HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

Guest randy72

Maryville reminds me of Shelbyville girls basketball in the 80's and 90's. Everybody wondered how they  didit  every year. George Quarles is a great coach, but he gets help with transfers from other schools, just like Gary Rankin does.

I understand but don't put up a barbed wire fence along the way. It becomes an eyesore.

I didn't send a bunch of silly kids over there with that flag, I just came to watch a good ballgame. I could care less what actions that would have happened to someone that went to the other side with a flag because they deserved what they got.  Personally had I been a cop I would have sent them on to the parking lot before they got to the other side and that would be that.  Now the band playing that stupid long drawn out  getto music every time we had the ball was with the blessing of an adult which would have been the music director of the school. Had I been a ref I would stop that crap in it's tracks.  Every year we have to go listen to that crap from one of those Memphis Schools but I didn't expect that from Hendersonville. 

Congrats Maryville! I don't know what went on in the stands, but I know that football team is first class. I would love to be able to play you guys, but I can honestly say that you guys may have finished the season as the best in the state! Believe me, there will always be people who say you don't do it the right way, but those are probably the ones that lost to you. You worked hard and you deserve it!

Dear Lord should have known this thread would have sunk to this when I got up this morning, tired rationalizations for our success, lack of class blah blah. Going for it on fourth down? Lack of class for that?? We scored ONE touchdown in the second half, and do you think that is because H-ville adjusted and shut us down?? Geez when the ball got inside the five we ran the same dive play four times which is equal to taking a knee. Yes, our coach has class, and that is why the score was not close to doubled. 

Congratulations to our players, staff, and the entire school and community! Proud for all of us.

See in you in church Murvil Drummer. 

Congratulations to Hendersonville on a great season. Your fans were great! They supported their team throughout the night. The players and coaches showed a lot of class. Your community obviously has a lot of pride in the accomplishments of this team...and they should. I loved the trophy presentation for HHS....that was a good demonstration of what high school sports is supposed to be about.

Rebels, congratulations on winning another Gold Ball and making a place for yourselves in a Rebel History. This was a special team. These guys have improved more than any team I can remember since the pre season scrimmages. Ensworth showed us our many shortcomings and these guys worked their tails off to make adjustments and get better. Thank you to our seniors and good luck with your future endeavors. The work ethic that you have learned as a Rebel will carry you throughout your lives. Lastly, thank you GQ and staff, what an incredible group of men. Thank you for the influence you have on these young men.

Don't worry Chief...maybe some day you and your chicken, demeaning nickname having, corndog eating Loudon Redskins will make it to a championship game and you can sit on the home side....

But then again, probably not.

Cry on, Chief... Cry on.crying-indian.gif

Hey painted ledge,

We have won our 3 and we won the first one too (had to beat Maryville to get there). lol BTW keep living your non-little athletic existence thru your recruiting 2a legendary football team. Hey I bet you played good waterboy there bobby booshay.lol