TSSAA to Vote on Public/Private Split

bobcatfan300

Goodpasture in District 8-A with Trousdale County and Christ Presbyterian Academy in District 12-AA with Lewis County.

Am I the only one to find it interesting that there is one common thread (person) associated with these two schools? Maybe we can't fault coach Maddux for building his team the way he has, perhaps it's how he learned the game as a player...

Lewis Co got out of 12AA as soon as CPA was put in.   IMO TSSAA does not want to see its funds reduced if privates pull out which I think would happen eventually if made to split from publics 

Hope there is a split but the last time it was brought up, over 75% wanted a split and TSSAA claimed there was not enough support. TSSAA is suppose to represent the schools, not themselves. Maybe public schools should drop out and let the TSSAA take care of only the privates. How about T PSA (TN.Public School Association)?

I can agree with that. It's past time for a split or complete pullout of public schools. I do believe there are more public schools than private. SHOW THEM WHERE THE REAL MONEY IS AT!

Memphis kids go where they want too and private recruiting schools need their own..just put Memphis and private schools together and let the home grown kids have a real tssaa tourny!..Who cares if the tssaa loses Memphis! They aint bringing no fan support anyway..MTSU will go broke having Memphis their anyway!

I can agree with that. It's past time for a split or complete pullout of public schools. I do believe there are more public schools than private. SHOW THEM WHERE THE REAL MONEY IS AT!

amen!

let the privates go, good riddance. start your own athletic organization go ahead, you wont be able to schedule any tssaa teams to play and fill your schedule. i like the Tennessee public school athletic association. if they don't vote to split the publics should pull out that is where the power lies. there are a lot of private schools yes, but the tssaa cannot allow the public schools to pull out there are way more of them to govern. go to any TSSAA state tournament and you will hear several in the tssaa circle say i would really like to see a public school win this year. It is coming and if not this year, next. we will see if the tssaa is really about fairness and not about the almighty dollar is they step up and do the right thing and split. It simply is not fair to public schools, we scrape and beg for funding for our programs when it is a given for most privates.

hows this for an anology:

two card players make it to the championship round, the public card player has to play the hand he is dealt which consists of a pair of 8,s and a king high. the private card player plays his hand which he recruited, which is a pair of 9's, a pair of jacks, and an ace high. public loses everytime.

Edited by 9oldschool5