South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

To all of the South Pitt fans......great season.  It was fun...either way.  it was one of the best games other than Henry Co. / West game.  South Pitt always comes to play.  I know the weather wasn't the best and is meant to be played outside and in most kinds of weather but I like 50's and clear skys for no reasons to add to troubles in a win or loose game.  Your team will be back.  I hope we make it back next year but the game of luck and no injuries has a lot to do with things.   Take care and see ya next season.

And just what did I run my mouth about WC? Lets hear it big mouth

"If WC takes care of the football and don't turn it over they win it, if they start fumbling they lose, it's that simple. Ca can't stop WC run only WC can" your words. the fact you thought WC had any chance to compete in playoffs doesnt bode well for your football intellect.

"littledanteague" By the way...all of the "Private", "semi-private" school go beat I do believe....in the TSSAA finals....lol. GO PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

Don't waste your time man. This person whined about privates a week ago and now he/she is whining about this opened zone....which is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This person is just jealous of your success or anyone's success for that matter....hence why he was mad about privates before hand. People that are jealous are the biggest haters.

That's a false statement. I suggest you make a trip down and look at South Pittsburg's little leagues. It's the same kids all the way up through Jr High. Football is just all there is here. Rarely does any kid come from outside South Pittsburg or Kimball (which is town in between Jasper and South Pittsburg). Football players that go here leave and usually comeback then they have kids and those kids turn into football players. We just keep recycling. We have dry spells like everyone else but ours usually just last 2-3 years. Nobody would mention us and open zoning if Trousdale, Boyd and all the small privates were still in 1A. We are (no disrespect to Coalfield or Greenback) the last elephant in the room on the East so it makes us odds on favorite every year. Next couple years most consider SP to be empty so others will have there shot to start a run.

Reading your post and then another one that does say South Pittsburg gets people zoned from their own county.They may go to South Pittsburg as freshmen and live in Marion co or whereever but it is allowed but still happening at places like South Pittsburg,Alcoa,Maryville.Those schools like someone else said should maybe have to do like the privates.Have a plus system added on.Schools like Gleason,Lake Co etc have to play with the students in their county.No feeder schools.No schools really close .

Again, I never used the word transfer so you saying that you don't need transfers means you're arguing with yourself. I want some of the SP and non SP people to honestly answer a few questions for me. Im not implying anything, im just seriously curious.

1. What county is SP in?

2. How many high schools are in that county and which high schools are they?

3. Does that county allow open zoning.

And just for fun, id be interested in some people from other schools answering the questions and tell us where you're from.

This has been answered in different threads in different ways.  Pay attention.  The county is relatively large area wise but has only 28,000 people.  There are 4 H.S., 3 of which have a football team, SP, Marion County High (Jasper) and Whitwell.  Regarding #3, it doesn't allow open zoning in the way you think.  IF, there is space, a student can apply to go to that school and it has to be approved.  As far as the TSSAA is concerned, Marion County Schools have bus routes.  If a kid starts out as a Freshmen, there is no issue.  After that, they would have to set out a year.

Edited by mrbigster

Don't waste your time man. This person whined about privates a week ago and now he/she is whining about this opened zone....which is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This person is just jealous of your success or anyone's success for that matter....hence why he was mad about privates before hand. People that are jealous are the biggest haters.

Thanks....I have not been following his post.  I just happen to see where he made comments towards my friend and I had enough.  I will let him run his mouth and I will laugh.  prob a kid or someone who doesn't have kids in school .  Thanks again wildcatalumni..

"If WC takes care of the football and don't turn it over they win it, if they start fumbling they lose, it's that simple. Ca can't stop WC run only WC can" your words. the fact you thought WC had any chance to compete in playoffs doesnt bode well for your football intellect.

My football intellect is just fine but I'm not always right. I'm also not on here bashing other schools or players, I just like high school football and yes I do think there needs to be a split between publics and privates but that's just my opinion. You have been on here running your mouth to a group that just won gold and are trying to celebrate! There's no place on these boards for a idiot like you so go to bed young man and let UC have their moment! Edited by wildcat89

I started reading your post and just quit.  What a freakin JOKE.  let me tell you something...you want to talk this crap about zoning...take Henry co dude....1 high school....just one.  Go pick on someone else that won a GOLD Ball....oh...I'm sorry...your little team didn't win...!!!!    Well...you may need to ask that for Christmas for next year.  Henry Co only has two schools that cover k-8....and for that matter...have a 9th grade school just for 9th graders.  Take you trash and carry it to the dump.  I stand beside anyone who wants to bash our school because when you do, you bash my kid when they help make the system up and then when someone bashes my kid...they bash me.  Go write your trash on another post.  This my friend is a post about the NEW Class A Champions and the team they played.  Go bark up someone elses tree and Bigswo...he is the man..knows his stuff and never post trash.  he backs his facts.  I...I may put a little trash on here from time to time but all in fun.  So very sorry there are folks like you in the world who do not know their facts and their statements.  Rest well...we will our team won the GOLD and is now in our town.  You take care and enjoy reading this post.  Bigswo...when I started reading this freaks post...I had to respond.  Don't care where this started but this guy or whoever he is needs to carry his trash somewhere else. 

