Update on moving the State Tournament

russianbear

Bo Watson has been contacted and we are following his recommendations, some of which I'll make public. He suggested to have an attorney create a petition to take to the TSSAA
1) Jeff Rufolo has graciously volunteered to do so. Please keep in mind he has his own pace 
2) Gather some information - details provided when appropriate
3) Meet with Mark Reeves (we'd like for as many of you to be at this meeting as possible) with the petition and information

I'll obviously let you know when the petition is ready. In the meantime please write to the governor and email, write or call the TSSAA (some already have, please don't just expect everybody else to do it). And be sure to thank ROOF! 2 x NJ pee wee runner up!

Office of Governor Bill Haslam
1st Floor, State Capitol
Nashville, TN 37243 
Primary (615) 741-2001

TSSAA.org

Edited by russianbear

Some suggestions.  

If we don't have 12 mats say goodbye to double elimination.

Make sure to have all 3 days every year and not have to move dates randomly when something else comes up.

Good luck but if you loose double elimination you can forget any support you had.

If you want to get it changed then you will have to show the TSSAA the contract, costs, and schedule.  

I'm sure I'm missing something that you'd have to have but you'd need all your ducks in a row.  You can't just go around complaining.   It took 2 years to get the state moved to the Ag Center and they had to prove how it would work.

good luck.

Edited by coachpeck
  • Upvote 1

Some other things to consider. The TSSAA will not move it anywhere they do not control charging to park. $$$.

The rent of the arena needs to be in line with the financials currently in place. They are not going to move it somewhere and lose money.

It needs to be centrally located for the entire state.

It needs to be available for 3-4 days without interruption.

Some other things to consider. The TSSAA will not move it anywhere they do not control charging to park. $$$.

The rent of the arena needs to be in line with the financials currently in place. They are not going to move it somewhere and lose money.

They can't lose money if they are making a profit.  They can not make as much money but they have to go into the red to lose money. 

As far as parking goes, I remember all the talk about the barn being such a good sight bc of the "free parking", and we all know how that turned out.  They have even convinced band parents to work the lot!!! Do they get a cut?  Why them?  They don't have a dog in the race.  BAND? really. 

I agree with a central location, but a barn is a bad place to wrestle. 

I don't see anything changing because the TSSAA is making more money off of kids.  I haven't seen them put any more back in though?  Bureaucracy at its finest. 

I wonder why you are saying "it needs to be...." centarlly lo9cated to the entire state.  It was in Chattanooga for a long time and it worked fine there.  this sounds like an opinion versus a requirement.  The current financials are that the venue is free, if it needs to be free to have a move then pick a field and get out the bulldozers and you can have a like kind of experience.    Are you sure about all of this.

Hey we can fix this problem over night. JUST BOYCOTT THE T$$AA ALL TOGETHER!!!!, and that will fix everything till they move it. As my mom would say "Move it or lose it". They will get the picture over night. Just stop wrestling in the state, and let the boys wrestle in USA, AAU, and anywhere else but in that Old Cow Palace. Hey lets put our money where our mouth is at, and walk away from T$$AA. Don't show up next year. Hit them in their pockets, and if that don't help, Lets stop supporting other sports. You got the POWER!!!!!!