HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

Good lord Oldhick you really crack me up sometimes ... lol Maryville didn't need any luck this year to beat Alcoa ... 

I wish some of our fans didn't see the need to put Hendersonville down , I don't agree with that at all . When you put your opponent down all you're doing is diminishing your Accomplishment ... didn't the Coaches teach you that when you Played for Maryville ? My Coaches Did , they taught us to win and Lose with Class . 

Sorry Pep, I never have put Hendersonville down.  Tremendous run for them. I went to school there. Proud of what they accomplished. 

As to Alcoa, obviously Maryville was better this year.  Just thought we should give our county brothers some props.  So many guage our programs (Maryville and Alcoa) based on what we do against each other early in the year.  I just thought their win and the way they won (conditions they played in) against CPA was in my mind more impressive than our win over H'ville.  To me, the Rebels win over Blackman was a much more impressive win than the champioship game.  Any way we both have another  Championship trophy in the case and looking forward to another fun battle of Pistol Creek.  Which I confidently expect the Rebels to win.

Hey Oldchick......I bet Hammontree would be happy just to recruit back his own stud players that reside at Alcoa.

I guess if he was able to lock down his zone, he would draw from Maryville and Alcoa.  He has got the participation numbers up.  If he could recruit a few frustrated players that are currently in back-up rolls.  On occasion (not pointing out anyone in particular or implying recruiting) players have changed schools.  If I am Hammondtree, I am telling kids, "you can start here!"

With GQ it would be great if we just created Maryville High School / Junior College and he can just stay here with all his staff and maybe many players staying a couple more years.  Form a young coaches training program.  National Super Power High School/JUCO feeder program with our own TV Contract.  Don't have to recruit, they come to you.  Best of all, GQ and family stay here and we get to watch Championship Football for a long-time.

Congrats to Maryville, every bit as good as advertised. In over 20 years of following the Commandos the best team we have played.

Huge statement there. I know that Hendersonville played Oakland in 1998 for the 5A Title. I know that Hendersonville played Riverdale for the 2001 Title. I know Hendersonville played Columbia for the 5A Title in 2010. I also know Hendersonville played Beech in 2009 and 2012 when they won Titles. I consider them really good teams.

Huge statement there. I know that Hendersonville played Oakland in 1998 for the 5A Title. I know that Hendersonville played Riverdale for the 2001 Title. I know Hendersonville played Columbia for the 5A Title in 2010. I also know Hendersonville played Beech in 2009 and 2012 when they won Titles. I consider them really good teams.

Gooder point RR...And thanks fer tha kudos Mondo44.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

These guys count it for what it's worth....

www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_maryville2000.htm

Since I run the site referenced above, now may be a good time for me to mention the replacement site I am creating, Tennessee Prep Football Database (http://www.tennprepdb.com/index.aspx). I've had it up and running for more than a year now but haven't really promoted it because it's a painstaking task to get everything transferred over that will take me well into 2014 to get it to a level where it's informational for all schools, not just a few. So, while I know the hsfdatabase site is behind, rest assured that a bigger, better, and more current product is in the works. It's just hard to get done when it's one person doing all of the coding and website maintenance and one of very few doing the research.

Nevertheless, to address the question at hand, the new Tennessee Prep Football Database site does have all championships updated, to the best I know them and/or they have been conveyed to me. And yes, Maryville's '64 AP title has long been on the list:

Playoff Era Titles: http://www.tennprepdb.com/champions.aspx

Media (Litkenhous/AP/UPI) Titles: http://www.tennprepdb.com/championsmedia.aspx

Claimed Titles (Pre-1941): http://www.tennprepdb.com/championsclaimed.aspx

I know that latter list of claimed titles is one of debate, but if I include one, I have to include them all. Personally, I'd rather not show them at all, but there's always a person or two out there that will pee and moan if I don't show them (the "can't please everyone" theory). The Media list is sometimes a point of contention as well, but they are based on real polls/ratings - just like the BCS in the NCAA, where champions currently don't win in a true playoff system - so there's an uproar if I don't show those as well.

Anyway, thought I would throw all that out there now. I know people still use the hsfdatabase site, but I am trying to raise awareness of the new site I'm creating as that's where all the data will reside by the end of 2014.

