South Pittsburg 2014

Eraser

So what is the deal with North Jackson? I have heard that name and SP mentioned in the same sentence many times.

We don't like North Jackwagon.  We have never played North Jackwagon.  North Jackwagon was created ~ 1987 with the merger of Bridgeport High and Stevenson High which were 2 of SPHS's arch rivals in the old Sequatchie Valley Conference. 

The 2014 Pirates will have their chance to prove people wrong just like this years bunch. They have A LOT of work to put in though. It is the same thing as always. How well the line develops will be the key because they have the young backs. Bell County and Hixson will show everyone how tough the Pirates are from the get go.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I know we aren't empty, just curious if we had any of those "impact" players coming up.[/quote

Good point. IMO we had players ,though young. That could have helped more. They need reps early in the season. I believe in playing your best athlete. No matter the class.

Do you think that some of the younger guys were better than some of the older ones? I like the young skill talent as well, but I thought the ones they used were pretty dang tough.

Edited by TheAmbassador

ame="bossbro" post="3109868" timestamp="1386689281"]

Really don't think they were used enough to help us to win. In championship game we needed someone who could turn the corner. IMO we had a better chance to win. Had we blended in the fast younger backs during the regular season.then all would have been confident in the crunch time.

Do you think that some of the younger guys were better than some of the older ones? I like the young skill talent as well, but I thought the ones they used were pretty dang tough.

ame="bossbro" post="3109868" timestamp="1386689281"]

Nah the Pirates played their best players. Can't win with relying on freshman. Atleast not against good teams. Not sure what the commotion is about with not having your coach this year. Looked like same SP teams I've seen through the years. Actually think the WingT is more suited for you guys vs the spread. Offense this year was fine. Still can't play defense though. I'm just keeping it real.

Edited by TyroneBiggums