As I have said before bigdan, you are mistaken.  

37 on UCHS football team

32 of these boys have been in the Union City School System since Kindergarten - the juniors on the team have played together since the 3rd grade in the Jr Tornado Football program - they were undefeated.  They were also undefeated at UCMS their 8th grade year

That leaves 5......

2 of those began school in 6th grade at UCMS because they moved to UC from out of state

3 came to UCHS as freshmen from OC schools - one is a freshman now....the other 2 are juniors

So this means 1 student on the team roster this year transferred to UC from OC........  ONE....

Numerous UC students have transferred to OC.....More transfer to OC than those that transfer to UC. The MAIN reason students transfer is due to our academics.  We have a successful magnet program at our school and offer AP courses.  

Everytime you post something about our school cheating or that we steer students to us for football is ridiculous.  In all honesty, the more you say, the more stupid you look.  

Bottom line - you have said UC would lose the past couple of weeks and we proved you wrong.  Our team is good and you know they are.  You are thinking of every reason to not eat the crow you so rightfully deserve.  You know nothing about UC except for the fact that we stomped your behind.  

hey bigdan, you're a Houston County fan, right?  Does Houston County have open zone?  Essentially the whole county is an open zone, because it only has 1 school system (just like Henry County on the other side of the river from you)  Essentially the school has the whole county to chose for who is on their teams.  I mean, you don't have to compete against other schools right.  Even with that advantage, the mighty  Houston County fighting Irish had a stellar year in football, and now basketball as well.  If Henry County can be successful and win a state championship, why can't Houston County with the same situation.  I'm sure there will be another excuse and smart response.  Ole Big Dan, where art thou? 

houston co has 1 school when the enrollment is added they were determined to be a 2a school.  thats because the population is such that they only have enough students to qualify as 2a.  unlike obion co where the population supports 3 schools one that is 4a.  this allows UC to select football players from all over co but remain in 1A.  Henry co has a much larger population than houston so more kids . surely you understand the basic math involved in determing which classification you are in.  i dont think i have exposed some grand secret of the open zone advantage.  it has been debated for years.  i just mentioned it and the tempers flared.  be glad you have this advantage. i dont have to like it or think its the right.  houston co is not very good at anything but we have none of the advantages open zone affords.  

houston co has 1 school when the enrollment is added they were determined to be a 2a school.  thats because the population is such that they only have enough students to qualify as 2a.  unlike obion co where the population supports 3 schools one that is 4a.  this allows UC to select football players from all over co but remain in 1A.  Henry co has a much larger population than houston so more kids . surely you understand the basic math involved in determing which classification you are in.  i dont think i have exposed some grand secret of the open zone advantage.  it has been debated for years.  i just mentioned it and the tempers flared.  be glad you have this advantage. i dont have to like it or think its the right.  houston co is not very good at anything but we have none of the advantages open zone affords.  

As I have said before bigdan, you are mistaken.  

37 on UCHS football team this year

32 of these boys have been in the Union City School System since Kindergarten - the juniors on the team have played together since the 3rd grade in the Jr Tornado Football program - they were undefeated.  They were also undefeated at UCMS their 8th grade year

That leaves 5......

2 of those began school in 6th grade at UCMS because they moved to UC from out of state

That leaves 3....

3 came to UCHS as freshmen from OC schools - one is a freshman now....the other 2 are juniors

So this means 1 student on the team roster this year transferred to UC from OC........  ONE....

0 students transferred last year from OC to play football

Tempers flared because you are talking out of the side of your neck.

houston co has 1 school when the enrollment is added they were determined to be a 2a school. thats because the population is such that they only have enough students to qualify as 2a. unlike obion co where the population supports 3 schools one that is 4a. this allows UC to select football players from all over co but remain in 1A. Henry co has a much larger population than houston so more kids . surely you understand the basic math involved in determing which classification you are in. i dont think i have exposed some grand secret of the open zone advantage. it has been debated for years. i just mentioned it and the tempers flared. be glad you have this advantage. i dont have to like it or think its the right. houston co is not very good at anything but we have none of the advantages open zone affords.

So your saying they're open zoned but let only football players enroll in their school so they can stay 1A? Do they limit the amount of children being born in UC to keep their enrollment down to. Edited by horse
  • Upvote 1

Do want to clarify about my post.Not directed toward South Pittsburg or Union city.I know Union city has lost some students to Obion central and South Fulton.I also know Union city has gotten two brothers in the Lewis kids from South Fulton the past year or so.I really dont mind that.at least it's the same county.Same maybe with South Pittsburg if they are getting players from their own county..I'd rather kids go to schools to which they are zoned even if they are in the same county unless a move is made.What I'm basically against is letting kids come from out of stste to play.Like maybe someone from North Carolina that maybe comes to Alcoa  unless a move is made.Someone coming from Caruthersville Missouri,only about 15 minutes from the Tenn line and about 30 minutes from dyer co to play at dyer co.Or Wayne Co students going to Lewis co and especially Lake Co students going to dyer Co when they wont even let Dyersburg kids do the same and they are in the same county.Bottom line..If you are not in that county,not be allowed to attend,even as a freshman unless a move is made.