HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

No vote was solicited or needed or can take any of those 666 points out of the record book. They could have scored over 700 if they'd wanted to. You are entitled to an opinion and debate it with one another or whatever you want. It won't change the fact that the 2013 Rebels broke the scoring record at Maryville High School and did what NO other offense had ever done (it's comical thinking back how several doubted them prior to the season, particularly at QB). The dogs were called off early and often. The bar was raised this year and those points were earned and it will be recorded as such. 

Them chains were moved more this year than any year at MHS.

Edited by Pancakes

Congrats to maryville. You guys have proven once again that you are the best team in the state regardless of classification. Class program top to bottom. On to next year. I can only imagine how good that team will be next year with all of the returning starters. Time to start defending your weak schedule full of cupcakes. Now where did I put my 7AAA/SEC cool aid stained t-shirt.

Congrats to maryville. You guys have proven once again that you are the best team in the state regardless of classification. Class program top to bottom. On to next year. I can only imagine how good that team will be next year with all of the returning starters. Time to start defending your weak schedule full of cupcakes. Now where did I put my 7AAA/SEC cool aid stained t-shirt.

Going to be honest with you about those cupcakes. I believe in my heart if you had the best ten football teams in Tennessee three of those teams were Alcoa, Sevier County and Knox West. I would bet my life any of those three would have won against Hendersonville Saturday Night and I'm not taking anything away from the Comandoes but we played three better teams this year and we know it.

Going to be honest with you about those cupcakes. I believe in my heart if you had the best ten football teams in Tennessee three of those teams were Alcoa, Sevier County and Knox West. I would bet my life any of those three would have won against Hendersonville Saturday Night and I'm not taking anything away from the Comandoes but we played three better teams this year and we know it.

Sevier Co ? I think Webb was better , JMO though . I guess the beginning of the " IFL "  getting ready to start , maybe instead of having Carrie Underwood singing the opening Promo , we Could have Momma Starz belt out a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T !!!

Speaking of the IFL , at the end of the broadcast of the Maryville vs Hendersonville game they put up a list of overall Football State Titles called Circle of Champions ... my question is ... why is Maryville's title from 1964 not counted but other team's titles from before 1969 are ? the list shows 

Maryville - 14 

Alcoa -       13 

BA     -       10

Trousdale co- 9

Dobyns Bennett - 9 

MBA  -       9

WEBB -      7

Oak Ridge -7

Just looking at this list I see a whole bunch of pre 1969 titles ( the Original IFL !! )  :mrgreen: I say we make that 14 a 15 ...

Speaking of the IFL , at the end of the broadcast of the Maryville vs Hendersonville game they put up a list of overall Football State Titles called Circle of Champions ... my question is ... why is Maryville's title from 1964 not counted but other team's titles from before 1969 are ? the list shows 

Maryville - 14 

Alcoa -       13 

BA     -       10

Trousdale co- 9

Dobyns Bennett - 9 

MBA  -       9

WEBB -      7

Oak Ridge -7

Just looking at this list I see a whole bunch of pre 1969 titles ( the Original IFL !! )  :mrgreen: I say we make that 14 a 15 ...

Not sure why it was wasn't counted, but it should be eventhough it was before the TSSAA was formed......Hmmm, 15-0 season with State Championship #15.......I dunno?.... Oh and Momma Stars singing would be fantastic, however you should hear Stars singing "Amazing Grace" in church on Sundays....sounds pretty good for an old feller..........RP............

Not sure why it was wasn't counted, but it should be eventhough it was before the TSSAA was formed......Hmmm, 15-0 season with State Championship #15.......I dunno?.... Oh and Momma Stars singing would be fantastic, however you should hear Stars singing "Amazing Grace" in church on Sundays....sounds pretty good for an old feller..........RP............

Starz was definitely blessed with a lot of Abilities . Ciferin & Sangin being just a couple of Thangs Starz does well , but when George won #200 this year at Lenoir City we also Learned that he was a " Hi Tech RedNeck " with the #200 sign lit up like Broadway !!

Maryville - 14 

Alcoa -       13 

BA     -       10

Trousdale co- 9

Dobyns Bennett - 9 

MBA  -       9

WEBB -      7

Oak Ridge -7

The first gold ball in the endzone is for '64. I agree Pep, some of the schools on the list haven't won anything since 1969.