Farewell from Roy

Roy Dillard

Its got more like topix than a football message board and I know they try to keep it on topic but the ambassador has let this moderator stuff go to his head!

I have to agree with this.  The Ambassador is a good 'poster' and very knowledgeable about football state-wide, but if I have to pick between keeping him and Roy, I'd have to take Roy.  LOL!

Seriously, how about deleting the threads and posts that violate the rules, and let the other stuff be 'message board material'?  I have seen so much profanity, name calling and innuendo on here, but we can't even talk about a local story that has gone national and been on ESPN and Sports Illustrated.com? This is real stuff.  Come on Coach. 

Only 2 SP posters really possessed the ability to consistently rattle my cage. One was definitely Roy Dillard. I stopped letting him rattle me by simply not responding to his posts. However, the more you read his ramblings the more you understood that he was just an avid fan who was doing what he could to keep the opposition stirred up. The other one you all know is Old Pirate. We've had more than one public feud and a few private ones before he let his Plus Membership expire. In the end, OP too was just doing what he could to shake up his kinfolk up next to the courthouse. I'm stating now that I am willing to burry the hatchet with both of these guys and move on..

Tonight, I am following the lead of Roy Dillard and MCRoadWarrior and I am leaving CoachT for a while. After I submit this post, I will ask CoachT to remove my Mod status. The events of the past 3 or 4 weeks have worn on me emotionally. I am still trying to wrap my head around everything that has happened. What eats at me most is that I let my emotions get the best of me and acting on inaccurate and/or incomplete information, I proceeded to make a fool of myself on this site. In the end, I did the only thing that I could do, which is to admit that I was wrong and apologize for my actions. Still, I am ashamed that, as one who constantly tells my players not to let raw emotions affect what they do, I was unable to follow my own teachings... I'm human and as such am not perfect.

Roy and OP... If either of you would like to meet and personally burry the hatchet, I would be glad to do so. That goes for any poster on the T... I've never really hidden who I am so it's not hard to find me.

Guys and Gals, it's been a fun for many years. Good luck to the Pirates tomorrow... I hope to get to see this Gold Ball in that trophy case when we come to The Pitt in January... Goodnite.

I am trying to find better ways to do things. I would be the only moderator but I can't get to it all because, unbeknownst to many of you, there are other threads besides these and areas of this website that some of you have probably never even seen. For example, I am trying to follow 84 basketball games and two football games tonight.

Political correctness does not apply to me. I hate it. But, when someone contacts me and has retained a lawyer and threatens to sue if certain threads aren't deleted, I delete them. Do you really want to go to court and spend the money even if you are found not liable? Well, neither do I.

Also, if a coach contacts me and wants something deleted then I am likely to delete them. Why? These guys make a living working with kids every day. Every day! They don't need the distraction and hassle so, why not? They have enough to do without dealing with us.

This time of year, after teams lose and are no longer in the playoffs, are the worst. Fans who have posted good opinions all year suddenly change their personalities.

These boards would work great is everyone would self-police themselves. When you read a post that you know is out-of-line, let me know. Simple.

I hope Roy comes back. I know why and how he feels but I can't change the past.

I am trying to find better ways to do things. I would be the only moderator but I can't get to it all because, unbeknownst to many of you, there are other threads besides these and areas of this website that some of you have probably never even seen. For example, I am trying to follow 84 basketball games and two football games tonight.

Political correctness does not apply to me. I hate it. But, when someone contacts me and has retained a lawyer and threatens to sue if certain threads aren't deleted, I delete them. Do you really want to go to court and spend the money even if you are found not liable? Well, neither do I.

Also, if a coach contacts me and wants something deleted then I am likely to delete them. Why? These guys make a living working with kids every day. Every day! They don't need the distraction and hassle so, why not? They have enough to do without dealing with us.

This time of year, after teams lose and are no longer in the playoffs, are the worst. Fans who have posted good opinions all year suddenly change their personalities.

These boards would work great is everyone would self-police themselves. When you read a post that you know is out-of-line, let me know. Simple.

I hope Roy comes back. I know why and how he feels but I can't change the past.

Im not being disrespectful but you might want to start deleting posters instead of threads. I enjoy being able to get on here and talk football with people from the whole state.

Old Pirate posted on an earlier thread that was......yep deleted. OP stated there of OP's intentions of leaving coacht for an undetermined amount of time. OP received a call about the departure of Roy and several more and curiosity took over. That said OP is in agreement with others regarding what has become what folkes can easily relate to as speed traps for speeding. Threads that are deemed cluttering up the boards, examples: The Best Top 10 RBs in South Pittsburg History. The current youngons want to know who they are and how fans compare them to the great ones or if they fall short. Typically weekly threads become redundant and any attempt to expand the discussion are mostly criticized or deleted. Originally posters were told to talk strolls down memory lane elsewhere. Fellers every second of every day is only a memory but somewhere a deputy is lurking to give you a ticket (warning) or throw you in jail (hole). As all know the Jasper mess received national attention yet here it is taboo. Old Pirate says the cage rattling has always been done to enhance the competion while mostly in fun. TTP posted OP wanted to bury the Warrior football program which any functional/competent skillet head would know is nothing near the truth. As for Purple Grad, OP is happy and tickled pink you acknowledged OP did such good job on you. That compliment is worth a million slaps on the back. That said, OP never had a hatchet out, those are carried by Warriors! As earlier posted, OP will step away from coacht for now but wants to tell all the youngons to keep dreaming and making memories and learn from the coacht website that the adults are the ones that mess things up! Hopefully there is lesson here too! Old Pirate has left the site!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

In response to:

Im not being disrespectful but you might want to start deleting posters instead of threads. I enjoy being able to get on here and talk football with people from the whole state.

There are reasons and, if we were sitting together at lunch (and I like to eat), I could explain most of them to you. Not going to explain them here, publicly, though. Lets just suffice it to say that we have, by the thousands, but that fails to solve individual problems that arise. I try to find other ways to fix problems and only ban people as a last resort but, if necessary, I do not hesitate to do so.

Wow.  I can't believe people take it that seriously to threaten to sue over a message board...  I guess I now understand why you took down the threads.  

Pretty sad that it has come to that, and we are losing good posters too.