davidson Hopper kick)

Cent — Bernard Gray 21 run (Davidson Hopper kick)

WS — Dalvin Foster 9 pass from Cedric Wilson (West Wiggins kick)

WS — Eldridge Thompson 22 pass from Cedric Wilson (West Wiggins kick)

Cent — Bernard Gray 8 pass from Dedrick Thomas (kick failed)

WS — Terry Wright 5 pass from Cedric Wilson (West Wiggins kick)

Cent — Dedrick Thomas 1 run (Dedrick Thomas run)

WS — Terry Wright 5 pass from Cedric Wilson (West Wiggins kick)

Cent / WS

First downs / 18 / 15

Net yards rushing / 227 / 43

Net yards passing / 110 / 290

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Central, Dedrick Thomas 23-114, Bernard Gray 19-84.

PASSING — Central, Dedrick Thomas 9-15-110-2. White Station, Burk Williams 7-13-81-0, Cedric Wilson 18-21-209-0.

RECEIVING — Central, Bernard Gray 4-42, Eddie Lee 3-55. White Station, Eldridge Thompson 8-104, Terry Wright 6-34, Dalvin Foster 5-60, Kjay Johnson 3-35, Ty Lott 2-52.

RECORDS — Central 8-5, White Station 9-4.

Best wishes to both these fine teams! Congrats on making it to the semifinals! May it be an injury free and great game! By the way I am not a fan of the wing t myself! To much side ways before going north and south! Can be tough to stop if you have not seen it a lot!

Edited by warhawks

I don't put much stock in what offense anybody runs. It will be about blocking and tackling Friday night. What is it they say " not about X and O's but the Jimmy's and the Joes. Hville knows they will have to play their best game of the year to win. White Station has played an extremely tough schedule with South Panola MS, Oakland, Whitehaven twice, Christian Brothers and East. 1 common opponent, Arlington. WS beat them 33-14 while Hville won 49-31. I believe having the former Notre Dame off coordinator Cordelli on your staff has really assisted in Wilson's development at QB as he has had an outstanding year and they run a very diverse offense. Kind of reminds you of Arlington with about 10 times more speed and a much better D. Big challenge for the Commandos but nobody said it would be easy. Looking forward to a great atmosphere at Paul Decker Field at Memorial Stadium as we welcome our guests from Memphis. Spartan fans, safe travels to all of you, GO COMMANDOS!

Well I guess I'll make my prediction... White Station by 6... Wing T offenses usually have a problem coming back. If White Station is able they should attempt to do the Commandos like Whitehaven did Mt. Juliet 2 seasons ago... Use the athleticism EARLY to get up 2 scores and force them to PASS the ball to get back in the game. Hope there's not too much homecooking in Hendersonville   :thumb:

Ok, I'll be the one who is stereotypical, having not seen WS... I will go with Hendersonvile, based on being better coached and more disciplined. I'm sure that will get some Memphis people in an uproar, but from what I've seen in the past Memphis teams are very athletic, but not nearly as disciplined as 9AAA teams.

Based on that assumption, I will go with HHS by at least 10 in a game that they move the ball at will. WS will have a solid first half, but hatfield and company will make the necessary adjustments and shut the WS offense down in the second half.

Ok, I'll be the one who is stereotypical, having not seen WS... I will go with Hendersonvile, based on being better coached and more disciplined. I'm sure that will get some Memphis people in an uproar, but from what I've seen in the past Memphis teams are very athletic, but not nearly as disciplined as 9AAA teams.

Based on that assumption, I will go with HHS by at least 10 in a game that they move the ball at will. WS will have a solid first half, but hatfield and company will make the necessary adjustments and shut the WS offense down in the second half.

Whitehaven and White Station aint "typical" Memphis Football programs...   :huh:  :popcorneater: