HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

The guy that cuts my hair informed last week when I went to get a haircut that if someone dug deep into the Maryville Program you would find the dirt because no team can win like that for such a long time unless there aren't illegal things happening behind the scenes. He also informed me that he would like to be a fly on the wall when all of this eventually breaks and they find out how Maryville is really winning. These are some of the funny things people will say that have no clue what their talking about. When I left there I just laughed about it and moved that story into my top ten for the year just waiting for the next good one to be told.

Really? What a crock! So you watch a game played out in front of 3-4000 people once a week then the team plays a State Championship in front of 14000 people and broadcast across the state on TV, and Maryville is somehow pulling a fast one??

What a crock.

they keep winning cause they got a great coaching staff!

That is true but maybe it's also because Maryville's kids are actually more athletic than most other teams players. Or just out play and out work the other teams. Or are as fast or just as big as any other teams students?

It really gets old that many just think it's all coaching for the reason for Maryville's Historical Success. Once and a whole ya just gotta give the kids some credit.

SX...since your son was a Freshman starter you are most likely looking at the Schedule "A" block of houses that reside in Cross Creek and have a minimum of 4 bedrooms and a full size pool.

Since I was a scrub according to many accounts, as well as an Everett Hillian, I had to help buy one to get my son on the field.

Vote Yes!!

I didn't know some players parents had homes purchased because they had great players for sons. I feel ripped off. Two of my sons were 2year starters back in 03-05. Are there funds for guys like me who's boys have graduated? I need a new garage door.

Congratulations Red Rebels!!!! The drive back to East TN was much more enjoyable this year!! Thanks to the McCoys!!! Saw them at Longhorn Steak and they gave me a free ticket!! Always loved coaching Cody & Dane!! It was nice to see Jay Malone, too! Dunno how this team will compare with other Murvil teams-they showed all year that they were on a mission-hard to argue against 15-0 tho!!! Hope everybody has a Blessed Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

Congratulations Red Rebels!!!! The drive back to East TN was much more enjoyable this year!! Thanks to the McCoys!!! Saw them at Longhorn Steak and they gave me a free ticket!! Always loved coaching Cody & Dane!! It was nice to see Jay Malone, too! Dunno how this team will compare with other Murvil teams-they showed all year that they were on a mission-hard to argue against 15-0 tho!!! Hope everybody has a Blessed Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

I could hear "move-dem-chains" real well at the Skeeter West. Coach Spanky was on the row in front of me about 5 seats over. I also heard some keys jingling.

Like coachspanky, who hung with us for a while at the game, we got in free too. We wanted to see a real game but had no illusions of that happening and knew Blackman was our State (BTW Bowling Green won state in KY/44 game win streak).

The 6A game went exactly as anyone who knows anything about football thought it would and became the most lopsided title game we've had and that is hard to sit through when its so frigid. Heck, Taylor Swift didn't even show up to support her H.S. after making millions writing  songs about how every boy there did her wrong haha...Commandos were wading in the deep part of the pool and sunk.

Finally great to see Garrett get his props. A baby faced killa and on every level coming up has played like he did this year. The most cool and calm qb Maryville has ever had. Check out the first scoring play, two blocks were missed, he backpedals 10 yards and it looks for certain he'll take a sack as he's under duress and then he does his thing, works his magic, stays calm, hits Prevo and turns a broken play into a 50 yard score. That play epitomizes John Garret. He made this team go all year, when a play would break down he improvised and his numbers are as good as any D1 prospect. A point guard of the grid iron!

2013 will go down as the best offense ever, mostly due to the big three of Garrett, Prevo and Carroll. They did it on every level and were great competitors. They were going to get theirs, not in a selfish way but they were showtime all the time. With some players, if they were on the field, it was automatic you knew the job was going to be done and going to be done with an exclamation point without all the rah rah crap. #55 was one of those players. Mr., you played like a man this year. I wish #60 could have been healthy to go out bulldozing the defense beside you and fans had got to see that kind of domination the whole season. A great year.

As far as best defense, the 2011 class set that bar so high that  future classes will have to aim for that level of perfection. Those players/men played unlike any other to date. Men.

Maryville was long overdue to get an easy team as an opponent for state after who they played this year and all other years in 6A.

Really great to see my buddy Stokes I grew up with from Fulton and his son go out as a State Champion also. Time to move on to bigger and better things.