Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

It's great to be a Maryville fan knowing that the Rebels are top dog in 6A every season. B)

I agree BigDave !! Glad we got a Gloating thread to Celebrate it too , great Idea ... whoever started it !! Just Imagine ... Maryville has played 15 Game Seasons for 10 Straight years now ... When a lot of those poor guys are having to sit back and watch our Threads , or watch our team to get their Football fill .... Those poor guys ... I guess having to watch the same ol team year after year after year would just about drive some of them Crazy ..... with Jealousy .... lol 

Pep,do You think the TSSAA will eventually start up a 7A classification and put Maryville in it?

Oh it's probably already in the works by the" Middle Tennessee Find a Gold Ball" Committee ... This Committee is looking into eliminating any team who has beaten one of their teams in the last 5 years . It's a terrible injustice that has been done to the Middle Tennessee area . Teams who have beaten or would try to beat one of the Middle Tennessee teams would be banned for Life from TSSAA Playoffs . Legislation at it's best , makes you Proud to be an American !! 

• Upvote 1

I think we should let any kid in the state, or bordering state, go to any school they want.  Then we could have two divisions, Put Up and Shut Up, and let each school decide where they want to play.   If a school district and booster organization wants to have a top notch program, they can put up.  Everbody else can shut up and just play ball.

I suppose there would be some cheatin' schools tryin' to play in the Shut Up division, but they'd be pretty easy to spot.

As a Maryville fan I am proud of their success since 1997. Since 1997 Maryville is 236-16 with 11 state titles and 4 runner ups. Maryville wasn;t just a Johnny Come Lately program. Maryville won 3 state titles in the 70's.

Most High Schools never have a legendary coach. Maryville has been fortunate to have 2 legends. Everyone knows about George Quarles and his awesome winning record of 208 wins and 14 losses. George was also an assistant on the 1997 and 98 teams. George will go down as the best coach in Tennessee History.  The other legend Maryville had was Ted Wilson. Ted Wilson's record was 146-27 at Maryville with 3 state titles. Ted Wilson was a master motivator and great coach. It is great to be a Maryville Rebel fan.

Oh it's probably already in the works by the" Middle Tennessee Find a Gold Ball" Committee ... This Committee is looking into eliminating any team who has beaten one of their teams in the last 5 years . It's a terrible injustice that has been done to the Middle Tennessee area . Teams who have beaten or would try to beat one of the Middle Tennessee teams would be banned for Life from TSSAA Playoffs . Legislation at it's best , makes you Proud to be an American !! 

I actually think there needs to be 2 state champions every year. One public, one private, with a grand champion bowl game between the two as the final. All the other comparative nonsense would stop. 

Let everyone recruit all they want within their local school board/leadership and TSSAA rules and let the best team win. 

No offense, but if that were to happen, I don't think Maryville would have the budget to maintain the level of championships you have to this point. 

But if it is only about having the best football...well, there is your answer. 

Debate away, friends. 

Taxpayers never win.

Public education is not a business with profit or loss motive. It is a government subsidized entity and, as such, must treat taxpayers with a certain equality. At least in the eyes of the court. It is why not allowing women to vote and segregated waiting rooms were abolished.

Of course Alcoa would lose money. Any entity loses money if an income source is lessened. Grocery stores lose money if they don't sell cigarettes. Doesn't justify selling cigarettes.

It does if you own the grocery store!

This sounds like what they are doing in Oklahoma in 6A. Last night Jenks High School beat Union for the 6A title. It was the 18th straight Class 6A football championship won by either Jenks or Union. There’s nothing like it in the history of Oklahoma high school football. Next year there will only be 16 teams in The largest class.

Here is the write up from the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/john-klein-jenks-union-dominance-like-no-other/article_feab14e0-63bd-11e3-b738-0019bb30f31a.html

The article also addresses the youth programs at the two programs.

Fun Fact: Jenks is Maroon and Union is Red/Black...

Hey that is a Fun Fact there tulsaunion !! Pretty cool actually !

202 Td's. Yes. Every record was broken. All up and coming players are better. Biggest 2nd grader is S Young. Fastest is J Myrick. Currently all the newborns suck, but GQ will coach um up. I hope Mr. Harness poop doesn't stink cause I need to kiss his rear to get my son a passing grade in geometry. Yes, Sunday night after church. Any other questions just let us know.

I have Harness. I'm almost failing too haha. He's merciless

I have never seen a maryville fan on here brag- degrade an opponent or gloat . my kids go to one of those bad private schools that steal all the kids from brentwood high school .. ( which is a joke since I am a paying parent and it was my choice)

I find the maryville posters to be respectful and complimentary of whoever they play. Like I have said a million times if your neighbor has a new Lexus you don't go over and beat it up with a sledge hammer because you don't have one.

What they have accomplished over the years and how they go about doing it reflects well on our state. So go beat up the Lexus if it makes you guys feel better but a new one will be in the driveway next year

Edited by baylorbigdog1976
  • Upvote 1

OK ok enuff allreddy......3 entristin' fax frum twonite....

1. We didun't drive a Leckuss orr Rolls two supper......Nellie got 'er dunn

2. We didun't haiv a entarr groceree stoar....Butt good news Rebull fanz...momma STARS likes tha Rebull Yell Burrgurr.....Wif Dead End BBQ givin' a dollur two MHS fer evur RY Burrgurr sold...Momma will hursef maik shore thait we haiv tha NFL Nike Jursees inn red and white necks yeer two match tha Nike NFL black jursees thait we haid this yeer......

3. Eye runned intwo sx twonite Christmus shoppin' att tha Mall and eye'm gladd two reeport he haz werked all tha rust oft tham 1980 daincin' mooves..... :thumb: