HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

I remember so well back in 2000 when we went to the State with four loses and I'm sure Memphis East had to think all they had to do was just show up and pick up the trophy. I'm also sure when they looked at our schedule and saw Heritage beat the crap out of us 28-0 and we just slid past Hixson in the first round 24-21 the same thing we're thinking about Hendersonville. I remember talking to one of the coaches that week at the Ford dealership and his very words were I hope we can hold it respectable because they had speed we have never seen before. Well friends it snowed just enough to make the field slicker than owl s*** that they couldn't cut or turn the corners on us. If ever a miracle on earth ever happened in my lifetime that would be one of them but we also came to play because they just showed up for the trophy. I'm sure G.Q. will have us ready but don't ever underestimate any team in the championship game because there is a reason they are there. 

GQ & CO will never underestimate anyone and you should know that Barney.

PA; Hendersonville fans and the team expect to beat Maryville. They know they are playing a good team with a very good coaching staff. They wont consider it an upset if they win the championship.

They would consider it an upset if Maryville beats them. They believe in themselves.

Do you have the point spread bigger than what Starz has ? I guess I just hope we don't get embarrassed . 

They think they will be playing a "good" team when in truth 2013 Maryville is a great team. Big difference. The defense last year was one of the weakest ever, not this year. Not Dodson or anybody else would run through this D like last year. Last year's offense was the highest scoring Maryville offense ever but this year's O has scored more points. The numbers are staggering.

Few people have even mentioned being concerned about our QB when his numbers, not to mention his leadership, is as good if not better than any other QB in the state. It would be interesting to compare his stats to a bunch of the D1 prospects or "Mr. Football" candidates. If anyone deserved a Mr. Football award for what they EARNED on the field, not how tall they were, or what they weighed or how many camps they went to, it is him.

There is not a better leader or competitor playing at state all of this week on any team. He has been Maryville's MVP all year. Teams trying to rattle him have failed. He's over 2000 yards passing, around 1000 yards rushing, with only 1 interception and when a big play was needed he always delivered. He will rip your heart out methodically play by play and get the win. A baby faced killa.... :)

This team has a good memory and a lot of these players, their friends, siblings etc. got hosed last year. If anybody thinks anyone has forgotten, tune in tomorrow.  No team had scored a single touchdown on Blackmans starters in these playoffs. They had a 10 sack DE, which is about 8 more sacks than our best DE's total, teamed with the strongest and quickest linebackers around and with GRITTY disciplined linemen. Yet, Maryville scored 4 TD's on them.

The Kentucky team that got them by 1 point is undefeated still and has been for 40+ games and is playing for a State Title tomorrow and looking to keep the #8 ranking for nations longest winning streak. Tomorrow has been a long time in the making for a focused Maryville squad.

Few people have even mentioned being concerned about our QB when his numbers, not to mention his leadership, is as good if not better than any other QB in the state. It would be interesting to compare his stats to a bunch of the D1 prospects or "Mr. Football" candidates. If anyone deserved a Mr. Football award for what they EARNED on the field, not how tall they were, or what they weighed or how many camps they went to, it is him.

There is not a better leader or competitor playing at state all of this week on any team. He has been Maryville's MVP all year. Teams trying to rattle him have failed. He's over 2000 yards passing, around 1000 yards rushing, with only 1 interception and when a big play was needed he always delivered. He will rip your heart out methodically play by play and get the win. A baby faced killa.... :)

John Garrett has Amazed me this year , he is a Gamer buddy , the Kid deserves so much more recognition than he has gotten . It really is a Shame that our Local Media is So Clueless about what a Great Job this kid has done this year . 

ND, Whitehavem threw the ball maybe 6-7 times. A couple deep throws; but Dodson was the offense.

I don't expect that they will let Prevo beat them on returns.

This should be one great game!

In the return game Hville faced both Josh Malone (twice) and Vic Wharton and out of 13 kickoffs kicked 1 time to Malone and zero times to Wharton. Prevo is in the same class so no kicks to him. Taking height, weight, and star rating out of it and based only on stats why was Garrett not at least a Mr Football finalist?

Well so far this GOOD Maryville team has had 2 of their opponents they defeated , win State Championship Games , and West is up 14-0 with 6 min left in first half . 3 Potential State Champ opponents ... well we still have a Cupcake Schedule I guess , and we're just a GOOD team .... ( Nobody needs to freak out , I am just joking around , plus Henry Co. may make a comeback yet . )