South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

This has been answered in different threads in different ways. Pay attention. The county is relatively large area wise but has only 28,000 people. There are 4 H.S., 3 of which have a football team, SP, Marion County High (Jasper) and Whitwell. Regarding #3, it doesn't allow open zoning in the way you think. IF, there is space, a student can apply to go to that school and it has to be approved. As far as the TSSAA is concerned, Marion County Schools have bus routes. If a kid starts out as a Freshmen, there is no issue. After that, they would have to set out a year.

Actually, this is NOT that common and the few cases that it has happened, they had a long relationship with the community.

So if you had space for two students and four student applied. Two that were non athletes and two great football players. Which two would be approved?

"A ton of kids who live in Union City go to school in the county. I live in Union City city limits, right in the middle of town and there are several OC bus stops right here near my house." check with this guy he seems to know.

Dan the only thing we agree on is if I get what your saying than yes kids who live in the city limits should go to the city school. But no one is forcing them to go to county except maby their parents.

It all has to do with academics...OC is much easier school when it comes to grades

that's what heard to but its only going to hurt students in the long run. Plus when I went I trouble in math and a few other subjects but the teachers were there to help me. UC challenges you but you'll be a better person in the long run.

No offense taken. You guys know the teams out there better than me. I was just trying to say that SP (the one I watched yesterday morning) was not the second best team in the state. And all the jawing from their posters on here turned out to be quite comical. They really had me believing I was going to be watching a team capable of stomping every team in the state regardless of classification. Now I know better than to ever believe them again.

Don't get me wrong cause NCS was awesome this year. The UC verses Humboldt game was the championship this year in 1A.

No offense taken. You guys know the teams out there better than me. I was just trying to say that SP (the one I watched yesterday morning) was not the second best team in the state. And all the jawing from their posters on here turned out to be quite comical. They really had me believing I was going to be watching a team capable of stomping every team in the state regardless of classification. Now I know better than to ever believe them again.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself my friend

Bigdan I'm going to do my best to defend what we have accomplished here in UC. However I don't believe that you will put at trust in what I'm about to say. Open zoning. I live in town on a busy street, In front of my house every single day there is an OC bus and a UC bus that passes. Kids from my nieghborhood get on both buses. It's the parents choice. The truth of the matter is that UC has more of a focus on education than sports. I know for a fact this is true because my own children have attended both school systems and I have seen first hand the vast differance between the two. I reluctantly moved my oldest two boys from the county school system to UC back in 05. They didn;t want to go to UC but I, the parent, made the decision because of research I had done and decided my kids were better served in UC. I did not consider the sports program at all, but my oldest son did get him a ring in 09 because he was a senior DB and WO on that team. After that season my wife, not me, felt like we should give the county another shot with my younger sons. Big mistake. It took only 1 year and we came back to the academics that UC offers. I have a sophomore who doesn't play football but baseball. We are so glad we made the move back.

Now I want to address the fact that you called my school, my town, my friends and my kids cheaters. Because that's what you did with your above comment. I think that you are pathetic. You can't celebrate with your team so you take shots and say things that you have absolutley no knowledge about and take the hard work these young men have put in and reduce the entire school system down to being dishonest and underhanded. I can tell you this now dude you wouldn't get away with that with me in the same room. The fact is that you are nothing more than a squall bag who couldn't get anything done when you played in your day and can't get anything done now so you get on a message board and insult a program that is above and beyond reproach so that you can justify the mediocre success you have had. I have said it before but now I intend to stick to it. You are completely and totally irrelevant. Nothing you say has any validation at all. So go ahead and blame the private schools, blame open zoning, blame whatever it is that you want to blame so you can feel better about never accomplishing your dreams. We will keep moving forward and improving while you sit and fester. I will never acknowledge that you exist again.

From all their posters? You didn't hear that from me. I know better. The 2013 SP team could have been beaten by 40-50 points by MANY of our past teams. They were about average for SP standards and certainly not mentioned with the great teams.

That's a false statement. I suggest you make a trip down and look at South Pittsburg's little leagues. It's the same kids all the way up through Jr High. Football is just all there is here. Rarely does any kid come from outside South Pittsburg or Kimball (which is town in between Jasper and South Pittsburg). Football players that go here leave and usually comeback then they have kids and those kids turn into football players. We just keep recycling. We have dry spells like everyone else but ours usually just last 2-3 years. Nobody would mention us and open zoning if Trousdale, Boyd and all the small privates were still in 1A. We are (no disrespect to Coalfield or Greenback) the last elephant in the room on the East so it makes us odds on favorite every year. Next couple years most consider SP to be empty so others will have there shot to start a run.

no offence taken brother, i thought you responded well. SP is the big dog that GB or CF has or to or may never get over. The more i look into schools like union city i realize that CF's 

ONLY hope is to someday win a semi final and get a silver ball. We do well to even compete with SP, UC team, scheme, balance and athletes are another level for CF. 

Why I say that is that to win 1A since 2007, teams have had to go thru SP to win that gold ball. UC was the better team as Wayne Co was in 2011, but SP was in both UC games and the WC game. Nobody has blown us out....that is why I say you fellars from west tn need to put down those rose colored glasses. UC, Humbolt, and Dresden are some of the larger teams in 1A so they should be good. SP will have a couple of downs years but will be in contention again in 2016.

no disrespect at all to the other teams in the east but SP had the easier road to cookeville than SP. UC was their biggest challenge in the playoffs. UC had to come from behind against Humboldt and had to hold off NCS to get there and was able to win against SP. So UC had the tougher road to travel and earned the Gold Ball this year. The point is at least this year; also adding Dresden; the west was the toughest in the state in 1A.