No Privates Left in Playoffs

slimshady

Sure, or it could have had something to do with the fact that we had to try to tackle TKA's 6'3" 240 pound running back from nigeria all night. While being crackback blocked by another 6'2" 215 pound reciever. Both of which didnt play in 2012. That led to us having 16 healthy bodies to go at Unaka with. mostly back-ups too. Im sure you wouldnt understand that though since 75% of your male student body plays football and you always have at least 50 ball players. Try playing a season with 26!! a feew get hurt your screwed!

had 43 on this years roster and thats about a third of our male student body

Edited by skydogg25

Public schools don't have anything to offer like privates ! Not many people are not gonna move into a dead town with no jobs so there kid can play ball ! But most privates are in larger areas that offer more !

lets take adamsville for example Mcnairy county went to open enrollment and what happen????

all of a sudden a Adamsville team that was getting 4-5 wins a year starts going deep in playoffs all why Mcnairy Central a 7-8 win team a year falls back to winning 1-4 games a year....

How is this fair to teams that are not open enrollment schools???????

very true but when you see that even Crosby is 13-8 since 2001 against privates while only posting a 34-79 against publics during that span...it tells you some people just dont know the facts... I mean Crow you can knock us out if you want but it doesnt make it easier for yall to get deeper but maybe more difficult because now you will have SP to deal with....I tell you crow maybe we can have 72 divisions that way people can only play against the criteria their school is, that way everyone gets a medal :mrgreen:

Wouldn't like that either, I'm for all privates in D2 with 2 classifications and going back to 3 classifications in D1. Get rid of the district crap and the stupid Z plan and go back to region play. Top 4 from the 8 regions are in the rest play round ball. Tennessee gives out to many trophies now as it is. 8 state champions in 1 sport is ridiculous.

Edited by crow

Wouldn't like that either, I'm for all privates in D2 with 2 classifications and going back to 3 classifications in D1. Get rid of the district crap and the stupid Z plan and go back to region play. Top 4 from the 8 regions are in the rest play round ball. Tennessee gives out to many trophies now as it is. 8 state champions in 1 sport is ridiculous.

That route don't sound to bad Crow. Maybe even 4 classes for d1 and 2 for the abc.ers.

That route don't sound to bad Crow. Maybe even 4 classes for d1 and 2 for the abc.ers.

I think to keep the playoff eligible teams legit you'd be hard pressed to go much above 3 classes in my scenario. It'd be a tough road to gold but they'd mean that much more. My issues are not seated in not being able to win a championship, it's seated in uneven roads to get there.

I think to keep the playoff eligible teams legit you'd be hard pressed to go much above 3 classes in my scenario. It'd be a tough road to gold but they'd mean that much more. My issues are not seated in not being able to win a championship, it's seated in uneven roads to get there.

I'd be fine with it. You need to be a heck of a team to win State anyway. Onother thing is, that private league would be a goodun. Especially after they raped all the nearby public schools.

lets take adamsville for example Mcnairy county went to open enrollment and what happen????

all of a sudden a Adamsville team that was getting 4-5 wins a year starts going deep in playoffs all why Mcnairy Central a 7-8 win team a year falls back to winning 1-4 games a year....

How is this fair to teams that are not open enrollment schools???????

You need to get over it. Mcnairy central still gets the atheletes. Their problem is the parents want to determine who the starters and stars are. Hire a coach and let them do their job.

If all the privates went to DII, there would be enough teams for 3 private classes and 3 public classes, and you would have some really good match-ups in all 6 classes.

You need to get over it. Mcnairy central still gets the atheletes. Their problem is the parents want to determine who the starters and stars are. Hire a coach and let them do their job.

I'm not mad have nothing to do with either school in mcnairy county just saying people blast private schools but yet say nothing about open zoned schools... If you think adamsvilles recent success had nothing to do with being a open zoned school then you need to take them red glasses off

If there are that many communities in one county and theres 2 highschools there I would be willing to bet that there are WAAY more than 18,000 people there. Again not saying your a Giant metropolis but if you came to Cosby you would think you had went back in time! When I think rural I think farms, winding country roads with no red lights, no 2 story buildings except the rich country doctors house, and definately no McDonalds and wal-marts.

Clearly you didn't look at the names and locations of the communities.  Plus, Whitwell has a high school with a football program and is ~ 16 to 18 miles from SP for example.  Marion county is very rural in general.  Turns out the last census said there are 28,000 people in the County. 

The county is made up of 498.16 square miles with and average of 56.7 people per square mile.  Hamilton County where Chattanooga is located has, 620.3 people per square mile.  Sequatchie County to the north of Marion has 266 square miles of area with 53 people per square mile. 

I have been to Cosby.  #### County has 434 square miles and is almost as large as Marion.   With a population of 35,571, it has 82.1 people per square mile which about 25 more people per square mile!  It looks like you have 2 high schools.  Plus, you aren't far from Sevier County and Knoxville.