District 11AA 2014

alltime

Lewis County 3-0 has played two 1A schools with a combined record of 1-7 and East Hickman 0-3.

Camden 4-0 has played three 3A schools with a combined record of 3-8 and a winless 2A school.  The game is in Camden and I pick them to win based on home field and competition played this year.

East Hickman 0-3 has played Lewis County and Camden pretty close this year, but White House Heritage not so close.

Hickman County 3-0 has played a good 1A team (3-1) and two 3A schools with a combined record of 3-5. They seem to be playing pretty good and the game is in Centerville.  I pick Hickman County to win.

CreekWood 2-2 has lost to Dickson County (Dickson’s only win) and Hickman County.  They won against a winless Cheatham County and Fairview.  They seem to be playing pretty good too.

Waverly 3-0 has played a winless 1A school, a winless 2A school and Stewart County.  They have been able to score a lot of points and hold the other teams to a few.  Game is in Waverly and I pick them to win.

Montgomery Central 1-3 has lost to Camden, Hickman County, and Harpeth with a combined record of 10-1.  Their win is against Clarksville Academy.  They have lost to 3 pretty good teams so far but I bet got some good experience from it.

Fairview 2-2 has lost to Camden and East Hickman.  They have beaten a winless Cheatham County and Stewart County.  The game is in Fairview but I don’t know if that will matter.  My gut says go with Montgomery Central.

Prayers for all the young men playing and fans traveling.

Lewis County 3-0 has played two 1A schools with a combined record of 1-7 and East Hickman 0-3.

Camden 4-0 has played three 3A schools with a combined record of 3-8 and a winless 2A school. The game is in Camden and I pick them to win based on home field and competition played this year.

East Hickman 0-3 has played Lewis County and Camden pretty close this year, but White House Heritage not so close.

Hickman County 3-0 has played a good 1A team (3-1) and two 3A schools with a combined record of 3-5. They seem to be playing pretty good and the game is in Centerville. I pick Hickman County to win.

CreekWood 2-2 has lost to Dickson County (Dickson’s only win) and Hickman County. They won against a winless Cheatham County and Fairview. They seem to be playing pretty good too.

Waverly 3-0 has played a winless 1A school, a winless 2A school and Stewart County. They have been able to score a lot of points and hold the other teams to a few. Game is in Waverly and I pick them to win.

Montgomery Central 1-3 has lost to Camden, Hickman County, and Harpeth with a combined record of 10-1. Their win is against Clarksville Academy. They have lost to 3 pretty good teams so far but I bet got some good experience from it.

Fairview 2-2 has lost to Camden and East Hickman. They have beaten a winless Cheatham County and Stewart County. The game is in Fairview but I don’t know if that will matter. My gut says go with Montgomery Central.

Prayers for all the young men playing and fans traveling.

Fairview lost to Camden and Creekwood, not East.

I have a question and would like opinions....?? It may be too early to tell but I see no issue with asking this question... Waverly is 3-0 and has out scored all 3 teams something like 146-26. Played exceptional defense and as I can tell very well conditioned. There was speculation that Wayne Counties Head Coach Ricky Rice was considering the job before McConnel got it. Would we had been better off with Rice or what we were Blessed with? My opinion is we got exactly what we needed in McConnel. Sure we would had inherited a Sophomore Quarterback that has the same blood as a Mr. Tennessee Back of the year 2010 and starting quarterback of the 2011 A State Champions. But I think that McConnel has brought a certain energy that we need. What are the opinions? Just trying to get things going. GBB! #BWTP!

I have a question and would like opinions....?? It may be too early to tell but I see no issue with asking this question... Waverly is 3-0 and has out scored all 3 teams something like 146-26. Played exceptional defense and as I can tell very well conditioned. There was speculation that Wayne Counties Head Coach Ricky Rice was considering the job before McConnel got it. Would we had been better off with Rice or what we were Blessed with? My opinion is we got exactly what we needed in McConnel. Sure we would had inherited a Sophomore Quarterback that has the same blood as a Mr. Tennessee Back of the year 2010 and starting quarterback of the 2011 A State Champions. But I think that McConnel has brought a certain energy that we need. What are the opinions? Just trying to get things going. GBB! #BWTP!

164-26

McConnell is the man.

Rice would never come here.

Waverly has a young motivated staff. Good things to come. Were proud of our staff and the job they are doing.

Wavo, I like your posts! You got real passion. This one, my friend, get behind your coach and don't look back. You can "what if" something to death. The cards usually fall the way they do for a reason. You're 3-0 my friend, enjoy it!

I agree with the Jacketman 100%. Coach McConnell has been a breath of fresh of air for the football program. The staff this year has lit a fire in the boys and it has spread throughout the community. Victories are not always on the field when building a program the first few years - look at the turn out for the away game at Stewart County. No matter what our final record may be, this has been a winning season in my book in how the staff and the young men have gotten the community to support the football program as much as the basketball program. Good luck to all 11AA teams playing later today (except Creekwood, you are playing against the Tigers). Praying for no serious injuries for all players. Safe travels everyone.

I agree with the Jacketman 100%. Coach McConnell has been a breath of fresh of air for the football program. The staff this year has lit a fire in the boys and it has spread throughout the community. Victories are not always on the field when building a program the first few years - look at the turn out for the away game at Stewart County. No matter what our final record may be, this has been a winning season in my book in how the staff and the young men have gotten the community to support the football program as much as the basketball program. Good luck to all 11AA teams playing later today (except Creekwood, you are playing against the Tigers). Praying for no serious injuries for all players. Safe travels everyone.

You sir are smart...  The football money will fund all your other sports and help the school district out as well.  McConnell was no doubt the right choice. He wanted the job.  

For those in Waverly who  don't know it..Camden has a history helping its neighbors out with Championship coaches we let get away. Bruceton got coach Sturdivant from Camden one state Championship a runner up and quite a few years of dominance. Huntingdon got coach Mike Mansfield who won at least 1 state championship but I believe 2 and was there for nearly 2 decades.

Edited by Beagle