No Privates Left in Playoffs

slimshady

Private Schools aren't perfect but when you Public Schools took Jesus out well that was the best recruiting tool there is!!! By the Way there are 2 Private schools still in the State Championship Games.Alcoa and Maryville.There is not a Private School in the State who can recruit any better than those 2 Brentwood Acadamy and Ensworth included.I get tired of reading this garbage.I heard a famous Coach from a small East Tennessee School sit there and cry and tell my friends how this private school and that one recruit and cheat lol yet while he was at Anderson.Co and taking all the good players from Campbell.Co that was ok!!!!

Thats about the most foolish thing ive ever heard on here. Public schools didn't take jesus out ..the politicians that the weak minded , afraid someone might hurt their feelings cause they have a disagreement libtards voted for did that.

Thats about the most foolish thing ive ever heard on here. Public schools didn't take jesus out ..the politicians that the weak minded , afraid someone might hurt their feelings cause they have a disagreement libtards voted for did that.

Nobody didn't take Jesus out of anywhere.They don't have that type of power.True Christians will serve God regardless of where they are or who tells them they can't. As far as I'm concerned ,the word Christian is used away to loosely anyway.Tons of people goes to Christian schools and even churches and fall short of being a Christian. Its just not that easy. Get REAL

There is a very active FCA here, likely the same in most other public schools, and many students are very active in their church activities. In addition, the service work organized by students benefits a ton of people who need some help, likely similar to work done all over the state. Some private schools make such activities known as another draw, but it happens all over. The public school students are not lacking by not going to private schools, just saving $7500 to $15000+ each year. As for academics, one student here, a junior, made a 36 on the ACT. Somehow he's managed to succeed.

I was talking more about the teams making the late rounds, and even though CPA is the only one left the private schools were still well represented with some narrow losses.

And what if all the privates in d2 were to jump back in here. A slew of them would still be in 2a. No THANKS.

And what if all the privates in d2 were to jump back in here. A slew of them would still be in 2a. No THANKS.

If the d2 privates moved back down I think there would be an enormous evacuation of public schools from TSSAA. I know it has been talked about before and I for one would love to see an EastTSSAA or any other organization to give TSSAA some sort of incentive to keep its member schools. Right now TSSAA does whatever makes the most $$ and if private schools make em money then they keep em around. If there was another organization for schools to join, the TSSAA wouldnt be able to strong arm them into being members and following there rules regardless.

A committee made up of ALL AD's and principals in the state should set down and make rules and bylaws for state highschool sports and the TSSAA should enforce those rules NOT make them. Uniform rules are a waste of time and $$ that small public schols dont have.TSSAA has a board member who owns and operates sporting goods and uniform distributors SOOOOOO new uni rules every 5 years or so. REDICULOUS!

Sorry got on my soap box and got off topic! The smallest % of schools that play ball by a longshot are the ABC privates. The largest % of schools in the later rounds of the playoffs were ABC privates and thats usually the case.

Edited by old24eagle

If the d2 privates moved back down I think there would be an enormous evacuation of public schools from TSSAA. I know it has been talked about before and I for one would love to see an EastTSSAA or any other organization to give TSSAA some sort of incentive to keep its member schools. Right now TSSAA does whatever makes the most $$ and if private schools make em money then they keep em around. If there was another organization for schools to join, the TSSAA wouldnt be able to strong arm them into being members and following there rules regardless.

A committee made up of ALL AD's and principals in the state should set down and make rules and bylaws for state highschool sports and the TSSAA should enforce those rules NOT make them. Uniform rules are a waste of time and $$ that small public schols dont have.TSSAA has a board member who owns and operates sporting goods and uniform distributors SOOOOOO new uni rules every 5 years or so. REDICULOUS!

Sorry got on my soap box and got off topic! The smallest % of schools that play ball by a longshot are the ABC privates. The largest % of schools in the later rounds of the playoffs were ABC privates and thats usually the case.

Oh .its deffineately about the money.

Don't be surprised if there is a mid-classification period, total split. The ruling allowing some schools to remain Class A even when multiplied may have been the last straw.

I think they knew what they were doing when they went to 6 classes. Thats what allowed these privates to stay right where they were. I agree that things may very well change after next season. Its well overdue.