UC vs JC

MrAnonymous

I think it will be a low scoring game.  Coach for JC will play a slow half court game, keep it close and hope to hit some shots in the end to win which they could do.  I don't think they will make the shots they need to make and UC wins the gold.  UC 39  JC 35.

I'm not saying Jackson Co is going to win , because Union City looks improved this year from last. The same exact thing was said last year.

There isnt a tower in the post this year, plus you have had a VERY easy road and almost got upset by a weak Loretto team....No way JC can keep up pace

This scenario is looking way to similar. UC took care of Clarkrange rather easily last year and every one picked them and we no what happend. UC does look really good and you would have to think JC was kinda going thru the motions today kinda looking past Loretto. My heart says to take UC, but you can never count out JC. I am 50/50 right now.

I think UC wins this one also.I said the same thing last year too.Lol.Mackenzie's presence under the basket the last couple years really hurt UC and Coe got hot the Championship game.No MacKenzie this year and UC will rule the paint this year.I think UC will win by double digits,but I take a 1 point win tomorrow.Has anybody seen UC Sports fan lately? He hasn't been posting much these last 2 days.Lol

I think UC wins this one also.I said the same thing last year too.Lol.Mackenzie's presence under the basket the last couple years really hurt UC and Coe got hot the Championship game.No MacKenzie this year and UC will rule the paint this year.I think UC will win by double digits,but I take a 1 point win tomorrow.Has anybody seen UC Sports fan lately? He hasn't been posting much these last 2 days.Lol

I am Makenzie's older brother, so needless to say I thought she was pretty awesome too, but I'm telling you don't fall asleep on this JC team just because she is not there.  They still have some great players on this team.  The thing that really sets them apart is their coach really knows how to create game plans against teams.  This is his 11th trip to the championship since 1999. You don't just stumble into the finals that many times by always getting easy draws and playing "weak Loretto"  I'm not saying that JC will win. but they are far better than everyone is saying. 

My advice would be, for any betting man, never to count out Jackson County. If Coe's hitting and Allen and Phillips play like they are capable, UC may be in trouble. Without the ability to make many shots above the foul line, Jackson county can have 4 players in the paint at all times.

I am here and i have been at the games thats why i haven't been posting much..  Jackson County lost two MaKenzie's, both of whom had a huge affect on last years outcome.  The loss of our point guard was just as big as the loss of Hensley down low.  Raven Fair could not guard Flynn in last years championship game but she won't be able to play this year so JC will have to do it by committee.  UC will have a decided advantage on the blocks, JC has Coe.  JC needs to be hitting the 3 ball and get a lead then sit back in the zone and make UC make a shot.  Amber Fair is not going to pass the ball to her sister or to anyone else for that matter from what i've seen so once she starts driving we need to take a charge.  If the ref's allow UC to play street ball and hammer away down low then UC wins by double digits, if they call it close i like JC's chances.  We shall see but either way JC has had a great year after losing Flynn.  One thing about JC they will be loaded again next year and will be back to the buro, seeking their ninth or tenth state championship, not sure UC recovers after all the seniors leave.  I lost alot of respect for UC's coach after what he did against Houston county as did alot of the coaching community, would love to see us make it 3 wins in 3 years over UC.  

JC is a good team and will be a test again but I believe UC will pull it out with a single digits win. In 1925 the UC girls went 17-0 to win their only state championship. 2008 the UC boys went 37-0 to win the state championship. Now the 2014 girls have the chance and do the same thing; 37-0 and state champions. Lets go Lady Tornadoes lets silence the critics.