Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

BS2007 was thanking the Maryville School Board for all of their support (in the larger discussion of everything going on in the Knoxville system), and I was simply pointing out the advantage of having a community and school board that are supportive of their single high school. I used Hamilton County as an example of everything that is wrong with large metropolitan school boards. I don't profess to have the answers, and I doubt that anything is going to change significantly.

Sequatchie and Bledsoe are also fortunate to have a community and school board that supports its single high school. Signal Mountain is kind of a hybrid. As you know, the school was built and is sustained by a significant financial contribution from the town of Signal Mountain and the residents of Signal Mountain, but we are still part of the dysfunctional HCDE. It is what it is.

One possibility, establish a separate city school system.

I don't know enough about the game to know "why", but I see the same types of stuff watching both auburn and murvil. Both offenses score easier than other teams. Both teams have real good players, but no all americans. Both coaches seem to "get it" when they run the spread. Other teams (including my vols) run the spread but nothing looks easy. For the guys who know how to coach an offense (or a spread), most every play looks easy. There are huge holes to run through; receivers are commonly wide open; misdirections seem to always work. The defense is always forced to pick their poison. Both these teams can snap it 5 yards back to a qb and then he can run for a 20 yard gain - you kidding me? It seems like the defense is playing 8 vs the 11 on offense. Whatever "it" is that these 2 coaches have, alot more teams could use it.

As for kids reacting to tough love, different kids react differently. I think it has more more to do with these two coaches being able to put kids in better position to make plays than anything else - JMO. No need to yell much when you only punt once in two games!

BTW - I hope the auburn coach goes to Texas - LOL.

Goodur points hear....Barney haz brawt a good articull upp....

Eye haiv two uhgree thays sum simmy-larry-tees fer shore....

Eye'll be glaid two reed sx's basebawl reevues comin' upp this sprang (eye will try two hannull sprang practuss)....Eye ain't much onn brakin' down basebawl......Heck eye thawt fer tha longust thait Peat Rose wuz sumthin growin' inn momma's flair gardin beeside tha traylur........ :huh:

Eye'll be glaid two reed sx's basebawl reevues comin' upp this sprang (eye will try two hannull sprang practuss)....Eye ain't much onn brakin' down basebawl......Heck eye thawt fer tha longust thait Peat Rose wuz sumthin growin' inn momma's flair gardin beeside tha traylur........ :huh:

Not sure I will be in position to provide any reviews this spring. We may need to depend on others such as mhs82 for some first hand reports. It should be an interesting season with lots of opportunities for some fresh faces to make some impacts at murvil. We should be good, but we better be because the area will be above avg in baseball.

Mr. Clifton at hairtage is finally gone to the big leagues, but we will again see plenty of very good pitchers. Wb has a former Memphis commit (now headed to TTU) as their ace. Farragut will have another vandy commitment as their number 1; Bearden will have a legitimate 5-tool player (and summer draftee) pitching, playing cf, and leading off; HVA will have a UT commit/best pitcher in the area (IMO) on the bump against us I am sure. BTW - he is only a jr. Catholic, South Doyle, and Powell are other teams in the area who are loaded and should make some noise this year.

I did notice our baseball leader looked gimpy at the banquet sunday. Gotta get him healed up before the first pitch. :popcorneater: The quicker baseball gets here, the sooner it will warm up again!

Not sure I will be in position to provide any reviews this spring. We may need to depend on others such as mhs82 for some first hand reports. It should be an interesting season with lots of opportunities for some fresh faces to make some impacts at murvil. We should be good, but we better be because the area will be above avg in baseball.

Mr. Clifton at hairtage is finally gone to the big leagues, but we will again see plenty of very good pitchers. Wb has a former Memphis commit (now headed to TTU) as their ace. Farragut will have another vandy commitment as their number 1; Bearden will have a legitimate 5-tool player (and summer draftee) pitching, playing cf, and leading off; HVA will have a UT commit/best pitcher in the area (IMO) on the bump against us I am sure. BTW - he is only a jr. Catholic, South Doyle, and Powell are other teams in the area who are loaded and should make some noise this year.

I did notice our baseball leader looked gimpy at the banquet sunday. Gotta get him healed up before the first pitch. :popcorneater: The quicker baseball gets here, the sooner it will warm up again!

The sooner baseball gets here, the closer we are to football season again.......woo hoo!!!

Eye haiv two addmitt eye'm sortee like jake wif hit gettin' clostur baick two pigskin seesun.....

sx.... WB's "ace's" mammy used two spent a hole lott ov time ovur att Mom and PopSTARS hawse when'st we wuz growin' upp.....She wuz good buddies wif Lil'SisSTARS.....She played baskitbawl att Deer Old Mairvul Hi fer A.J. Wilson........Knott onlee thait, butt hur diddy cood lay down lacker, block sand, and use 3M 600 grit wif tha best ov 'em.....Mr. 200 wooda ben gellus.....However "ace's" pappaw's hare steal weren't neer az purtee az 200's...... B)

Edited by STARSNBARS