WHITE STATION @ HENDERSONVILLE

Bump11

That's the way not all but the majority of the posters on here are, they basically feel we have super athletic teams who are undiciplined and badly coached. Good luck to you guys...

I would say that image is rapidly changing. For those of us who actually get to play the Memphis teams, there are some that are undisciplined. But the powers, like pepvol mentioned are no longer that way. The Memphis East team that we played two weeks ago was a tremendously talented and well coached bunch. Great sportsmanship and great heart on that team. I still say that is the best team that Henry County faced this year to date. And White Station beat them. That says something! Good luck to both teams, but I'm pulling for White Station over Hendersonville. No love for them from this HC fan!

I don't buy that Memphis does not get the respect they deserve. Many posters are just from Middle Tennessee and are proud as well. Also, Kevin38 is also not fond of BlackHavenSenator after a political debate on another thread. When stereotypes are conjured up on a whim, it becomes an excuse to hate others of another projected stereotype and that hate becomes racism.
Before it starts, let's not lower ourselves to go there. It is High School Football.

Good luck to Hendersonville from your neighbors in Gtown. 

As a White Station fan I am amazed at how quickly people pick against the Memphis teams. These same people said that WSHS had no chance against Maryvillle in 2009. During that run we beat Brentwood at home in the semis and Maryville in Cookeville at state. This team has a lot of athleticism and better not be underestimated. I have no idea what Hendersonville runs or what they do. I bet most people here have not seen WSHS play, but are just picking against the Memphis team. In 2009 White Station won and Whitehaven won last year. Do you think Memphis teams can't play?

I have nothing against Memphis teams. I actually was one of the few that picked White Station to beat Maryville back in 09. Most Memphis teams are very talented and very well coached. But my pick is based on who i believe will win. Not because i dont like Memphis teams. I have family in Memphis. Ive seen plenty a football game in Memphis, Jackson, Bartlett..etc. So i know how good those boys out west can play. I just truly believe Hendersonville, on the road, will be too much for the Spartans. Just my opinion

I don't buy that Memphis does not get the respect they deserve. Many posters are just from Middle Tennessee and are proud as well. Also, Kevin38 is also not fond of BlackHavenSenator after a political debate on another thread. When stereotypes are conjured up on a whim, it becomes an excuse to hate others of another projected stereotype and that hate becomes racism.

Before it starts, let's not lower ourselves to go there. It is High School Football.

Good luck to Hendersonville from your neighbors in Gtown. 

OK, just to be clear, I have no problem w/ BlackHavenSenator and actually feel he is very knowledgeable, but sometimes seems to allow politics and things outside football cloud his judgement. I see you decoded my post, I in no way know or even believe the things I said about the WSHS football team. I have not seen them play, I just picked up on what our friend from Whitehaven was doing and simply obliged him.....lol

Best team we have played up front. Really physical and fast on D led by superstar LB Petera Wilson who is being recruited by AL, LSU, etc and DB Tony Becton. They compare with East and Trezevant as the best on D in Memphis this year. On O QB Cedrick Wilson JR has been red hot and threw for 4 TD's in the 2nd half against Central to get advance them to this game. Will take a much better performance this week than last to get by these guys as they are the real deal.

As a White Station fan I am amazed at how quickly people pick against the Memphis teams. These same people said that WSHS had no chance against Maryvillle in 2009. During that run we beat Brentwood at home in the semis and Maryville in Cookeville at state. This team has a lot of athleticism and better not be underestimated. I have no idea what Hendersonville runs or what they do. I bet most people here have not seen WSHS play, but are just picking against the Memphis team. In 2009 White Station won and Whitehaven won last year. Do you think Memphis teams can't play?

Don't think real fans discount Shelby County. It is known first as basketball country first but some good football comes out of there. The folks in Orange Mound have as good a football history as anyone. Last years Whitehaven team was as good as any. I thought East was the best Shelby team this year but now they are spectators. I think most Maryville fans are well aware of what can come out of big Shelby.

The most TALENTED players come out of the Memphis districts in Football.

16AAA has been wrecking shop in Quad 4/the Bottom Bracket/The West in 6A since the playoff system change in 2009. 

I'm honestly shocked that WE didn't make it to the Semifinals again but the FACT that Memphis Central (16AAA) vs. White Station (16AAA) determined who would win Quad 4 to me shows that Memphis High School Football is still up to snuff.

Good Luck to the Spartans  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

As a little boy, the Commandos were my heroes.  Looked like giants to me at that age.  I even had a long cleat, white with a metal point.  I wore it around my neck.  Proud of what they have accomplished this year. 

With that said, White Station is a different animal.  Speed and skill positions will amaze you.  Sometimes when a play breaks down they make it turn out better than the set play.  Memphis teams just scare me to death! 

Wether you love some of the Memphis faithful posters, doesn't diminish the fact that those young men can flat out play ball.  White Station is not here by default, they earned it.  Hope it is a great game!

I want hendersonville to win!  But they gotta bring their best to win this one!