And congrats to the Rebels - it really is impressive stuff what you're doing. I was driving around in Nashville this past Sunday night and caught an evening radio show that had Quarles on it being interviewed at a local restaurant in Alcoa (why I was catching that show in Nashville, I do not know). That's the first time I ever heard him talk at length, and it genuinely was entertaining - everything from talking about his early morning post-game celebration (meal at Waffle House with the staff) up to his knowledge about the game. One of the interviewers asked him about transferring the coaching concept from high school to college - he brought up Gerry Faust, who left a successful Moeller (OH) program in the early 1980s to jump to Notre Dame. This story isn't exactly an unknown, although it may be to most of the teens and 20-somethings on this board, but his talking about that and references he made to various offensive sets/schemes and when they were created/deployed over the years was impressive. Dude knows his stuff, obviously.

Edited by rollredroll

Since I run the site referenced above, now may be a good time for me to mention the replacement site I am creating, Tennessee Prep Football Database (http://www.tennprepdb.com/index.aspx). I've had it up and running for more than a year now but haven't really promoted it because it's a painstaking task to get everything transferred over that will take me well into 2014 to get it to a level where it's informational for all schools, not just a few. So, while I know the hsfdatabase site is behind, rest assured that a bigger, better, and more current product is in the works. It's just hard to get done when it's one person doing all of the coding and website maintenance and one of very few doing the research.

Nevertheless, to address the question at hand, the new Tennessee Prep Football Database site does have all championships updated, to the best I know them and/or they have been conveyed to me. And yes, Maryville's '64 AP title has long been on the list:

I know that latter list of claimed titles is one of debate, but if I include one, I have to include them all. Personally, I'd rather not show them at all, but there's always a person or two out there that will pee and moan if I don't show them (the "can't please everyone" theory). The Media list is sometimes a point of contention as well, but they are based on real polls/ratings - just like the BCS in the NCAA, where champions currently don't win in a true playoff system - so there's an uproar if I don't show those as well.

Anyway, thought I would throw all that out there now. I know people still use the hsfdatabase site, but I am trying to raise awareness of the new site I'm creating as that's where all the data will reside by the end of 2014.

And congrats to the Rebels - it really is impressive stuff what you're doing. I was driving around in Nashville this past Sunday night and caught an evening radio show that had Quarles on it being interviewed at a local restaurant in Alcoa (why I was catching that show in Nashville, I do not know). That's the first time I ever heard him talk at length, and it genuinely was entertaining - everything from talking about his early morning post-game celebration (meal at Waffle House with the staff) up to his knowledge about the game. One of the interviewers asked him about transferring the coaching concept from high school to college - he brought up Gerry Faust, who left a successful Moeller (OH) program in the early 1980s to jump to Notre Dame. This story isn't exactly an unknown, although it may be to most of the teens and 20-somethings on this board, but his talking about that and references he made to various offensive sets/schemes and when they were created/deployed over the years was impressive. Dude knows his stuff, obviously.

rollredroll.......Thanks for the compliments and continued success with your database.....I look at it often and am amazed at the information and the dedication you've put into your site....Thanks again.... :thumb:

Rollredroll you are probably the best asset on CoachT ... Thank you so much for what you do , I've had your site bookmarked for years and still use it all the time , I feel like I owe you money to be honest . I'll now bookmark the new site and I do truly appreciate all you do . 

I'd love it if Maryville was to start playing some real games with all you guys ... it looks like if we keep winning the same guys that eliminated all of you guys will be after us next ... so who knows , we may all be one big happy Family before too long !! lol 

Yeah that website is awesome for sure Pep. I got on there and couldn't pry myself away for bout an hour. Anyway want to give congrats out to those Maryville kids on a great season. A lot of times people forget these guys are very young and for the Seniors, what a way to go out State Champs! Anyways hats off to Maryville from Kingsport. You know the haters are always gonna hate.

Yeah that website is awesome for sure Pep. I got on there and couldn't pry myself away for bout an hour. Anyway want to give congrats out to those Maryville kids on a great season. A lot of times people forget these guys are very young and for the Seniors, what a way to go out State Champs! Anyways hats off to Maryville from Kingsport. You know the haters are always gonna hate.

Yes it is Awesome , I can't imagine how much time he has probably put into that . I've been enjoying it for years and after looking at his new site , WOW !! Great stuff for any Tennessee High School Football fan !!

Thanks for your Congrats and yes , just like all the Haters that you all have to deal with every year , we're pretty used to it . Branding an L on so many butts always brings out the Haters doesn't it !! lol 

Hope Kingsport DB has a great year next year , would be nice to hook up with you all again come Playoff time !!

I enjoyed it so much I looked into our history and found things that most people don't realize and I also feel like I owed this guy for the info he has shared with us. I took a little time during the slow work season and did a lot of research going through the old papers and I have sent some of this information to our friend during that time. I have much more information to send also . It would be great if every community had a group that could help gather this information before it's lost forever. this site has been a Godsend. Thanks so much for your hard work.