Who would Ya'll pick for Preseason 1A top 10?

BigDave1967

Did Coalfield not lose the starting QB and three offensive lineman?Not to mention some very good LBs,If so i cant see them being top five team.Stewart and Bible are very good ballplayers but it will be hard to win more than six or seven games with just them.

They are no worse off than the Pirates.

Key Returnees-Zach Stewart (OL/DE, Sr., UT commitment), Addison Bible (RB/DB Sr.), Andrew Clore (RB, Jr.), John Ervin (ATH/DB, Jr.), Josh Turpin (OL/DL, Sr.), Blake Hall (OL/LB, Jr.), Kyle Vanwitzenburg (TE/QB/LB, Jr.), Peyton Tinker (WR/DB, Sr.)

Did Coalfield not lose the starting QB and three offensive lineman?Not to mention some very good LBs,If so i cant see them being top five team.Stewart and Bible are very good ballplayers but it will be hard to win more than six or seven games with just them.

And Humboldt.Cant see them being that high this year with all they are losing.Poll isnt correct.We'll see this coming season.

They are no worse off than the Pirates.

In numbers yes but South Pitts talent level is on a different playing field than all of us other East teams.It will be hard for Cfield to replace 8 offensive players and be real sucsesful.Coalfield and Greenback and Gordonsville will be the teams behind the Pirates but that is usually a pretty big gap.

In numbers yes but South Pitts talent level is on a different playing field than all of us other East teams.It will be hard for Cfield to replace 8 offensive players and be real sucsesful.Coalfield and Greenback and Gordonsville will be the teams behind the Pirates but that is usually a pretty big gap.

I would expect GB to be pretty good and maybe could be swapped out to 2nd in the poll.

I would expect GB to be pretty good and maybe could be swapped out to 2nd in the poll.

They have a very good backfield coming back(all of them)but have to get the line in shape if they do they could be pretty good but i dont see a top 5 with the west being loaded this yr.Good luck to the Pirates i would love to see GB and South Pitt play again.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Union City

2. Nashville Christian

3. Humboldt

4. So Pitt

5. Coalfield

6-10 could be alot of teams

As much as I hate to admit it but Humboldt will not be a top ten team lost to many to graduation & last year would have been their year to win but lost wto classic games to UC who should be the favorite & repeat as "State Champions"!! Humboldt will be lucky to finish 4th or 5th in their district!!!

And Humboldt.Cant see them being that high this year with all they are losing.Poll isnt correct.We'll see this coming season.

You never know Bigster but we still have the running back that started seven (7) games (for McLilly) and rushed for almost 850 yards, the back-up QB who probably should have started because he had a better arm then Montague. Humboldt also has the big fullback & DE. Agnew will  also be returning for his senior year so we will see what Coach Reid can do in his second season at Humboldt. Never know how kids grow over the summer & get stronger so I'll never count them out because people have been saying for years that we will be down but somebody always steps up & fill the voids. Humboldt has a lot of talent & the kids coming up ran Coach Reid system at middle school so it shouldn't be a hard transtition just all about getting bigger & stronger. Hopefully, they will have a scrimmage during spring practice & I can see then but I wouldn't count them out just yet..UC still will be the team to beat!!!!

You never know Bigster but we still have the running back that started seven (7) games (for McLilly) and rushed for almost 850 yards, the back-up QB who probably should have started because he had a better arm then Montague. Humboldt also has the big fullback & DE. Agnew will  also be returning for his senior year so we will see what Coach Reid can do in his second season at Humboldt. Never know how kids grow over the summer & get stronger so I'll never count them out because people have been saying for years that we will be down but somebody always steps up & fill the voids. Humboldt has a lot of talent & the kids coming up ran Coach Reid system at middle school so it shouldn't be a hard transtition just all about getting bigger & stronger. Hopefully, they will have a scrimmage during spring practice & I can see then but I wouldn't count them out just yet..UC still will be the team to beat!!!!

Underclassmen Are Saying They Are Running A Different Formation This Year.

Underclassmen Are Saying They Are Running A Different Formation This Year.

What formation is that since they just change to the spread offense last year but during playoffs went back to the power I? I kinda wished they would have stayed with the spread & not be so predictable in the power I because they still will have a lot of weapons on the team even after losing a lot to graduation. Like I said in another thread, Humboldt always seems to find someone to replace stars, I can go back twenty-five (25) years & name RB's that replace all state backs and didn't lose a beat. Humbldt issue now will be depth, size & a offensive/defensive line will be the key to their success because I assure you their are many more good backs at Humboldt!