Dumb and Dumber...An Ensworth Perspective

airstrip1

Yeah and the SEC competes with other conferences for a championship. I don't think D2AA teams have to compete with other classifications to win their 11 team championship.

Dang, I expected more from the private school folks.

It's not that we don't HAVE to compete with other classifications for a state championship...we don't GET to compete with them. We didn't request to be thrown into this situation; it was forced on us.

Edited by KWoodroof

Oh Glock, you have rattled their cages! Exactly right big, bad fish in a tiny, tiny pond, playing on a Thursday night, when no one is watching but the mommy and daddy fish. Omg, they are going to reject TSSAA and play other junior, junior colleges that will give them the respect they deserve. Leave the TSSAA, and become even less relevant than you all ready are! All of Tennessee will be anxiously awaiting the results of an eleven team play-off. Is it Ensworth or MBA or Brentwood Academy, or (getting sleepy).

I know this is tough for you to comprehend after seeing your previous stmts. I have no idea what school you represent - lower sloblovia i'd guess. you'd lose to multiple DII schools. and i'll go further than red robin - so would any public school this yr and other yrs. I've watched the so-called top rated schools in TN  outside of DII AA - one word - SLOOOOWWWW.  DII would LOVE to play for one single c-ship in TN. Of course we are the only ones who feel that way. You may want to tune into the DII c-ship dec 5th, they are the best teams in TN.  Pls let me know your school - i'll make sure we call them to sched a game. And i'll let you know what they say although i already know the answer 

Ya know , I know these guys just come here to get you all worked up and all , but saying that Multiple DII Schools would beat EVERY Public School this year , and every year ... Well you're welcome to your opinion , just don't be surprised when these guys do show up . I respect all the DII schools and would love to add 11 Schools to the Mix every year , because Frankly I get tired of my School always getting beat in the Imaginary Football League .... just like I'm sure you guys do too . Good luck to Ensworth and MUS , I hope Coach Bowers and his Asst get to coach the Game , Chkn Shiiite Reffing no Doubt . 

• Upvote 1

The foul was a dead ball foul on the defense which was behind so the game was technically over with the referee indicating such.  I agree that 00 on the scoreboard doesn't mean that the game is over but in this case even the referee indicated such.  Most crews (unless they are looking for drama) leaves it there.  No way justice is served by a coach sitting out a state championship game from all this while an official just sits one out.  If players can be cut or benched, coached fired, why can't officials too be held accountable?

The game can't end on a defensive penalty, the ball must be snapped with no time on the clock in order to end the game, and the result of the play counts. If the QB had taken a knee no late hit happens...the situation is not 100% the ref's fault, and he was within the obligation of his job duty to eject Bowers if contact was made. Having said that, poor judgment may have been used, but the situation shouldn't alter the call...no different than if it had happened in the middle of the first quarter, no consideration of consequence the following week.

Oh Glock, you have rattled their cages! Exactly right big, bad fish in a tiny, tiny pond, playing on a Thursday night, when no one is watching but the mommy and daddy fish. Omg, they are going to reject TSSAA and play other junior, junior colleges that will give them the respect they deserve. Leave the TSSAA, and become even less relevant than you all ready are! All of Tennessee will be anxiously awaiting the results of an eleven team play-off. Is it Ensworth or MBA or Brentwood Academy, or (getting sleepy).

It really is stunning, the level of stupidity one must possess to post this stuff.  At least you can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone, ahapplet, as many have done the same before you.  "Hey our public school administrators use our superior numbers to separate financial-aid private schools into their own division, so that we don't have to play them any more, and now I'm going to wander over to their board and make fun of the division that we forced them into."  True brilliance, guys.

• Upvote 2

Hey how about you guys move to d2!!! Would me easier

Putting the 11 back in would make the gold ball in the highest division very difficult to obtain. Not that it is easy now. it's impossible now to go back because all the rules have changed. The best we can hope for are more games between the schools in the state .

I am not one who believes there is a difference between the top public and private teams in the state athletically.

If it were all together we would likely see maryville and ensworth in the state championship game but who knows. Anything could happen on a given night to change that. Fun to think about some of the matchups though.

Good luck to you guys. I'll be at the games

Ya know , I know these guys just come here to get you all worked up and all , but saying that Multiple DII Schools would beat EVERY Public School this year , and every year ... Well you're welcome to your opinion , just don't be surprised when these guys do show up . I respect all the DII schools and would love to add 11 Schools to the Mix every year , because Frankly I get tired of my School always getting beat in the Imaginary Football League .... just like I'm sure you guys do too . Good luck to Ensworth and MUS , I hope Coach Bowers and his Asst get to coach the Game , Chkn Shiiite Reffing no Doubt .

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Hey how about you guys move to d2!!! Would me easier

Putting the 11 back in would make the gold ball in the highest division very difficult to obtain. Not that it is easy now. it's impossible now to go back because all the rules have changed. The best we can hope for are more games between the schools in the state .

I am not one who believes there is a difference between the top public and private teams in the state athletically.

If it were all together we would likely see maryville and ensworth in the state championship game but who knows. Anything could happen on a given night to change that. Fun to think about some of the matchups though.

Good luck to you guys. I'll be at the games

8 different Gold Balls is just ridiculous ... I think this year we're seeing an even more than normal Trickle-down effect . Maybe in the next year or 2 we can have a Real game with Ensworth , MBA , or BA instead of a scrimmage ... I think it would be good for both teams . 

8 different Gold Balls is just ridiculous ... I think this year we're seeing an even more than normal Trickle-down effect . Maybe in the next year or 2 we can have a Real game with Ensworth , MBA , or BA instead of a scrimmage ... I think it would be good for both teams . 

TSSAA Football:

Class A:  No private schools

ClassAA:  Zoned public & Private Schools

Class AAA: Open Zoned Public, Magnet Public, Zoned public, Private & Financial giving schools

ClassAAAA: Open Zoned Public, Magnet Public, Public, Zoned public, Private & Financial giving schools

Go back to a district format and only the top two teams in each district qualify for the playoffs.  All teams with 7+ wins that do not make the playoffs make go to a bowl game.