It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

Do you realize that was the first game CPA has lost to a team from Tennessee in over 90+ games and it took a last second shot for that to happen so I wouldn't toot my horn to loud my friend! CPA is still by far the best basketball program in the state and it's not even close.

No doubt and do the best job recruiting of any program in the state.

Interesting discussion. Upper cumb Tennessee modeling their football after texas is not a viable option. Texas is so much bigger and has so many more schools playing football it's not even in the same stratosphere. Also in texas public school recruiting is unbelievably rampant which is starting to come out on this board. Upper where is Giles county supporting the split? Also the public schools that will win when the private schools leave are the same ones that are beating the privates now. So the schools complaining about losing to privates will now lose to the better public schools but you will still lose year in year out and by a lot. Is losing to a non private school going to make people happier. I think a delusion exists that upperman will now beat Alcoa in the state finals every year because lipscomb and goodpasture are gone. That won't happen. The areas with greater population or open zone or like trousdale and Henry co. And Milan with great tradition will now dominate because the playing field will still be uneven toward their circumstantial advantages. I think one of the biggest wildcards in this deal is how financially splitting the privates out of tssaa if they form their own organization will impact the finances of the TSSAA and its member schools. Also what will classifications look like without all private schools will the z plan go away. What happens to travel costs etc. losing the private schools will hurt the overall well being of the tssaa. Thoughts opinions? Maybe upper will respond to me. In football like all states the best programs are the best no matter what. Alcoa, trousdale, Milan ,Huntington Henry co. , maryville, will continue dominating football regardless of the set up.

Interesting discussion. Upper cumb Tennessee modeling their football after texas is not a viable option. Texas is so much bigger and has so many more schools playing football it's not even in the same stratosphere. Also in texas public school recruiting is unbelievably rampant which is starting to come out on this board. Upper where is Giles county supporting the split? Also the public schools that will win when the private schools leave are the same ones that are beating the privates now. So the schools complaining about losing to privates will now lose to the better public schools but you will still lose year in year out and by a lot. Is losing to a non private school going to make people happier. I think a delusion exists that upperman will now beat Alcoa in the state finals every year because lipscomb and goodpasture are gone. That won't happen. The areas with greater population or open zone or like trousdale and Henry co. And Milan with great tradition will now dominate because the playing field will still be uneven toward their circumstantial advantages. I think one of the biggest wildcards in this deal is how financially splitting the privates out of tssaa if they form their own organization will impact the finances of the TSSAA and its member schools. Also what will classifications look like without all private schools will the z plan go away. What happens to travel costs etc. losing the private schools will hurt the overall well being of the tssaa. Thoughts opinions? Maybe upper will respond to me. In football like all states the best programs are the best no matter what. Alcoa, trousdale, Milan ,Huntington Henry co. , maryville, will continue dominating football regardless of the set up.

This isn't all about football my friend its all sports and yes Giles does support the split, look what district CPA plays in.The fact is privates like CPA have a lot advantages over public schools and you know it and they know it too. 

I couldn't agree more my friend but some people on this board seem to think that it's a level playing field!

butthurt.jpg
Why is it that you Alcoa fans try to make fun of people when they don't have the same opinion as you???? That's what coacht is for is to express your opinions! Just because you guys have one of the best football programs in the state doesn't mean that y'all are the only people with knowledge and opinions of the game of football

Why is it that you Alcoa fans try to make fun of people when they don't have the same opinion as you???? That's what coacht is for is to express your opinions! Just because you guys have one of the best football programs in the state doesn't mean that y'all are the only people with knowledge and opinions of the game of football

At least we (Alcoa fans, CAKe fans, Catholic fans, Maryville fans) know what good football looks like. Unlike the rest of you know it all's from west of Rockwood.

So fill out the form...I hear they are giving out participation trophies to people that send them in.

At least we (Alcoa fans, CAKe fans, Catholic fans, Maryville fans) know what good football looks like. Unlike the rest of you know it all's from west of Rockwood.

So fill out the form...I hear they are giving out participation trophies to people that send them in.

You might also include Greenville and Fulton in that group. What does CAK, Catholic, Maryville, and Alcoa have in common beside state championships.

Split needs to happen because it's the right then to do to protect the integrity of High School Athletics. That would at least give public urban schools a chance to keep privates from poaching their athletes. Why is it privates are never interested in urban kids that are great students? Bad system that needs to be fixed. Two questions for Alcoa fans. How wi you feel when Catholic, Webb, CAK come in a take a couple of your up and coming star players. Also why no game with Fulton, Central, or Powell. Just saying.

You might also include Greenville and Fulton in that group. What does CAK, Catholic, Maryville, and Alcoa have in common beside state championships.

Split needs to happen because it's the right then to do to protect the integrity of High School Athletics. That would at least give public urban schools a chance to keep privates from poaching their athletes. Why is it privates are never interested in urban kids that are great students? Bad system that needs to be fixed. Two questions for Alcoa fans. How wi you feel when Catholic, Webb, CAK come in a take a couple of your up and coming star players. Also why no game with Fulton, Central, or Powell. Just saying.

If the players want to go to another school, it's their decision. If he/she wasn't solely dedicated to play for Alcoa, he/she probably would play much anyway. You coach what you have and you play with what you've coached. No excuses.

Central & Powell? C'mon man!!! Lol!

I wasn't talking to to CAK, Cathholic, or Maryville fans, I was talking mainly to you, just because you don't win state Championships doesn't mean you don't know what quality football looks like my friend. It's statements like you just made that is so silly. Everybody knows Alcoa is elite but that doesn't make the rest of us beneath you when in comes to the knowledge of football.

Edited by alltime